on 20 February 2014
This blender is fantastic. The steel shaft is good for blending food while it is still hot, the length enables you to blend large quantities at once for example soups. Highly recommended!
on 5 October 2015
Wow! Pure power. Love it! Minimum speed on this is equivalent to maximum with a standard bamix. Love it!
on 22 June 2015
I have been using a Braun 400 for about 20 years and have been happy with it, making huge cauldrons of soup every week or so, which we have for lunch every day.
About 15 years ago, I ate at a Gordon Ramsay restaurant and had a veloute, which I can still remember and have wanted to emulate ever since.
I could not bring myself to spend as much as a Bamix costs and decided to buy a Kenwood with a 600 motor but it is nowhere near as good as
my Braun and it has sat in the drawer ever since.
So, for 15 years, I have made my soups with my trusty old Braun, dreaming of a Bamix every time.
No idea what came over me but last month, I decided to stop thinking about it and blow the money, buying the machine-of-my-dreams - getting the biggest and best of the range once I was at it.
I was shocked to find that it did not liquidise as well as the Braun - I tried various different vegetables with disappointing results - and I am
grateful to Amazon (but sorry for the suppliers) that they accept returns just because one does not like something, rather than because they are faulty.
The veloute I had at Gordon Ramsay's was chestnut and I suppose it is an easier vegetable to make smooth than the fibrous ones that I use.
I am so pleased I was able to try it and will now dream about something else - maybe holidays.
on 7 April 2016
To big for a normal kitchen
on 22 May 2014
I have been using it for some time the product is very good, the only problem is that if you want to whip cream it splashes all over the place.
on 9 January 2015
Bought as a replacement for original Bamix that my wife has used for over ten years. She asked for extra long Bamix for blending and chopping ingredients when making soups etc.
on 10 August 2014
Didn't come with booklet so I didn't know how to work it lucky my mate had one not bad