5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax Tech Wash/TX Direct Wash-In
I have a jacket made from "Sympatex" fabric which was in need of washing and reproofing. As it was rather expensive I wanted to do it correctly so I e-mailed the manufacturer who recommended this product.

The product is very simple to use. There are two bottles containing 300ml each of wash and reproofer. You add up to 150ml of Tech Wash according to your water...
Published on 2 Jun. 2009 by Jerome Perkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not good enough
The wash is easy to use and does exactly what it says it will do. However, you have to use a lot per item of clothing and it didn't work so well at pre-treating the stains. My daughter's coat was covered in mud (as is the way with little ones) and I pre-treated as per instructions, washed as per instructions and the mud stains were not removed. I had to treat with another...
Published on 22 Feb. 2010 by Kate Tapparo

‹ Previous | 1 2 370 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwaw Tech Wash, 20 Oct. 2010
Excelent product does what is says on the tin. Have a Peter Storm anorak which had been washed and lost its waterproofness, one wash with Nikwax Tech Wash good as new. Saved having to buy a new coat.

4.0 out of 5 stars exactly what it said on the tin...., 18 Dec. 2010
Mrs. Victoria Payne (Sussex, UK) - See all my reviews
This twin pack of wash and re-proofer was just what I needed to revive my thornhill coat which after 3 years of heavy use was getting a bit less waterproof than it once was. The wash and re-proofer were easy to use and worked....what more can you want?

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheaper than a new ski outfit., 12 Jan. 2014
R. F. Stevens "richard23491" (Ickenham UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: Nikwax Tech Wash and TX. Direct Wash-In Twin Pack (Sports)
I've used the NikWax system for many years now in our washing machine to clean and re-proof my out-door all-weather gear, both walking jackets and trousers, but especially my ski clothing as that has had a hard life and is showing its age. Fortunately a wash-out-dirt and wash-in-proof treatment with this pair of chemicals rejuvenates the old fabric restoring good water repellency and thermal insulation and yet still allows it to breathe.

It cannot be perfect and as the old garment goes through the rough and tumble of a ski-trip it becomes more vulnerable to the hazards of wet snow, but I only need to re-proof once a year for a few weeks of skiing. And it is a lot cheaper than spending a small fortune on a new ski-outfit.

It is important to follow the instructions on the bottles, and make sure the washing machine insides are clean of detergent and fabric conditioner before using the NikWax system. Remember that grease stains need to be removed from the garment before the wash. I normally do a batch of two washes followed by two proofs, with the most important garments held back for the last wash and last proof. The wash is very effective, and you might not need the full amount unless the garments are filthy. However, be generous with the proofer, remember that a FULL cap (not just the inner threaded bit) is only 50ml.

Even Goretex linings finally begin to leak, and this TX system even helps there too, much better than the slightly differently targeted Polar and Down versions of NikWax.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Dry., 18 July 2012
I was sick and tired of getting soaked when wearing my North face storm gortex jacket. Most of which has been caused my own foolishness....I failed to wash the jacket using the correct stuff.I though id completely ruined my gortex by washing it in normal soap powder a few times. Whilst on holiday last year i just purchased the TX spray on reproofer , from a well known high street outdoor clothing retailer. Followed the instucions and i was still getting wet, and frustrated.
I did a quick bit of googling and discovered the error that iv'e been making. So i found the Nikwax twin pack wash and wash in , for less then the TX direct that Millets sold for £12.99.
I washed my jacket plus the kids and it all worked first time . Now the rain is running of my jacket again...happy days...Theres still another two more washes left in the bottles, so i thoroughly recomend it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax Tech Wash Twin pack, 25 April 2010
A. Johnson (Fleetwood UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent and effective product for cleaning and re-proofing waterproof anoraks etc.
Two washs were necessary to clean a light coloured anorak which was very dirty, but the end result was very good and the
anorak is fully waterproofed.

5.0 out of 5 stars The proof is in the washing, 20 Dec. 2011
TonyD "biotone" (Up North) - See all my reviews
(TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Excellent product that I have used on two waterproof jackets up to now, and that I will definitely order again to use on other kit.
The 'Tech Wash' provides a biological-free wash at the recommended programme for your garment, followed by a 30C cycle using the 'TX-Direct' reproofer. Couldn't be easier - you use on average 2 capfuls (100ml) of each bottle, depending on the hardness of your water and number of garments you are washing, so for me each twin pack will wash and proof three separate coats.
... and it works really well - thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars I'm staying dry so i guess it works, 26 Dec. 2012
I got this for my Paramo waterproof trousers. They are not made with Goretex or similar material but Analogy Technology instead, so rely on the re-proofing of Nikwax. So far i have only used the Tech Wash to wash off some mud and get rid of campfire smell but it works very well. The trousers came out smelling fresh and were mud free and it came with the added bonus that they were more waterproof than when they went into the machine.
The waterproofing has been well tested and has withstood multiple long hikes in weather ranging from light but persistent drizzle to a full on downpour. There was some slight (very slight) leakage on a particularly long, wet outing but I think that is to be expected from even the best gear.
Once the waterpoof qualities start to wear out I will chuck them in the washing machine with some of the Tx. Direct wash in and they will hopefully come out good as new. I have no doubts that these two Nikwax products will keep my trousers (and other outdoor clothing) waterproof for years to come and I will stay nice and dry.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 20 Oct. 2012
I treated two coats at the same time and it was simple.
Wash then treat, 2 cold wash cycles later both coats are hanging up in the bathroom drying off.

Both coats treated had started to absorb water and were in need of reproofing, neither had been reproofed before.
One coat is a Berghaus AquaFoil jacket and the other a Penfield Gibson coat impregnated with a Hudson Wax treatment, so two fairly different types of waterproofing.

They are both restored to a much better water proof state. Water beads, runs and is not absorbed.

We'll see how long it lasts but at the moment I am very happy with the product.
It's great value and as I think the wash in reproofing is more effective if you clean the garment first it's really handy to get both as a twin pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax re-proofing, 9 Jan. 2012
Mr. A. M. French (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This product does what it says on the label. I find you get the best results if you do it by hand in the bath rather than using the washing machine. Use at least once a year.

3.0 out of 5 stars waterproof? You sure?, 12 Jun. 2014
Bought this on recommendation and duly washed a nd reproofed my motorbike gear with it. But i'm finding that it doesn't keep me bum dry if sitting in water - something the trousers did when new. After half an hour the seams leak a little and this product doesn't stop the ebbing pool of water it seems to promise. The jacket seems to fair better and with the traffic, it needs washing more often and does seem to benefit from the treatment. So, I would suggest you try a little bottle first and consider whether the you can replicate the proofing to the level you like. It may be i may be expecting a miracle re the trousers, or should find a different product in the range. Anyhow, it's just my point of view

‹ Previous | 1 2 370 | Next ›