5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy to play. Great fun for the whole family
Published on 26 Sep 2009 by Bernard S

1.0 out of 5 stars Check before you order
Monopoly Deal itself is a fantastic game I can assure you but Monopoly MILLIONAIRE Deal is quite awful. I was sent the latter and not offered a replacement. Do email directly the company you are purchasing from to check you will be getting the right game.
Published 20 months ago by araims

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick and easy to play. Great fun for the whole family, 26 Sep 2009
Bernard S (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
My family loves this game (we are two adults and 9 year old boy-girl twins). The game is easy to pick up. All the familiar elements are there from the Monopoly board game but the game is much quicker. Generally a complete game takes 10-15 minutes. It has great twists like the board game. One minute you're losing by a mile and next minute you're in the lead. All-in-all highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just buy it, 7 Mar 2013
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
During 6th form I used to play Monopoly with my friends in free periods all the time, because preparing for exams is dull. We loved it. We loved it because we didn't care too much for the standard rules. We played that you could build a house the minute you got a property. You didn't have to get the set. That's boring, it takes too long. We would form alliances to dominate the board. And we would cheat. We would steal money from the bank when no one was looking. It meant if you were losing you could steal a couple of grand and potentially pull yourself around. Great fun. We played this all through lower 6th.

Then the year of the upper 6th came round. We settled back into school and lessons were assigned. But more importantly, free periods were assigned. Monopoly time was assigned. When my first free period came round I eagerly ran for the years first game of Monopoly. Upon arrival at the refectory (we didn't have a common room) a friend revealed that during summer he had discovered Monopoly Deal. Monopoly Deal is a cards version of Monopoly. It takes about 30 seconds to set up and less than 15 minutes to finish a game. With a quick sample game you will understand how to play it forever. When we first played MD, we didn't realise what it was. We didn't realise what MD would make us become. One by one, we were consumed. We didn't just want to play MD, we needed MD. Within weeks supply lines of MD had been set up. Most people had a deck and those who didn't soon would. We were doing MD on the bus to and from school. MD at the start of a lesson if the teacher was late. People stopped playing football during lunch; they were inside getting a bit of that sweet MD. We were skiving lessons for MD. When we were assigned to corridor duty, we did MD. We were out of control. People were double decking. We were doing MD sessions that would last all day. It was getting dangerous. MD had become our lives.

But then quicker than it began, it was over. We had finished school. We were forced to rehabilitate cold turkey. Oh, the withdrawal symptoms. They hit, and they hit hard. I couldn't eat. I couldn't sleep. All I could do was think about MD. It took weeks before I was back to normal.

I still do MD occasionally. It's in a controlled environment now. No more than two games in a row. We can't let things become what they once were.

TL;DR. Buy Monopoly Deal. It's better than crack.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent twist on an old classic, 26 July 2009
R. Heap "Rob Heap" (Leeds, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
The original Monopoly is an excellent game, but it can take a while to complete a game.

Monopoly Deal however has alot of the same features but is very different and much quicker to play. The emphasis is on collecting sets of properties, and not collecting as much money as possible. Properties not money are power in this game.

We really enjoyed this game, the action cards are well thought out and the other game rules really keep the game rolling at a good pace.

5.0 out of 5 stars Better than the board game, 12 Feb 2010
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
I got this to take away on short breaks (mostly because of the numerous 5star reviews on amazon)This is a superb variation on the Classic monopoly game. Very easy to pick up and incredibly addictive. All you need is a table big enough to lay out your property card / money cards etc. To be honest, I think I can safely say that i won't be playing the board game again.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best game ever?, 29 Oct 2009
C. Janes - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
Yes. I think it's the best game ever.

Everyone I introduce it to thinks its brilliant.

The 1st 1 or 2 games it seems very confusing but please persavere as after this it becomes simple and addictive. It works ok with 2 people but is best played with 3 or more.

If Hasbros marketing team got their finger out this would become bigger than the original Monopoly.

4.0 out of 5 stars A clever, simple game, 26 Aug 2010
L. Hennessy (Twickenham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
thgis game is like the traditional card game 'Happy Families' in that you have to collect sets of cards. Cleverly, they've given it a Monopoly theme, and made them the property sets - there are also 'action' cards that let you charge rent on the cards that you've collected as well as other things, and money cards, too.

It's easy to pick up and learn to play - we did so in a matter of 5 minutes - and each game very rarely takes longer than 10 minutes to play.

Once a player has collected 3 sets, they're the winner. Simple!

The action cards have some explanatory text on them which demands some reading skills from the younger players, but they also have some very clear symbols on them which makes them easy to remember.

Thank goodness for quick, uncomplicated games; sometimes the last thing you want is a marathon, full of legalese and jargon.

The instructions are a bit brief but have good pictures on them, and although ot every instance is accounted for, there's enough leeway to make your own interpretations of the rules if you need to.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars The most addictive card game ever!, 16 April 2009
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
This is an amazing game and totally addictive! It's really quick and easy to pick-up and ultimately great fun; build up your property portfolio (get 3 sets and you win the game) but watch out for the Deal Breaker card where your opponent can steal a complete set...just hope you have a 'Just say No' card to stop them! Charging for rent on your properties, receiving money for your birthday, or playing a debt collector allow you to build up your bank which helps against your opponent stealing properties from you - this game has strategy, a bit of luck and really satisfying moments that make sure you want to play "just one more game" every time.

5.0 out of 5 stars Addictive, 4 Aug 2013
M. Sattar - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
This simple and fun game is highly addictive! I love Monopoly but I find it takes too long. Monopoly deals is a great way to enjoy monopoly in a slightly different and faster paced game. Love this game!

4.0 out of 5 stars Great game, 19 Sep 2010
Bill (Cambridge, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
We were introduced to this game by our niece (25 ish) and now play with our son (18) and we are all a bit addicted. Its a great short game. Its easy to pick up the rules although theres always this feeling that there must be a really clever way of playing that will win every time and you just can't put your finger on it. In reality its probably much more of a game of chance than it seems to be - perhaps thats what makes a good game.

4.0 out of 5 stars Addictive., 18 Sep 2010
This review is from: Monopoly Deal Card Game (Toy)
Came across Monopoly Deal at a party, and liked it so much I picked up a set too. Pretty addictive and certainly a bit easier to keep going than the physical board game. Though the rules seem complicated to new comers it really does all make sense if you just play.

ARRAY(0xb0835dec)