5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fascinating
Published on 7 May 2011 by Dyspeptic Spirit

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth 12
Published 20 months ago by L. Carroll

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Fascinating, 7 May 2011
This review is from: Jonestown [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
Every now and then you watch a documentary which is not only informative and fascinating but also leaves you speechless. I must confess (that prior to viewing this film) I was wholly ignorant as to the facts surrounding the Jonestown massacre. Having watched the film I am just amazed and appalled at the power this man managed to exert over so many people and fascinated that he continued to do so in spite of his gradual slide into egomania, narcissism and madness.

A must watch.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth 12, 28 Dec 2012
L. Carroll "twinkle_toes" (N.Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Jonestown [DVD] [2006] (DVD)
I bought this DVD thinking it was going to be a great in-depth documentary/movie about Jim Jones and his followers. However, it is very disjointed and lots of information is left out. I found more information from reading wikipedia! And that's free! I have seen far better documentaries on tv and am very disappointed with this dvd. I really wouldn't waste any money on it. There is probably a better version made by someone else out there to buy for a lot cheaper. The actual event of the killings is described, but there is nothing about the state of mind of Jones, the family he has, any kind of motive or psychological explanation and nothing of the aftermath.
The dvd itself is also bad quality, I know old footage is used, but the whole thing is just dated, not produced in 2006 and not worth 12!

Jonestown [DVD] [2006]
Jonestown [DVD] [2006] by Stanley Nelson (DVD - 2009)
Used & New from: 21.34