on 28 July 2004
But that's just not possible :) The album contains some gorgeous songs, but there are a few flaws that mean I don't really want to give it 4 stars. There aren't enough tracks on there for me, I'd like a couple more, and too many of the tracks are ones that you would just skip over. Now for my usual reviews of each track....
1. High Priests - This one is just plain creepy. The guys have good voices, I'll give them that, but it's just...weird.
2. Dance of Love - Oh I love this one. It's my absolute favourite. It's a version of "King of the Fairies," and it's beauuuutiful. I could sit and listen to it all day. I just put it on repeat; this one track alone is worth a fiver.
3. Carrickfergus - A gorgeous traditional song. I love the three notes that they play in the background (if you listen to it you'll know what I'm talking about).
4. Duelling Violins - Great, violin-y, starts off slow then becomes fast and upbeat.
5. Whispering Wind - I think I've heard Flatley playing this before, in Riverdance, but it's slow, mournful and very nice.
6. Dance Above the Rainbow - My second favourite track! It has three distinct sections. The first is a lot like Siamsa from the original Lord of the Dance, the second speeds up into a great reel which I really love, and the last is very modern and "techno," but I love it when they do this with Irish music, and I wish this section was longer because it makes me want to get up and dance!
7. The Dawning - A sadly pointless track, a bit that you always skip over when watching the show.
8. Spirit's Lament - The part where the little spirit's flute is broken and she gets Flatley to fix it for her. Also not my cup of tea.
9. I Dreamt I Dwelt - This woman has a gorgeous voice, a lovely track with the pretty sound of a harp. Ahhhhh....
10. Strings of Fire - I'm ecstatic that this one is on here, because it wasn't on the Lord of the Dance CD. I don't understand why between the two sections of music that were played on LoTD it launches into Siamsa, but luckily it goes back to the original and you can hear them playing at a speed like never heard before :D
11. Hell's Kitchen - definitely not a track to listen to on your own when it's getting dark. It's those creepy priests again, and they scare the bejesus out of me.
12. Celtic Fire (live) - I think what they mean by "live" is that they've got it off the DVD and it has screaming on it. A great track, and Michael Flatley is a genius - he can play the flute and shout out at the same time!! Live? I don't think so. But it's lovely and fast, and Flatley is a superb flute player, it's great to hear him doing that. At the end you hear him shout something like "Follow your dream! Look at this!" and this one is a nice high note to end the album on.
on 23 March 2011
I will start on a positive note and say thanks for speedy delivery and a great cd by mr flatley but the actual cd plastic cover was like a petri dish complete with bacteria, disgusting, i threw it in the bin, washed my hands and replaced the cover with a spare one i had, please look at what you are sending out to your customers!!!!
on 6 June 2000
Beautifull! If in doubt, buy this. Micheal Flatley isn't only an acceptable dancer (although Daire Nolan is better), he's a pretty good flute player too! The violins aren't bad either! The only things missing are the taps, particually in 'Dance of Love'. Bernadette Flyn's solo is so graceful, I cannot help but feel they should be included. Overall I was greatly impressed with the CD, and I'm sure the 2000 Feet of Flames tour music will be equally as impressive.
on 26 December 2010
I have had this on vhs for some and now bought the dvd, I have always been a great fan of irish dancing and Michael Flateley.Michael is not only a great dancer but an excellent musician as well.
on 30 January 2015
I challenge anyone to listen to track 5 (I think) Lord of the Dance and not get up and dance and make and absolute fool of themselves!! Uplifting!
on 8 May 2012
I love everything Michael Flatley has ever done, and this CD certainly doesn't disappoint . Good mixture of tracks highly recommended
on 25 April 2014
This is a brilliant audio summary of the spectacular show, now a few years old but it never loses its appeal for me.
on 7 May 2014
Loved this, really enjoy dance dvds and this came up to expectation, will watch it often and for years to come.
on 14 November 2012
Very happy with this product and I received it within a day. Will make a very good Christmas present :)
on 10 January 2006
I am here to tell all those people out there who hate this music or dislike it at the least, that you are not grasping the story of the music. Because the music is the story, each drum beat and each note of the fiddles and flutes tells a specific part and you NEED TO not only listen with your ears but with your mind and your heart. I found all of his music inspiring and breathtaking, but I guess I have different tastes compared to other people.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse