on 25 November 2010
I got this as an additional set for the gigaset line that uses free calls over the internet. Now my family and I can now talk for free accross the world. This is one I bought for them and it is great. Sometimes there are many on and the connection is not so good but othertimes it is crystal clear. Remember to update your software regularly, this helps. Need computer or laptop to get yourself started and you can link with other voip accounts, not skype but there are plenty of theres that give good service and cheaper costs. You can also use it as your home line. So 3 types in 1 phone. Once familiar with system, is easy to use and free calls to family accross the world, how can you go wrong with that!!!!!
on 21 April 2012
As one of my original handsets suddenly decided to cease working, I ordered a new handset. It arrive early and was exactly what I wanted. Everything back to normal. Great service.
on 29 December 2011
I've bought the tripple pack of this phone model. Maybe unlucky but find the volume really low and hard to hear compared to the other cordless phones I've had.
on 3 March 2011
Wanted the quad siemans 585 gigaset. Bought the trio from Currys ( £54-00 ) as they had no quads in stock. They had not got an extra phone either. So bought the spare phone off Amazon ( £21-00 ). Total £75-00. ( Bargain ) The product has an excellent batterie life of 8 days on standby, and holds 150 No.s in its memory. Very clear sound on the ans. machine and on the phone. An excellent product and is recommended.
VINE VOICEon 27 April 2011
I brought a couple of these as additional handsets for my existing system. Unfortunately I had previously checked with Siemens who'd told me I could run 5 handsets per base. This is wrong, you can only run 4 so I guess I have a 'just in case' spare.
The Gigaset system is very good overall but there is an annoying habit for the handsets to all start ringing at different times on the incoming call. This means that you answer the call and still get a cacophony of noise from the others which are still ringing.
Over all though a very good addition to the system.
on 26 March 2012
I bought a Gigaset base unit in Spain but then found that the extension handsets were not available here. After waiting for weeks for them to arrive I took a risk and bought one of these from Amazon UK to see if it would work with the Spanish phone system. No problem at all. It logged into the base station quickly and easily and works all over the house and down almost to the bottom of the garden. I have now bought a second unit and again found no difficulty.

The delivery to Spain was surprisingly fast and reasonably priced. Colour me impressed.
on 16 April 2012
I purchased two sets of these additional handsets to link to my C470 IP base.The C47 handset was too expensive so I went for these after reading the compatibility list. These handsets are fully compatible with my base, both on VoIP lines and on the fixed line. I also have linked a C45 handset. After all I have four handsets registered on one base which I use in a two floor house. So I can make internal calls. I have four different VoIP numbers each assigned to a handset. The whole set functions perfectly.
on 1 May 2010
I bought this to add to the three handsets I already had, since they worked well enough. I wasn't able to place the new handset exactly where I wanted to because of a wonky signal, but the house is very big, so that wasn't unexpected.

A warning to anyone buying the full set (with answering machine) - the sound quality of the personal message I recorded (and I tried many times) is comprehensively awful, and if anyone else hasn't had this problem I'd like to hear from them.
on 25 September 2011
I already have an earlier model of this 'phone and bought another to connect to my Fritz Box 7270. This is an excellent product and does everything I want. VOIP works perfectly. My only complaint is that it is bigger all round than its predecessor and is all black instead of silver and black - doesn't look or feel quite the same. Technically it is great and I would buy another - and it uses AAA rechargeable batteries.
on 11 May 2011
Received it 2-3 weeks ago. So far, so good. Hooked up with the Gigaset Base station without issue. Delivery was fast (arrived before the Base Set, which was sent by Amazon direct) and packaging was also good. So, thumbs up to the seller.

Settings are pretty easy with the additional handset so really once it works, it works!