4.0 out of 5 stars A must-have item for mandolines and graters
Although the packaging says that it is only "cut resistant" and not "cut proof," the glove certainly provides protection against those accidental (and often nasty) cuts and bruises by mandolines and graters. I would give five stars were it not for the rather high price (in view of hygiene, it is ideal to have multiple gloves).
Published on 11 Feb 2012 by Satochan

2.0 out of 5 stars Not much use.
Not much use. Whilst it says it's for zesters and graters it also says "We recommend that you use this glove for all your food preparation requiring sharp tools. ... The benefit comes in the case of accidental contact with a sharp edge. It may still damage the glove, just not your hand." Well, of course the fingertips in gloves never fit tight, so when the...
Published 2 months ago by Paul

5.0 out of 5 stars Saves a lot of agony., 14 May 2013
I'll keep this short.

We bought a Zyliss mandolin about 5 years ago and while explaining to friends just how dangerous it was, and why my wife would have nothing to do with it herself - I sliced the top off my RH index finger, including some of the nail. My wife threw the mandolin away whilst I was off to A&E to get my finger sorted.

About 3 years ago, I prevailed on her to let me get another one, on the condition that I get one of these gloves to go with it.

Last month, I carelessly tried to take the top off my finger again, but the glove just jammed in the blade. It got damaged - NOT ME!!

(She let me keep the mandolin.)

Nuff said ??

1.0 out of 5 stars not good, 27 May 2014
This review is from: Microplane Cut Resistant Glove (Kitchen & Home)
it has been mentioned in this product description that "One size fits most, glove works for either hand" while in actual it is very small size .

4.0 out of 5 stars Haven't cut myself since buying it.. ..guess that's the point, 28 Jun 2011
C. Irwin "Shizzling" (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)    (REAL NAME)
This review is from: Microplane Cut Resistant Glove (Kitchen & Home)
I bought this glove to protect my hand when using a Carving Jack knife to model wood.

The good things about the glove are that it's a snug fit, doesn't feel unwieldy and it does offer protection from accidental slips with the carving tool.

The down side, and I was aware of this when I bought it, is that there's only one glove in the set, not a pair, which makes it quite a pricey purchase.

If you were to use this glove in the kitchen it would offer protection from slices and scuffs when using mandolin slicers, graters or even when chopping ingredients (although I would think improving your knife skills would be more useful than a protective glove to avoid cuts while chopping).

Other potential users of this item would be Michael Jackson impersonators who are looking for a cut proof, kevlar alternative to the sequinned glove.

I hope this review is helpful to you. Shamone.

2.0 out of 5 stars Oh dear, 28 Sep 2013
This review is from: Microplane Cut Resistant Glove (Kitchen & Home)
I could not on with this at all, I bought it to go with my Japanese mandolin, as a safety precaution, and I was clumsier with it on than not. Not the products fault, I suppose, but it is supposed to be a safety glove.

5.0 out of 5 stars A must buy., 1 July 2014
This review is from: Microplane Cut Resistant Glove (Kitchen & Home)
A must if you have a mandolin slicer. I bought because of painful experience. Very soft. Good feel. And it works!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Has saved me from a very nasty cut., 14 Jun 2014
This review is from: Microplane Cut Resistant Glove (Kitchen & Home)
I have a mandolin with a doggy guard and this glove has saved me from a very nasty cut. Would recommend the glove but not the mandolin.

4.0 out of 5 stars First Class Protective Glove, 5 Jun 2014
D. J. Clarke (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microplane Cut Resistant Glove (Kitchen & Home)
I handle sharp kitchen knives all the time and have cut myself from time-to-time. I have never cut myself when wearing this glove. Would be better if there were two, one in use, one in the wash. Expensive for one glove

5.0 out of 5 stars No more cut fingers, 4 Jun 2014
This review is from: Microplane Cut Resistant Glove (Kitchen & Home)
My family were starting to despair about the number of nasty cuts I was sustaining when using my set of sharp kitchen knives. This glove has come to the rescue: I keep it next to my knife set and faithfully use it every time I wield the knives. So far, my fingers have remained undamaged! Very easy to wash (I just use washing-up liquid to rinse the glove) and quick to dry.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Microplane Cut Resistant Glove (Kitchen & Home)
One of those things you didn't know you needed until you got one, apparently. Bought this for my mother together w/ an Oxo mandoline - she loves them both and I understand she's bought the gloves as gifts to some of her friends.

4.0 out of 5 stars Glad I got this, 22 Mar 2014
This review is from: Microplane Cut Resistant Glove (Kitchen & Home)
When I cut myself on my mandolin I thought I better get one of these. While I was waiting for it to arrive, I thought
perhaps I didn't need it after all and I worried about the hygiene aspects.
Why bother, because I practically use it every day now. I'm chopping stuff with a much bigger knife, which means I've speeded up. The blade on my big chopping knife always frightened me, now with this on I feel I can just cut away.
You still have to take great care mind you, but its sort of like wearing a seat belt and driving, the car could still kill you but at least
you can drive a bit faster because of the belt?
I also worried that I would have to wash it every time and that would mean more work. I find I can get away with cleaning it off on a damp cloth and reuse it. I would have to wash it if I were cutting up any meat, but I don't intend to use it for that. This one is strictly for the veg.
I think its an expensive item, but quite well designed so I didn't mind the price too much in the end.

Microplane Cut Resistant Glove