4.0 out of 5 stars Very nicely built, does the job required.
The torch is of solid construction, aluminium body and cap and of course in the distinctive 'Duracell' livery.
The three batteries (which are pleasingly supplied, fit into a chassis, or holder, be aware when placing them that one of them is the opposite way to the other two.
Published 17 months ago by B. J. Davies

3.0 out of 5 stars Took while to get working
Published 16 months ago by Spondon Bongles

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Very nicely built, does the job required., 4 Dec. 2013
B. J. Davies "EntilZha" (The Rhondda, South Wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Duracell Daylite LED Torch Flashlight 3W 80 Lumens Cree with 3 AAA Batteries (Tools & Hardware)
Once the battery pack is inserted and the cam screwed on the torch feels reassuringly weighty, for me this always shows quality.
The button for the operation of the torch is on the back of it, right in the centre of the cap. I bought this for my mother for use in case of power cuts but she is unable both hold this torch and press this button in with the same hand. She has arthritis in her fingers, I have tried to explain that she can try holding the torch as they do in movies, above the shoulder and using the thumb but she thinks it is a dumb idea, I agree. She now holds the torch in her right hand normally, and pressed the button in with her left.

It does not come with a strap - yet there's a hole for one in the end cap, a bit cheap of Duracell to be honest. I put one on for my mother so she has the torch hanging where she can find it easily when needed.

The light form the torch, while not devastatingly bright, is impressive considering it comes from just one LED. It is easily bright enough to light a room or to walk in pitch-black outside and illuminate a fair area around you. The zoom works but I do not see the point of it.

All in all it is good value for money especially since it comes with the batteries. It is small enough to put in a pocket or handbag, well made and pretty bright to boot.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Buy, 31 Jan. 2011
I use this torch in work. It's far smaller than my colleagues torches but creates a clear, brighter light than all but the largest and most powerful torches. I was searching a large field the other night and to be fair, it works well at a long distance, maybe 50-60 meters until it starts to fade a little.

It's size makes it practical to use and fits into my belt holster snuggly without me having to move it every time i get in and out of the car, which can be a pain if you're using a larger torch like a mag light. I've dropped it on concrete a few times during chases, and aside from the odd scratch on the aluminium casing, it still works perfectly and looks the part.

Since i've bought this torch, two of my colleagues have bought one each and others are on order, if you're wondering what i do, im a policeman and i would highly recommend this torch to anyone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality torch, 8 April 2010
Bought this torch and have to admit that it is a sold bit of kit. Fantastic quality and just as you would expect from Duracell. Great service from the seller as well. A great bit of kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Greastest small torch ever, 22 Jun. 2011
I first saw this torch on The Gadget Show. As an avid torch collector I just had to have one of these. It is without doubt worth every penny. It is far better than torches costing many times more. With a bright real daylight whatever the conditions I know I can give it some real hammer and it will not let let me down. Well done Duracell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright light for dark mornings, 7 Oct. 2013
I need a handy sized torch for winter months as I am an early morning dog walker in semi rural location. Have had this torch for only a short period of time and only recently have needed this as darker mornings are approaching.

That said, the times I have needed this it has been brilliant performance wise. It has a clear bright beam which I use to easily track one of my dogs across a playing field when off lead as she's a bit of hunter when free roaming so the distance performance for the beam is excellent for my needs. Can't comment on the battery longevity as I haven't changed them yet, but up to now, I am very impressed. Some reviewers have criticised it for not having a wrist strap, but as I walk two dogs, I have put mine on a neck lanyard so its always to hand but it does not hinder me in controlling my dogs, so I don't find the lack of a wrist strap a problem as I would remove and swap it anyway.

It has a good quality metal body and appears to be manufactured to a relatively high standard but I guess only time will tell but for not, it is as I would have expected from Duracell and I only hope that with regular use of this torch does not prove that I have not made a good purchase. For now, I am happy with the product - so much so, I bought another one on the basis of its such a powerful beam from a small easily handled torch unlike the Maglite I was previously using.

4.0 out of 5 stars Bit pricey, but not bad., 20 Aug. 2012
Given the rave reviews, I expected it to be better than it was. However, to be fair, it is good (though not outstanding). The bulb gives a nice bright white glow and a lot of people will appreciate its small size, i.e. for handbags and jacket pockets. It also seems sturdy enough. I still think at a bit under £20, it was a tad expensive. I should really have got something a bit more 'heavy duty'. But if you want a light-weight torch with decent light, you could do a lot worse.

5.0 out of 5 stars small but reliable & mighty, 11 Feb. 2011
I brought this torch to replace another led torch I had brought to take my dogs loo at night, the other one failed at the last min & had to buy this in a hurry good old Amazon fab service got it here next day and my probs were solved, it is very well made, feels robust, has been a heaven send for me in these dark winter months, can make the light have a wider beam by twisting the head, very easy to use and insert/remove batteries been using few weeks now for a good 10/15min at a time (my puppy likes to take her time to pee the lil madame) and the first set of batteries are still going strong so I cannot rate this item or duracell highly enough

3.0 out of 5 stars Took while to get working, 22 Dec. 2013
Looked great in the box, but the problems started when it came to putting the batteries in. Simply couldn't get it open! Information supplied was basic and couldn't find anything on net. In the end I had to clamp the copper end in a VICE and twist with all my might and finally opened. Didn't work first time as one of the terminalsprings was bent. But now working and gives an acceptable light.

5.0 out of 5 stars very impressive and solid design, 24 Aug. 2013
Mr. M. A. Khan (London, UK) - See all my reviews
I have purchased 3 of it in quantities. One for my younger brother as a gift for his clinical practice. he is very happy with its use. Its firm hold and excellent design made me very happy. also it ships with same brand batteries for longer life.

5.0 out of 5 stars LED at its best.., 12 Nov. 2014
LED at its best ....
I purchased an LED torch to help me get my chickens in at night. This one is excellent and I can put it in my pocket comfortably. The beam is the best!!! I have tried other torches but this one comes up trumps!!!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›