Price:£7.22+ £2.49 shipping

on 3 February 2015
I realised we had a problem two days after collecting my two cats from a local cattery. I regularly go over them with a fine cat flea comb (3/4 times per week) and then using an old toothbrush to deposit any fleas wedged in the comb into a shallow dish of warm water with a touch of washing up liquid. I keep an eye on the flea status so I can tackle it early before it becomes a major problem. One of my two cats reacted badly once to flea drops (major health scare) and I nearly lost him. So, I had to go as 'natural' as possible. Together with a few other things, I decided on one of these flea traps as a monitor of any further problems in the house. For this, it is excellent. For the first 24 hours...nothing. Then, on the second day I found 7 stuck to the pad. I left it two more nights in the same position... but no new arrivals. I then decided to move it along the skirting about 3 meters. I then found another several stuck fast. Then, after several nights with no more additions, I decided to push the sofa across the room and placed the lamp there......another dozen or so the next morning! I decided to treat the whole house with a supporting product. Finally, I found nothing new on the pad. I had captured a total of 43 fleas using this lamp. So, using a flea comb every other day on my cats and this lamp is like an early warning system to act early and stop an infestation in its tracks
It loses one star because you are forced (in my experience) to buy the bulbs from them. I can't get 7 watt bayonet bulbs anywhere around my area. With reference the longevity of the sticky pads....I find they remained sticky for several months.....longer than 8 weeks as suggested by manufacturer. Obviously how badly your infected will dictate the time to change one. Finally, I don't think one of these is enough if your problem is bad..it will help but you will need to maybe initially, come at it using another supporting treatment to gain control again. It states that it covers approx' 10 meters. I think that is a little too generous and would suggest nearer 6 meters, in my experience. I found it most successful along skirting and where your usual furniture sits. Good excuse to Hoover under the sofa and find some loose change!
0Comment42 of 43 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 August 2009
Fantastic product if you have children and don't want to have to use toxic sprays all over the house. The other benefit is that you can monitor how many of the little blighters you are catching whereas with the sprays you have to assume that it has worked.

Wasn't sure it was working at first but left it on over night in the lounge and caught 7. Moved it upstairs and straight away caught a few more. Excellent product for peace of mind and a peaceful nights sleep.
22 comments274 of 288 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 1 October 2009
I have tried for years, without success I might add, to control the flea population in our house due to our two cats. This works and works well!
0Comment66 of 70 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 23 September 2015
It really, really, really does work. We don't have any pets but became infested following an outbreak at our next door neighbors. The problem is that we are carpeted throughout and according to a pest control company I spoke to, unless we rip out all the carpeting, we have fleas for life. Although we must have by now spent hundreds of pounds and polluted the ozone for generations the little buggers still won't vacate the premises. However since buying the flea trap the population seems to have taken a nose dive and the numbers being caught are becoming less. The trap also doubles up as a new source of amusement for the kids who seem to get endless pleasure in counting the daily slaughter of our little squatters.
on 28 November 2013
Brought this to see if it would help kill off any fleas that where possibly still in the house, as I had vacuumed, sprayed etc but yet still getting bitten by fleas.
Once I plugged it in after a few days did not see any thing on the disk, but over time seen several and received no more bites.
I'm glad I brought this product because when you think you have de-flea your house there are still some left over and you don't realize.
on 22 July 2011
A shallow tray/plate/dish containing a solution of water and liquid soap (eg washing-up liquid) and a suitably positioned torch/desk lamp, left overnight, will do a good job of catching fleas. The soap solution means that the fleas instantly sink (and drown) rather than float.

I know this system works very well...'cos I've got two cats !!!
33 comments109 of 122 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2009
The flea killer works a treat saves messing about with chemicals.
A first class service by the seller.
I will buy from this seller again
on 13 July 2014
Absolutely brilliant, I was sceptical about this item working but so glad I took the risk. It took until the evening before it started to catch anything but once it was dark the light and warmth attracted loads. Must have caught 50+ in an hour! Something quite satisfying about seeing all the fleas stuck to the disk!! Just ordered another to put in another room.
Was also plesently surprised for the bargain price ( much cheaper than other flea treatments!) It included 3 disks to change.
on 2 August 2008
ordered these on thursday and recieved saturday morning impressed with quick delivery from both companies that ordered from . set up trap easily and caught three within 5 mins. excellent product.
0Comment39 of 44 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 3 July 2014
bought two of these and placed them in different rooms. After weeks of waiting, no fleas were caught. Had better luck with flea spray.