5.0 out of 5 stars Improved my ADSL connection, 30 Mar 2011
This review is from: ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter
I live in a rural part of Spain. Being miles from the nearest exchange, our landline carries a high voltage. Also we have mains surges which cross over onto the telephone line. These caused all sorts of problems manifested by the router constantly dropping the line. I also had one router destroyed by the spikes on the line. Since I installed this filter I have had no problems whatsoever. Brilliant result for a very small outlay. If it helps in such dire circumstances then I imagine there would be some benefit, in terms of connection stability and router protection, in a more regulated environment such as the UK.

5.0 out of 5 stars Cheap solution., 29 Sep 2012
This review is from: ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter
I have to give this 5 stars on the assumption that it will protect my router in the event of a "spike" along my telephone line. At under £3 delivered it has to be cheaper than having to buy a new router. I have read of instances of telephone line "spikes" during thunder storms etc. so I'm just hoping this protection device is similar to a having a spare wheel/tyre in a car and hope it's never put to the test!
There are, a bit disappointingly, no instructions for installing so I have to assume it fits between the master socket and microfilter or the microfilter and router?

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 7 Dec 2013
E. Cater - See all my reviews
This review is from: ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter
This is the second surge protector that I have owned. The first one did its job, protect my computer when there was a surge. When it stopped working I bought this one. I could not find one in the stores in my area. I ordered this and it came quickly. Although there were no instructions with it, it was simple to install and has been working perfectly. I would buy another one should the need arise.

4.0 out of 5 stars I hope its working, 17 Mar 2014
This review is from: ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter
supply was prompt, but I cannot tell if it will work until it has to protect me from any surges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Seems ok., 27 Feb 2014
This review is from: ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter
Surge protector seems fine. Shan't really know until we get a lightning strike nearby. I hear there is a thunderstorm due.

4.0 out of 5 stars This is a no brainer!, 2 Oct 2013
This review is from: ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter
I initially bought 1 of these surge protectors to protect my BT open reach Modem and separate broadband router hardware for my fibre optic broadband from power surges through the telephone line. There are no instructions, but it is easy to connect and initially there was a small performance improvement on my broadband speed which may have been coincidence, but the key thing is it hasn't had any negative impact on my broadband performance. I can't confirm if it has protected my equipment from power surges, but it gives me some peace of mind and in terms of the cost is a no brainer and in fact have purchased a 2nd one for a new landline phone system I have installed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Working fine, glad I got these, great !!, 1 July 2013
Sci-Fi-Dan (Norfolk , England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter
Bought 2 of these and set up was easy, connection works fine through them no worries. Highly recommend for a little peace of mind against surges.

5.0 out of 5 stars Faster speed too....., 14 Aug 2014
This review is from: ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter
Simple to fit, and gives peace of mind, assuming it will work.
The main thing is that my broadband speed actually went up when I plugged this device in. Don't know why, but it went up by one what's name.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 30 Aug 2014
This review is from: ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter
Exactly what you'd expect. Only needed one part of it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a try, 23 Oct 2013
trebor (Leicestershire UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter
5-star rating, as at £2.99 it's worth a try. I'm now on my third router, after (I assume) power surges down the telephone line knocked out my previous one's. So fingers crossed this does the trick.
No instructions included so just remember that the white connects to the black and not the other way around. Your filter then connects to your BT socket as before.

UPDATE: 3 months on and no more problems with my router. Seems this is doing the job!

ADSL Modem/ RouterSurge Protector & Adapter