5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax Tech Wash/TX Direct Wash-In
I have a jacket made from "Sympatex" fabric which was in need of washing and reproofing. As it was rather expensive I wanted to do it correctly so I e-mailed the manufacturer who recommended this product.

The product is very simple to use. There are two bottles containing 300ml each of wash and reproofer. You add up to 150ml of Tech Wash according to your water...
Published on 2 Jun 2009 by Jerome Perkins

3.0 out of 5 stars Good but not good enough
The wash is easy to use and does exactly what it says it will do. However, you have to use a lot per item of clothing and it didn't work so well at pre-treating the stains. My daughter's coat was covered in mud (as is the way with little ones) and I pre-treated as per instructions, washed as per instructions and the mud stains were not removed. I had to treat with another...
Published on 22 Feb 2010 by Kate Tapparo

‹ Previous | 1 2 339 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax Tech Wash Twin pack, 25 April 2010
A. Johnson (Fleetwood UK) - See all my reviews
This is an excellent and effective product for cleaning and re-proofing waterproof anoraks etc.
Two washs were necessary to clean a light coloured anorak which was very dirty, but the end result was very good and the
anorak is fully waterproofed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cleaned and reproofed my trusty jacket!, 14 Jan 2013
Mr. P. Langley (Cheshire, England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
I have been aware of Nikwax products for a number of years, and heard many good things about them. That being said, I relied on pure soap flakes to clean my outdoor clothing thinking it was "good enough"

My 7 year old Berghaus Mera Peak Goretex jacket was starting to look a bit grubby even with frequent washes with pure soap flakes, and the shell was wetting out at the first sign of rain.

I decided to give this combo a try before forcing myself to buy a newer model. I was glad I did!

After reading the instructions I decided to opt for the hand wash option, as it would take far less of the product, take less time that my machine cycle would take, and I could aggitate the products into the material better than the machine could.

I washed the jacket in the bathtub with hand hot water, and was amazed at how much dirt and grime came out! The water went a light brown! Bearing in mind that I had not washed it too long ago in soap flakes, and it didn't look dirty (just a bit grubby) I followed this by three rinses in clean water, until all water draining off was clear.

Next was the reproofing with TX Direct! I added a cap of TX into hand warm water, and made sure that the jacket was well soaked in the solution. It says to leave it for 5 to 10 minutes, but I left it in for about 20. It also recommends wearing gloves for the hand wash option, and I would agree! My hands came out of the water and started to bead water over the surface of the skin :D After 20 mins I gave the jacket a rinse, and dried it.

The results of the clean looked very good, much better than cheap soap flakes! The results of the TX Direct wash in left me very happy indeed! Rain now beads off the jacket, and it refuses to wet out.

It reminds me that you get what you pay for, both in terms money, and time. I feel like I have a new jacket back, and for a small outlay I no longer have to consider buying a newer jacket. I would recommend this product, and I will not use anything else now. Thanks Nikwax!

5.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax re-proofing, 9 Jan 2012
Mr. A. M. French (united kingdom) - See all my reviews
This product does what it says on the label. I find you get the best results if you do it by hand in the bath rather than using the washing machine. Use at least once a year.

5.0 out of 5 stars The proof is in the washing, 20 Dec 2011
TonyD "biotone" (Up North) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Excellent product that I have used on two waterproof jackets up to now, and that I will definitely order again to use on other kit.
The 'Tech Wash' provides a biological-free wash at the recommended programme for your garment, followed by a 30C cycle using the 'TX-Direct' reproofer. Couldn't be easier - you use on average 2 capfuls (100ml) of each bottle, depending on the hardness of your water and number of garments you are washing, so for me each twin pack will wash and proof three separate coats.
... and it works really well - thoroughly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This stuff is great!, 9 Sep 2010
This stuff works really well and I have used it to rewaterproof an old Gortex caot and a new windproof one.

I then went on to do everyone elses coat in the family with what was left. :-)

4.0 out of 5 stars perfect for waterproof items, 25 April 2010
These are about the only products to wash and reproof waterproof garments and they work as advertised.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Good, 7 Jan 2013
I priced these in the local outdoor clothing shops and they where much cheaper from this seller. I followed the instructions and I washed 2 jackets at the same time using the product , and we certainly have had plenty of rain since and my coats are totally waterproof. I would advise the importance of reading the instructions prior to use and following them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Product, 6 Dec 2012
My Gortex jacket is nearly 20 years old and I was considering throwing it out. But I wanted to see if I could revive it to last a bit longer. Unable to find any re-proofing products in the local shops I was delighted to find some on Amazon. And washing with the Tech Wash, followed by a further wash using the re-proofing liquid really did work. I have worn the jacket a number of times in the recent bad weather and the jacket remained waterproof. What's more, there is enough Nikwax liquid left for futher treatments. 10 out of 10.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does the job, 20 Oct 2012
I treated two coats at the same time and it was simple.
Wash then treat, 2 cold wash cycles later both coats are hanging up in the bathroom drying off.

Both coats treated had started to absorb water and were in need of reproofing, neither had been reproofed before.
One coat is a Berghaus AquaFoil jacket and the other a Penfield Gibson coat impregnated with a Hudson Wax treatment, so two fairly different types of waterproofing.

They are both restored to a much better water proof state. Water beads, runs and is not absorbed.

We'll see how long it lasts but at the moment I am very happy with the product.
It's great value and as I think the wash in reproofing is more effective if you clean the garment first it's really handy to get both as a twin pack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Nice and Dry., 18 July 2012
I was sick and tired of getting soaked when wearing my North face storm gortex jacket. Most of which has been caused my own foolishness....I failed to wash the jacket using the correct stuff.I though id completely ruined my gortex by washing it in normal soap powder a few times. Whilst on holiday last year i just purchased the TX spray on reproofer , from a well known high street outdoor clothing retailer. Followed the instucions and i was still getting wet, and frustrated.
I did a quick bit of googling and discovered the error that iv'e been making. So i found the Nikwax twin pack wash and wash in , for less then the TX direct that Millets sold for 12.99.
I washed my jacket plus the kids and it all worked first time . Now the rain is running of my jacket again...happy days...Theres still another two more washes left in the bottles, so i thoroughly recomend it.

‹ Previous | 1 2 339 | Next ›