4.0 out of 5 stars For the layman or woman
Published on 30 Jun 2011 by Amazon Addict

3.0 out of 5 stars L100: a slight dissapointment..
Published on 30 April 2009 by Mr. Marty Man Yen Lau

3.0 out of 5 stars L100: a slight dissapointment.., 30 April 2009
This review is from: Nikon Coolpix L100 Digital Camera (10MP, 15x Optical Zoom) 3.0 inch LCD (Electronics)
Given I am a nikkon fan, I feel fairly let down by this recent purchase. For one there is a major lack in any sort of manual modes, which is understandable as it is part of the "life" range of cameras, hence minimal functions are needed. However, in dim light the auto ISO makes images extremely noisy.. where a manual ISO adjustment would easilly fix the problem. The zoom is fairly good and gives a image quality of about 2 megapixel when pushed to the max. Powered by 4 AA batteries, be warned you CANNOT use rechargeble batteries on this thing, which is good for people going abroad. I have been able to get reallly nice shots when there is plenty of light and there are many types of modes the camera provides, I particularly like the panoramic mode as it produces fantastic joined photos. Overall there are many better cameras out there for this price and buy only if you're a die hard nikon fan, and the combination of limited but very simple functions and international userbility.

3.0 out of 5 stars Rechargeable batteries CAN be used, 4 Feb 2010
Raphael Prag "Raphael Prag" (Jordan Valley ISRAEL) - See all my reviews
I have owned this camera for six months now,and it runs solely on rechargeables.I use 3000 mAh ni-mh batteries and they work wonderfully.
One has to determine battery type in the camera menu.There are three options there: Lithium,Alkaline and ni-mh .
Just set it to the rechargeable ni-mh batteries and Bobs your uncle.

4.0 out of 5 stars For the layman or woman, 30 Jun 2011
Amazon Addict (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
I have owned SLR cameras and was kind of hoping that something would eventually be invented that would save me all the fiddling and twiddling. This camera is as close to that as I've seen. I'm not going to be selling my pictures or enlarging them greatly and just wanted something that helped me to take a good photo especially as with getting older I'm a tad more shaky than I used to be.
If you're considering purchasing any camera it's good to see if there is a display on you tube where you can actually see it in action to help you make your choice.

I have found that it can be fun doing some fiddling about though with the food photo option on other shots where you can adjust the colour and the sports option when shooting waterfalls etc, so you can have some fun with it but for ease of use it does the job for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Camera, but far from an SLR, 16 May 2010
Far from an SLR, as you can see from its official specs.
Don't expect super-performance in low light.
And HI-ISO is not really good at all: much better to go full-quality and take still pictures.

It delivers very good quality for the price and the class, but less of what an expert would like.

If you like to take good pictures once in a while, is a good and affordable choice.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great camera, 29 Sep 2010
J. Clark - See all my reviews
We use this camera a lot on site as we tend to email photographic evidence from the site to the main office. It saves someone having to come and actually inspect. Would definitely recommend for ease of use and quality of picture.