Format: DVD|Change

on 19 March 2009
i felt like this series was rushed and alot of characters and storylines where unfinished. They could have done alot more with this series seeing as it's the last, nevertheless as always it was gripping and does leave u wanting more, it is well worth a watch.
on 29 December 2010
A couple of years on and I'm still REELING at how disappointed I was at the ending. Not to give away the end to anyone, but when the credits in the form of that most bizarre fashion-showy parade began, I sat there thinking, "surely this isn't it"..

The ending does not give this great show any justice. As a loyal fan to The L Word, anxiously waiting for the new episodes/series to come out, I was expecting something a little more - dare I say it - normal? This was something out of Twin Peaks, and in no way artistic or even good!

I sit here complaining about it, but you know full well that I watch it again and again. Well let's face it, it beats that drivel that was "Lip Service", but even that had a more relatable ending.

The question isn't "who killed Jenny", the question is "who killed the l word". I personally think they should be held accountable.
on 9 February 2015
I just finish to watch for second time the series from the beginning to the end and this is my honest opinion about all the episodes:
-what the creators of the series have show us here is the world of a group of lesbians neighbours with the good ,bad and funny things. This lesbian world is not different to the supposed straight world where we all live in our everyday lives:
manipulation and lies in order to get what they want., broken trust, everybody sleeping with everybody just to get instant sexual gratification no matter the consequences .Also have to mention that there are positives things that this series show us ,for example the way friends help each other on times of need ,the way they enjoy life,etc
.For me the real hero is the character of jenny's happy normal girl with a boyfriend that is seduced by a very experienced and manipulative lesbian, so as the story progress we see how the jenny character change gradually becoming as manipulative as everybody else, because is the only way to progress forward,but the sad thing is that jenny is very fragile and gently ,so she end up taking her own life ,perhaps because for her was not more point to keep living in such ugly manipulative world? ,doesn't show clearly what happened at the end but this is the impression I got.From all the characters, the jenny characters is the more feminine(I love the ultra feminine way she dress),also is the more gentle and fragile perhaps this is why is my hero.
Finally say that I give 5 stars because show us other ways of living and Is a great thing in a country like the USA where 90% of the population have to live their entire life's hiding their true sexual orientation on the closet because otherwise is going to affect how economically progress in life or put themselves in danger in a world that lack true acceptance of this issues.Finally say that all the actors are magnificent and love the quality of the production.
on 26 March 2009
I love the L Word with a passion and was most upset when I found out there were only to be 8 episodes in this season, I must admit the ending is not as good as I thought but there are some shockers in there!! Who finds out they are pregnant?? Who comes between Alice and Tasha?? All very gripping but a lot of loose ends needed tying up so lets hope they make a one off special please!!!!
on 23 July 2010
Absolutely fantastic.....I have series 12345 and now 6 and you will not be disappointed in any of them.
Good story lines and lots of sensitivity...buy buy buy
on 7 August 2010
L-word season 6, can clearly be recommended. Have you liked the other seasons, so do not miss the season 6, which is at least as good as the others. Enjoy
on 29 November 2009
Not as good as the other seasons,but still worth the wait,i watched all in one go as its only eight episodes,would liked to have seen more of Shane,but cant be greedy can we.
Dident think much of the extras could have done somthing a bit special as it was the last season.
Also discovered region 1 plays on region 2 players very interesting.
Now waiting for Three Rivers to come out on dvd.
on 25 July 2010
This is so, so good, but so, so sad....I can't believe it is the last ever!!! What do we do now???
on 28 June 2014
L word always has been a joy to watch , for anyone who has never seen or heard of it it's basically about a group of classy , slightly rich LA lesbians / bisexuals / transgender and a straight woman who live in a lovely area of LA .. On first sight you may think the usual drama , cocktail drinking , clubbing , swanky bars , coffee drinking buzz , but the L word has a meaningful plot that rolls on through every series ... Chemistry is amazing between characters especially Bette and Tina .. The love between the girls is undeniable , and friendship goes the distance and stays strong throughout , there is of course heartbreaking moments but love can be ... Everyone should at least see L word once .. Regardless of gender or sexual orientation :-)
on 7 December 2010
Not only was I sad that this was the last season of the L word but I was disappointed with the story line and the fact it has been the shortest season yet.I have been a big fan of the L word and would have liked some of the characters who featured earlier on in the programe to have made a sneaky peek into this season.But sadly No. It was an ending. Unfortunatly not the one I was hoping for.