4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly capable liner gloves
Firstly, a very speedy despatch/delivery, just what's needed when it's snowing out there...

I bought these to replace/supplement my aging Patagonia Capilene liners, used primarily for cycle commuting.
Published on 23 Jan 2010 by BahaNick

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad but not good enough for winter
Published on 8 Feb 2010 by R. Waite

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprisingly capable liner gloves, 23 Jan 2010
This review is from: Jasmine Silk Pure Silk Gloves Thermal Liner Glove Inner Ski Bike Cycle Gloves (Large) (Misc.)

Out of the packet they are true to size, and not as delicate as I was expecting (I have little experience of silk - possessing just a sleeping bag liner to protect my down bag, which is comparable to Pertex but warmer to the touch). They appear to be left and right specific - you hands will tell you which is which. Under windproof fleece or Goretex gloves they 'glide' well and do not in any way inhibit movement, gear changes or 'feel' of shifters/levers. After a good soaking they dry at room temperature ready for the ride home.

I would have given 5* stars had the stitching around the base of the thumb not started to fail after a week of daily use - repairable as it's not the fabric that's failing but long term durability remains an open question....

All things considered a quality buy at a good price, suitable for a range of cold weather activities but probably also useful in milder conditions for photography etc. due to the lack of restriction and 'feel' of buttons/controls.

3.0 out of 5 stars not bad but not good enough for winter, 8 Feb 2010
R. Waite "enemy" (England) - See all my reviews
I bought these to go under my alpinestars 365 goretex gloves as they weren't providing enough protection against the cold winter months. Although they did keep my hands a little warmer, they weren't good enough for winter. I've ended up going for hand guards and heated grips to prevent finger numbness from long journeys. If your gloves can keep your hands warm down to 5 degrees, these might extend that to 2 degrees. I was hoping for more but for the price I can't really feel too disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Warm hands at last., 10 Feb 2010
S. Merson - See all my reviews
These were a lot less expensive that the ones in a local outdoor clothing shop. They arrived within a very short time, and they make a big difference in keeping my hands warm when out walking in this chilly weather. Wish I'd bought them ages ago.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great inner glove.But...., 5 Feb 2013
J Sullivan "Glass Book" (London) - See all my reviews
Great inner glove but if used for cycling as an under glove then id buy two of these just incase you have to stop along the route to fix a puncture etc, as these inner gloves dont wick away the moisture build up so well so your hands will get cold after youve moved off again even in conjunction with a warm over glove.But they get warm reasonably quickly and plenty of movement with the fabric that allows good circulation in your hands.Buy two pairs so wear one but take the other just incase one gets a little too damp when stationary then put the other one on when starting off again.The glove is very compact but very warm .For top results though use it with either ( for more comfort a fleece over glove or a softshell glove they have the best results over a long ride id say are the thing to go for..not as flexible a feel as fleece but does cut down on the strong wind getting through to your brake lever finger and thumb.
Be careful also if your using an over glove with velcro on wrist locks as the hook and loops if in contact with the silk glove will tear it up.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must have, brilliant item!, 27 Jun 2013
Yes this is a must have item, if, like me you have been looking for some sort of protection. These glove liners are brilliant, they protect your hands from almost everything, I've used them under my rubber gloves when doing the dishes, cleaning etc, and under my leather gloves and also under my wool gloves during the very very long winter of 2012 to April 2013. I cannot recommend them enough. Simply put, buy them now without hesitation, they really work (I want to also add that I have had eczema on my hands for the last 25 years, and in the last 5 months, there has been a significant improvement, I mean 90% improvement along with the daily use of shea butter to my hands, which I feel these liners have contributed too).

4.0 out of 5 stars Fits like..., 12 Dec 2012
I bought these gloves in desperation really - as an early morning cyclist I've been getting terrible freezing fingers, and despite thick winter gloves (sometimes two pairs!) I can't seem to solve the problem. I wore these under some thick walking gloves, and they initially seemed to do the trick, however the cold soon made it through. To be honest though, in -4 conditions I'm probably expecting an awful lot; in less extreme temperatures I think they'll be perfect - they're certainly very comfortable, and fit discreetly under other gloves.

5.0 out of 5 stars glove of love..., 19 April 2012
silky, smooth, cosy and warm. you could be conventional and use these under main gloves to keep your mitts warm when outdoors (which they do). OR you could saunter round the house, stroking surfaces or your visage or use them in a photo shoot. my husband does the former.

4.0 out of 5 stars just the job, 19 Feb 2012
jon (hampshire) - See all my reviews
Good quality silk inner gloves to help keep the hands warm in winter biking. Delicate, so they need to be kept off velcro which will tear at the their fabric, but effective and comfortable.

4.0 out of 5 stars more than good quality for this money, 11 Dec 2011
fits ok - feels nice - seems like good quality for the price (under 10 Euro).
I have only woren them as normal gloves and i intend to use them as inner gloves on the mountain

5.0 out of 5 stars Silk inner gloves, 6 Jun 2011
I use them for motorcycling. Not hard wearing, thin, comfortable, wick moisture away well, help keep you warm in winter (although you'll still need heated grips)and allow you to get your leather gloves off and on in summer. Treat them with respect and a pair will last you months, but they are designed to be thin, and give good feel, treat them roughly and they'll last you only a few days. I love them and think that they are well priced and well made. Excellent...