on 14 April 2014
Gave a new life to my 2008 iMac. Strongly recommended. very easy to install, and worth the expense. I used it to upgrade the iMac from 2+2GB to 2+4GB
on 23 February 2013
Used this to upgrade my iMAC to 6GB RAM. Very easy to fit and a noticeable improvement in speed in all applications.
on 21 September 2014
With this I was able to upgrade my early 2008 2.8Ghz Core 2 Duo iMac to 6Gb of RAM. Mavericks OS now works (slow with 4Gb RAM). I have used Crucial for years for RAM upgrades and would recommend them.
on 2 January 2015
I "upgraded" my early 2008 iMac from OS X Mountain Lion to OS X Mavericks with the unfortunate result that it ran significantly slower after the upgrade. Looking at system resource utilisation, it was clear that most of my 4GB RAM was being used up by the new operating system. After some research I found that it is, in fact, possible to upgrade the RAM my iMac to 6GB (even though Apple states that the maximum RAM that can be installed is 4GB), So, I bought this to replace one of my 2GB SODIMMs and it worked a treat - I now have 6GB RAM and the performance of my iMac has improved (although it is still not as snappy as it was).
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 12 May 2016
Has breathed new life into my rather aging laptop that has been around the block a few times. Quick and easy to fit, identified immediately and boy oh boy what a difference in performance. It has also helped to keep my laptop running a lot cooler, because it is no longer struggling with multi tasking. So overall very impressed. Was going to give 4* because I thought it was a bit overpriced but having seen it in action I have to give it 5* regardless.
on 29 April 2015
Brought new life to our iMac 2009 model and it's now sitting at 6GB using Snow Leopard 10.6.8. The computer is fast.... as it should be! Very grateful for this memory upgrade. Worth the purchase for those with 2GB or 4GB.
on 18 March 2016
Quick delivery and works perfect - would have given it 5 out 5 if the price was around £40-45 mark (current price of £80.82 for a 4GB ram stick in 2016 is too expensive). Would buy another one if the price was reduced!
on 10 August 2014
Very easy to install in an three year old iMac. I feel the main advantage has been to retain very good operability whilst software and the operating system have gradually become more complex requiring more power.
on 5 September 2013
Works perfect in my macbook white mid 2009! I upgraded from the standard 2GB to the maximum allowed 6 GB of RAM so I also bought the 2GB, 200-pin SODIMM, DDR2 PC2-6400 Memory Module here on Amazon. A no-brainer!
on 2 December 2013
Ideal, if it was the correct unit.
Wrong info printed on laptop box
so unfortunately had to be returned, should have looked inside first