4.0 out of 5 stars Basic rack for a decent price

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be improved
Published on 23 Aug 2009 by R. L. Tuck

4.0 out of 5 stars Basic rack for a decent price, 24 May 2009
J. Roberts (UK) - See all my reviews
Instructions showed how to assemble rack but not to fit, picture on the back of the box showed parts that were not included in the kit (2 circle clips for attaching to the frame), but being a relatively simple item i managed to fit it with a small modification to the seat post bolt. Also fitted same kit to a different bike using clips I already owned with success. Tried my Pannier bags on today and the narrowness of the lower part of the rack means that they can rub against the rear wheel, possibly would be more suitable to smaller pannier bags than the Raleigh triple pannier I own. The rack is solid with no rattling and the spring clip is strong enough to hold items securely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 5 Jun 2011
I've had this rack on my bike for a few months now, and the connections are so solid that it's like the rack is an integral part of the bike's frame. No wobbling, moving around; it's perfectly dependable, and I'm really thrilled with it. My bike is even a double suspension that you're actually "not supposed to" attach a rack like this to -- I've had no problems at all, although I guess not all bikes will be the same, so be cautious as the makers advise, but bear in mind that I went ahead anyway and discovered how to make it work perfectly.

I use double panniers on it and bring home a week's worth of heavy grocery shopping using that arrangement. The rack has never failed, come loose, moved around, nothing, no problems at all -- like I say, it's so firmly securable that it becomes almost part of the bike structure. I held off writing a review when I first installed it, because I wanted to see how it stood up to several pounds of shopping over the course of weeks. It's passed with flying colours. Being reminded of the price again here today, I can't believe how cheap it is for such a good product that does its job with such strength and solidity. A really elegant and functional product -- I highly recommend this rack because I've been impressed to bits with it. No, I'm not a planted reviewer, just a really satisfied customer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Easy and value for money!, 12 Nov 2009
M. Dirks "Maarten" (London, UK) - See all my reviews
Really, it wasn't hard to mount on the bike. It take standard size screws and has the option to adjust height and distance from central frame. Why some of the other reviewers drilled new holes and such,...I don't know... No issues, good product, good value for money! (and there are English instructions as well...)

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple, adaptable, strong and cheap, 27 Mar 2011
Peter Scott "peter46077" (Norfolk) - See all my reviews
There are no written instructions, but they are not needed as the diagram is clear and it's pretty obvious how it goes together. I had lugs on my bike but there is a wide range of other fittings to allow it to be attached to wheel axles, brake screws or seat stays. Very size-adjustable so should fit almost any adult bike. The V-shaped parts have to be pushed quite hard to get them onto the lugs on the flat part. All the struts are of good size and strong. There is a mounting bracket for a rear light and a spring clip, though these clips are not usually very useful. Excellent piece of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Pannier Rack, 28 Oct 2010
Brian - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This is a bit awkward to fit , because there are no instructions , but persevere , and once it's on , it looks good , and is light , yet strong. It gives me the impression that it will last forver - my bike lives outside , and the rack has not gone rusty at all - seems to be made from quality materials. Another good bargain from Amazon.Ventura has excelled itself here.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fairly easy to assemble, 28 April 2009
F. Kerrigan (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This is the first rack I've ever fitted on a bike and it was fairly easy. The instructions where fairly basic and they ripped getting the carboard off the back of the pack to release the rack for fitting. My bike has predrilled screw holes for a rack which made fitting fairly easy and the whole proccess took about 20mins. Some of the screws where a bit fiddily and you need an various allen keys and spanners of different sizes (which are not supplied). The bolts have nylon to stop them slipping which is good feature. The rack itself seems really solid and I'm well pleased with the result. The spring latch is great for holding a light waterproof or a jumper. It also comes with a pumpholder but I'm not sure what size of pump it would take. All in all it's a good rack for the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great item for a great price, 25 Nov 2011
I did read the reviews before purchasing this item and yes I'll agree the directions on how to put it together are not the easiest to understand but they where in English (as well as German).
Putting it together wasn't that hard, even if you didn't have instructions, so I think over all its a great item for a great price...
...very happy :)

4.0 out of 5 stars A tail of panniers & spanners, 21 May 2012
Simon Faure (Norwich England) - See all my reviews
I purchased this item after my wife bought me some Rayleigh Triple panniers for my birthday. However my hybrid cycle did not have a fitted pannier rack. I purchased as I thought it looked good value and was German built. It arrived promptly and was as described, I did find some limited instructions in English on the packaging but as it arrives pretty much ready to go and mainly obvious on fitting method no problem to fit except either they assume you have the relevant screws to fit it to the bike frame or that they should have already been on my Bike, alas both incorrect. The Trip to a local bike shop and all sorted. Good first run out today and no apparant issues very adjustable given the price very good value for money. I would have like a pre fitted rear reflector as again this means a further purchase from my local bike shop.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap, easy to put on & looks good, 5 Nov 2010
Got this a few weeks ago, it was easy to put together and put on the bike. Looks good and holds my bag safely

3.0 out of 5 stars OK but could be improved, 23 Aug 2009
R. L. Tuck (Berkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
First off, it comes in a box with instructions on the back. Unfortunately they're in german. Happily there is a diagram which is good enough to follow. The slots in the V struts didn't quite fit the tabs in the top frame, but I managed to solve that by filing them down a tad. It seems to come with a fairly random assortment of bolts - I have some left over, but it was missing 2 bolts which connect the top arms to the bike frame braze-ons on the rear forks. A trip to my local bike shop sorted that out. Otherwise it's pretty good and seems sturdy enough - I've just been on a trip from Reading to Bristol with no probs.

Ventura Screw On ll A Aluminium Carrier