on 4 September 2010
Given that Playmobil toys are generally expensive for what you get, I was pleasantly surprised with the size and quality of this toy. My son got this for his 6th birthday and it is his favourite present- he is dragon and dinosaur mad.It comes with a knight and weapon accessories and there is a small bit of assembly needed to put the wings on but this is easy to do. There are plenty of pricey extras that complement this such as the dragon castle but this toy is great on its own and doesn't necessarily need the castle and other bits if your child is not a Playmobil fan.
My little boy was lucky enough to get this large Playmobil dragon for Xmas and loves it!

Whilst this dragon is certainly not cheap, as with most Playmobil it is very durable and feels sturdy and well made. It is pretty large - approximately 38cm long, 20cm tall depending upon how you have posed his wings, and has a wingspan of approximately 45cm. He also comes with a rider who is kitted out with armour, an axe and an extra long lance. The dragon itself has moveable wings, arms, legs and the mouth can be opened and closed. Oh yes, it's probably also important to mention that this terrifying creature can also breath fire! In the upper part of his mouth there is a little LED light, (batteries are supplied with the dragon - hurray!). When you press the button on his nose his nostrils slowly flash red four times and then his mouth is lit up with a flickering red light. Personally I think it's quite a nice little touch...but of course it really made the toy for my son!

Overall I would recommend this to anyone with a dragon-loving child. I marked it down one star just because I think it's slightly pricey, but I don't actually think it's bad value for money. It's had a lot of play from us and is still looking like new - I imagine it will last as long as we're wanting to play with it.
on 26 December 2012
Im very bad at 'presents' so was extra pleased when my grandson gave me a list of playmobil 'catalogue numbers' to choose from, that took all the grizzly doubt out of 'what to buy'. I was a bit shocked - opening the ginormous box of the 'dragons dungeon' (before buying the large seperate 'dragon')- to find so much *empty space* in the carton, that I subsequently used to fill with my own extras - but on close inspection, I decided that the 'playmobil' name for durability, and value - was not entirely unearned. All the plastic bits, if not meeting any High Art standards of design - looked very solid and unbreakable. My grandson is a whizz at these kit builds, (they look impossible to me) - (he is 6) and he assembles them all so fast I feel inadequate - not bringing the entire catalogue listfull - at once. At any rate - shopping for playmobil dragons became my best fun thing ever.
The brilliant flashing blue light of the Dragons dungeon - scared me out of my wits, when my GS waited in the garden, as evening fell, outside the house with it - and I could see nothing else, so it looked as if the cops were on an urgent call.
I was determined not to miss out on the big dragon, but had to send it after I had left - so didnt get to see it 'made'. I got the message from his pa later - that (as others have reported) its wings were jolly difficult to fix BUT pa and son had sorted that out together, so happy kit-build-bonding for them both - was very good news for me. If anyone knows where I can get the HUGE castle now, for approx half its 80-130 ££ price tag - do tell???
on 25 March 2012
7 Year old son loved this and he is now 8 and a half. He still doesn't want it to go to either ebay or the charity shop.
on 20 February 2011
This is a great toy. A fantastic creature for any girl or boy to spend hours playing with - dragon games, knights, castles, 'How to Train Your Dragon', fairy tales - we never ran out of games. The dragon is big and sturdy, very easy to assemble and up to everyday rough and tumble. We are big Playmobil fans and once again cannot fault.
on 20 June 2013
After just one day of playing one of the wings broke off. My son is generally very careful with his toys so I dont think he
forced it. Also he is still playing with the Playmobil toys I got as a kid about 25 years ago so I think this one was faulty.

I have sent it back and are waiting for Amazons respons.
on 6 November 2013
Unfortunately this product did not get delivered. Another toy was sent instead. As this went to Australia my grandson accepted was he received, but he really wanted the Dragon and that is why I chose it. I was informed that the wrong product had been picked. The product numbers were very similar.
on 26 April 2013
I hesitated buying such a toy for my 5 year old, but have to say he has had a good amount of play from it. The first dragon received did not work (flashing eyes) but was promptly replaced by Amazon.co.uk. Great service. The flashing eyes are a minor highlight. don't expect to be wowed.
on 16 January 2013
we got a great price here but product was not liked much by my son, he found the dragon to big to fit in the castle or to land on his dragon tower, the smaller dragons from playmobil are much more in use then this one here.
on 25 January 2014
Really pleased, item is a good size and once built is quite large! The light up nose is good however it isnt really noticeable. The batterys were supplied and have lasted a while so i cant complain!