Format: MP3 DownloadChange

on 17 January 2006
The first time I heard of Peaches was when my mate took me to see her live in Manchester. Since then I have also seen her at Leeds festival. I think she is amazing, and I had to buy her 2 albums. They may be offensive to some people, but if you listen to the music and read into it, you will see that she is only expressing the feelings we all have somewhere. Fantastic buy!
on 28 March 2006
I already had Peaches' first album ('Teaches of Peaches') and was exited to get hold of Fatherfucker - however on the first couple of listens I was a little disappointed. BUT STOP!!! Don't let this album go in the pile marked 'Thanks but no thanks'.
Fatherfucker is a considerable improvement on her previous effort. It is more varied, exciting and interesting while still retaining her lo-fi style.
The musical standard is higher and there are some brilliant stand out tracks. Skip straight to 'The Inch', a stunning New Order-esque electro ode to... well just look at the title! 'Kick It' (featuring Iggy Pop) may be Peaches most poppy moment to date, (I'm forgetting that track with Pink) but is a raw slice of filthy rock that you'll soon find yourself singing along with.
Overall, Peaches has scored some serious credibility here, a big f*** you to all those who wrote her off as a crude novelty act. Yes, Peaches does seem to appeal more to the fairer sex, but boys - give it a try, you might just find yourself shaking your dix.
on 28 September 2003
This album reads like a manifesto; albeit an uncompromising, unapologetic, stridant manifesto. Peaches is throwing her arms back, being herself, and declaring herself a woman. She is a woman who can be aggressive, sexual and controversial, but always proud. The beats and chords drive you with a deliciously heavy-hand, through song after song. Perhaps she only has one message, but its a message that needs to be broadcast. Although it is difficult to tell (on a recorded album) the strength of any singers voice, Peaches' musicianship certainly supports her voice and its message perfectly. Her singing swings from brimming with rage, to becoming teasingly nonchalant. She rocks!
on 20 November 2015
it is ok but a lot of bad language