4.0 out of 5 stars High Charge (in every sense)
Published on 27 May 2010 by P. Brun

1.0 out of 5 stars not as advertised
The item in question was quoted as a Panasonic battery ending with '10E', the battery that arrived did not have the 'E' on the end and was therefore not compatible with my camera.
Published 15 months ago by Lancashire Lad

4.0 out of 5 stars High Charge (in every sense), 27 May 2010
P. Brun (Folkestone Kent) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack (Accessory)
If it were not for the cost this would have been given 5 stars. This is reflected in the heading of this review. I bought a Panasonic TZ6 camera for a "holiday of a life time" to the Nile and was concerned that the opportunity to recharge batteries may have been rare and so bought a spare battery. Since then I have felt secure in the knowledge that I had a charged spare with me and this peace of mind is worth it. However these batteries seem to go on for ever once charged and the battery that I started with was still going strong 480 images(including about 3 minutes of video)10 days later. This exceeds any previous experience of battery life by some distance. I have not yet used it to exhaustion so do not know the ultimate limit. The advantage of a spare battery is peace of mind and that the camera is not out of commission during the charging process. For these reasons I would recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Battery Compatibility, 5 Aug 2009
J. Molyneux (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack (Accessory)
According to the Panasonic web site, if one uses any other battery other than the Panasonic DMW-BCG10E ID Secured Battery for the Lumix TZ7 camera, with the current pre-installed firmware 1.2, it simply will not work. Some web sites offering 'compatible' batteries for the Lumix TZ7 have now withdrawn them.

4.0 out of 5 stars not a british version but it does work, 28 Feb 2010
simonp (london england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack (Accessory)
I ordered this battery as a necessary spare for my TZ7. What arrived was a DMW-BCG 10 but it did not have the letter E. I tried to get Panasonic to tell me if it was genuine. They said they'd enquire but after about 3 weeks, they phoned and said they couldn't be sure and hadn't had a response from Panasonic Japan. I tried it in the camera and it works. That means it must be genuine because Panasonic have fixed it so that clones cannot be used. I have version 1.2 of the firmware.

I am quite happy with the battery but don't expect any help from Panasonic. They will claim that you don't need a spare (not true) and that anything you didn't buy from them directly is a fake. Panasonic UK want to help but my impression is that Panasonic HQ in Japan don't.

5.0 out of 5 stars Buy genuine batteries!, 28 Feb 2010
This review is from: Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack (Accessory)
This genuine Panasonic battery holds it's charge for a long time, when not being used. The Inov8 replacement 'equivalent' batteries don't. I know this from bitter experience! The moral of this little tale? Always buy genuine Panasonic batteries, the extra cost is worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars The real McCoy, 11 April 2012
Paul Madge (Uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack (Accessory)
I received delivery of this battery very promptly for my new TZ30. It arrived in a genuine Panasonic box and has the suffix "E" clearly printed on it after the model number DMW-BCG10. It is completely consistent with the picture on this page. I also compared it with the battery that was supplied with the camera, and, the two are similar except that the original one has "IC" and "PSE" approval marks. However, the moulding detail etc. looks the same on both batteries and the performance of the new one so far seems just as good as the original. As long as the performance is maintained this appears a real bargain at around half the price I have seen for a Panasonic original battery elsewhere. Seems like a good deal.

4.0 out of 5 stars battery for tz6, 10 Feb 2010
This review is from: Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack (Accessory)
although this battery is quite expensive it works with my camera. I bought cheaper batteries that didnt work therefore wasted my money.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what is says!, 3 Sep 2009
This review is from: Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack (Accessory)
The new firmware means that cheaper alternatives wont work in the TZ7 - which Panasonic claim is good for us - those cheaper wicked imitations wont damage your shiny new camera! Yeah right!

The TZ7 is heavy on the battery so you do really need a spare which means biting the bullet and paying the over priced extra for the Panasonic branded one. As another reviewer said, of course it works just fine, it's just a bit galling paying through the nose - but then life's too short to worry about an extra 20!

5.0 out of 5 stars New Battery, 26 Jan 2010
Pleased with this item.
The product is an expensive item but found this site very reasonable.
This is a genuine battery for panasonic .
Would not risk putting in a so called compatible battery in case it damaged the camera.

5.0 out of 5 stars Do not leave battery stored in camera., 29 Sep 2010
M. Henshall - See all my reviews
This review is from: Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack (Accessory)
I made the mistake of leaving the camera unused for a long period with the battery installed not realising that this would completely drain the battery. When this happens the battery will not hold a charge and has to be replaced. I was shocked when I discovered the cost of an authentic replacement battery but purchased this model before leaving for a holiday in Greece. First class product which gave reliable results. Won't be leaving this battery in camera, must read instructions next time!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 10 Nov 2009
This review is from: Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack (Accessory)
After reading reviews for the TZ7 I decided I would need a spare battery. However reviews made it clear that 3rd party batteries will not be recognised by the latest models of the TZ6 and TZ7. I therefore played safe and opted for the Panasonic battery instead of the much cheaper 3rd party battery.

Panasonic DMW-BCG10E Lithium-ion Battery Pack