5.0 out of 5 stars The definitive handheld recorder and 4-track
Before I owned one of these I spent two long days using one to record sound for a short film. When I was playing back the first scene I had just recorded I panicked because I thought that the actors were re-doing the scene and that I'd missed my cue... it wasn't until I looked at their mouths that I realised it was simply the stunning quality of the recording...
Published on 22 April 2011 by Philip Quinton

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable recording
Published 14 months ago by David Kirby

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant recorder, 20 Aug 2013
G. fleming - See all my reviews
This review is from: Zoom H4n with Bonus 16GB SD Card and Mini Tripod (Electronics)
Tons of features, incredibly detailed and accurate sound plus intuitive menu system.

I bought this as I really wanted to improve the sound quality on my video projects. Was previously using the Rode Videomic Pro which is decent but, with it being attached to the camera, the sound could be less than ideal.
I've so far used it to record small corporate videos and a wedding in addition to the Rode. Really pleased with the results and having the sound recorded independently really saved my skin when a camera battery developed a fault during the wedding speeches.

Brilliant product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great field recorder,,,,, 15 Aug 2013
Zoom make good stuff period. This 4 track recorder is no exception. Once you've managed to get your head around the operating system there's no going back. Versitile recorder with tons of added extra's. Highly recomended for musicians, if your not a musician go for the H2n which doesn't have the dedicated instrument effects this has and is only 2 track.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff, 21 Jun 2013
Great Service & Extras

H4N - 16GB SD Card with a Mini Tripod , Great Quality/Price, makes all worth while

Best Buy

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 17 May 2013
Does exactly what it says. Sound quality is great, easy to use the menu and transfer recorded files to the pc.

4.0 out of 5 stars The best product for our door verble recording, 2 Nov 2011
THis product has given me more than what i bargained for. i last used it in a lecture in a distance of up to four feet far from subject a famous film producer.
it was great simply the best i know of.

4.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 31 Oct 2011
Frode Alexander Hegland (London, UK.) - See all my reviews
Only thing I would improve would be the ability to change the names of the folders (from my Mac would be fine, it wouldn't have to be from the device) and that's it really.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says!, 22 Sep 2011
Mr. Rm Gearing "rayzor99" (Australia) - See all my reviews
Great unit, does what it says. Robust build and good size but still handheld and not too bulky like some of the others. Easy to use, intuitive but above all, the recording quality is excellent...highly recommend. Great value.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent portable recording, 2 May 2013
I bought this mainly to record live music bands, particularly my own band, and it certainly is capable of doing that. It's very portable and relatively easy to use, although the menus are a little bit clunky I suppose. The quality of the recording using the external mics is reasonably good, and the recording level function is invaluable. It's also easy to download onto your PC afterwards. I have tended to need to use a wav file editor afterwards to get the sound I like. It's a little bit heavy on the batteries but you do have the option of plugging it into the mains. For many years I missed the good old method of recording onto cassette tape but this is a much more modern and portable way of recording.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 22 Oct 2012
This product was purchased as a last minute addition to gear being assembled for a very strenuos european project. Not only did it capture ambient sound beautifully with the on board mics, it was able to capture pristine sound from a shotgun mic via it's XLR input. The only reason i would not give it five stars is due to the fact that the clip fastening the battery compartment cover was not as robust as i would have liked. I would recommend this product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Handy to have at your side, 18 Nov 2011
Miles (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I'm no audiofile, but this is a great little device. I use it for gathering audio when I'm filming - good sound raises the quality of any video. It has a built in microphone and takes inputs.

So useful with the in built microphone and really great because of it's ability to take a number of different input devices; whether from a boom mic or off a sound desk. Allows you to record separate files from the two inputs at the bottom, each with their own level control.

Only downside, I can't seem to work out how to (or if it is possible to) record from the built-in mic at the same time as the inputs.

‹ Previous | 14 5 6 | Next ›