on 14 June 2013
Fibromyalgia makes it very difficult for me to peel vegetables such as carrots, potatoes, etc.. This item looked like it would help with that a great deal as it doesn't require any gripping strength or finger curving. Where it fell down was right out of the wrapper: The finger guide is way too small. Many of us who could really use items like this have very painfully swollen joints. It hurt to even try to squeeze my finger into this. For someone with tiny fingers it may be ok, but not for us with things like RA, Lupus, etc...
on 10 December 2012
I love Chef'n products but this one really let me down. Not only it is sized up against a childs hand, I could hardly get my finger into the peeler. Subsequently I have cut the top of my fingers off because of the impracticability for my big hands.
on 29 June 2010
I brought this as i had already brought the palm brush,both i have found indispensible while my arm has been in a cast.
I would say anybody with limited wrist function should give these ago.Excellent product and good quality.
on 20 April 2014
Great week peeler. Fits onto finger brilliantly with its adjustable finger hole. Was told by an occupational therapist that you stroke the vegetables as if it were a cat or dog and the skin just falls off the veg. Great for all potatoes parsnip sweet potato carrots.... Also brilliant for cucumber slivers.... Fab.
on 8 May 2012
Arrived in good time and for a low priced item it seems very well made. However, other reviewers have mentioned that the finger slot is small, which it is. It is split so it can expand to fit different sizes of finger but my partner found it would only fit his smallest fingers and this wasn't practical to use - he stated it would have been ok had he been able to use on the middle finger but the finger holder is way too small for a large hand. Shame really as otherwise it's a great idea.
on 23 October 2014
The folks that invented this should be millionaires on Dragons Den. So impressed I bought ones for my daughters and mother. Quicker, cleaner and safer than conventional peelers. Both left and right hand compatible - genius. Peeling carrots or tatties is just like stroking a cat and the veggie comes out very smooth and round with less waste than standard peelers. Goodness me, for less than a fiver it's a great wee gadget. I'd imagine if you had mobility issues then this is ideal - needs no wrist strength to peel veggies.
on 23 March 2010
I am really pleased that I found this peeler, I am suffering from tennis elbow, the holding twisting and pulling needed to use a normal peeler really hurts, my family was fed up with pasta!!, now using this I can peel potatoes again!!! Great product. I did read that the finger hole was too small but as it is split, I don't understand that criticism. If you have sore fingers trouble holding things then give it a try.
on 9 December 2015
From reading the mixed reviews, I was hesitant to buy this but went ahead anyway as I thought it was a good idea, hopefully the following advantages and disadvantages will help you to make the right decision:

+ Good price
+ Well thought out little gadget - super easy to wash
+ Great for peeling vegetable (carrots especially) - tip: with the peeler in your hand, imagine the carrot is a cat / dog and perform the stroking motion

- The size of the hole doesn't stretch that much - I have quite thin fingers for a guy and find it a bit of a squeeze so not sure it would fit the average guy's finger size (this is its major flaw)

Overall, I would recommend this item, but only if your middle (or whichever finger you;ll use) is quite thin, because it's a neat design and, in a weird way, it does make peeling more enjoyable.
on 13 September 2013
I have already reviewed the palm held serrated peeler and the brush and this straight edge peeler is just as good as those. The serrated blades are great for peeling soft veg and fruit. I use it for cucumber, apples and tomatoes sometimes. The straight edge blade on this peeler is great for carrots, potatoes, swede and other harder veg. Again, it is very sharp and works very well once you have got used to the different technique. As with the other peeler it comes with a blade protector. They look really smart too. I leave mine out on the shelf over the kitchen sink rather than chuck them in the kitchen drawer. The two peelers also have a little bit sticking out that removes potato eyes and blemishes. They have thought of everything.
on 18 April 2014
Great peeler especially if you have arthritis or any hand impairment .can use for potatoes ,carrots and any other root vegetables.

See one answered question