5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Irish Bliss!
Published on 4 Oct 2003

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my Mum
It is current, for my mum, but I bought the CD and the DVD,(for myself). She wants the "Lord of The Dance" played at her funeral! Weird I know, but saved me footfall, and, knowing her wishes were complete! Need I say more?
Published 9 months ago by Allan J Boyle

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sheer Irish Bliss!, 4 Oct 2003
By A Customer
This album is truly a five star collection of music. As it contains two reels ("Gypsy" and "Siamsa") as well as several jigs ("Cry of the Celts," "Celtic Dream," and "Stolen Kiss") you can dance along at home and be part of the experience! If you loved the show and are a big fan of Irish music, this is for you. With it's wide range of songs, going from the light and music-box, for example, "Celtic Dream," to the strong and powerful such as "Warriors," you have a piece of music to suit your every mood. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Hey, I like this music even without all the dancing, 25 July 2004
By A Customer
Well, I saw "Riverdance" this week and without comparing the dancing in the two shows (since I could never do any of it), I really like Ronan Hardiman's music for "Lord of the Dance" a lot better. From the opening track "Cry of the Celts" you get the feel of listening to an Irish band cooking in a pub someplace. Hardiman offers up a rich diversity of tunes, from the ephemeral "Celtic Dream" (that reminds me of the Nutcracker for some reason) to the pounding rhythms of "Warriors." I wish "Gypsy" were longer, because that is probably my favorite track. Hardiman himself provides the keyboard/programming for this wonderful mix of ancient sounds with modern technology. After all, who thinks of Irish music with a saxophone like you have on "Fiery Nights?" It is usually Uilleann Pipes and serious fiddle playing, both of which abound on this album. The two bonus tracks featuring the solo taps of Michael Flatley with the Lord of the Dance troupe are enough for the CD; you can always put on the video to hear more of the same, but I would think that after a while you can really just hear the tapping in your mind all the time anyway. Yes, you will enjoy this music more having seen the show, but I actually enjoyed listening to this CD for months before I bothered to check out the tape.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lord of the Dance CD, 18 Oct 2011
This is a brilliant album, so much thought and feeling has been put into each track, it's very stirring and difficult to keep still whilst listening to it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lord of the Dance OST, 22 Jun 2009
I bought this Cd after working the show, when it came to my place of work.
The CD is set out in the order of the show so the build up that you get in the show is still there. I was disappointed at first as the sound of the shoes tapping is obviously not there in the CD, but once looking at the case again the two tracks at the end have Michael Flately's tapping on the track, so if you're like me and liked the tapping its there and if you didn't its only on the last two tracks, so it still doesn't ruin the CD for you.
This album its ideal if you just want something on in the background as you potter about at home or in your car!

5.0 out of 5 stars Lord of the dance, 7 May 2014
Wonderful amazing really enjoyed this dvd it is something you can watch again and again. Excellent what a dancer and the music is brilliant.

3.0 out of 5 stars Bought it for my Mum, 18 Mar 2014

5.0 out of 5 stars A classic, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Michael Flatley's Lord Of The Dance (MP3 Download)
In a word just brilliant! An all time top 10 album that I never tire of listening to, loved also by the rest of the family.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 27 Feb 2014
very pleased with this item. would recommend this person. bought this for my uncle and he is very pleased with it.

5.0 out of 5 stars DVD, 16 Oct 2013
I have all his DVD's and just love them and him too, he is so talented and has followed his dream to dance his way to stardom, like Fred Astair did.. I admire him so much........great DVD's worth watching over again, which I often do.... Lynn Taylor...

5.0 out of 5 stars A beautiful album, 27 Aug 2013
This review is from: Michael Flatley's Lord Of The Dance (MP3 Download)
This is a beautiful album. If you like the show or Irish or Celtic music then you will love this album. A nice variety of slow, peaceful, calming songs and exciting, fast tempo pieces. And for those who love they way the taps in the show add to the music, some of the pieces have the taps added.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›