5.0 out of 5 stars Even better than I remembered...
I bought this boxset for my husband expecting just the ten seperate series but found the last two 'bonus' discs actually contain five additional episodes including Minder on the Orient Express. For value for money this set can't be beaten. I hadn't intended watching much of this but listening to my husband's laughter I found myself getting drawn in. Yes as other...
Published on 27 Mar 2010 by Mary Carmichael

3.0 out of 5 stars minder the complete series
Although the recordings are great there are no subtitles on so if you are deaf or hard of hearing do not buy, I am deaf but i ordered these for my son. If there were subtitles on I would order another set for myself
Published 23 months ago by deafasapost

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars 80's Classic, 23 Aug 2010
This review is from: Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
This really is one of the best box sets of one of the best programmes ever shown, some of the humour is so subtle that even 25 years on after watching the programme several times you pick up a gem oneliner!

The earlier episodes are wonderfully politically incorrect and it is a joy to see "big name" soap stars playing nomarks.

I could ramble for hours but just enjoy it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfection, 7 Mar 2009
This review is from: Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
A fitting tribute to the best TV programme of all-time. No actor will give a performance to equal Sir George Cole as loveable rogue Arthur Daley.
Every othet character from Terry the Minder, Dave the barman to cop clowns Chisholm AND Rycott feature throughout.
This is TV Perfection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoying Minder very much!, 13 Jan 2011
D. Mitchell (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I only caught a few of Minder when it originally aired but loved it all the same. I am thoroughly enjoying watching these from the begining. The quality is great and in my opinion this set is worth every penny!

5.0 out of 5 stars classic - simple as that!, 12 Sep 2010
J. Harris-douglas "jonhd" (york. uk) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
if you are thinking of buying "minder" dvds, this is an excellent box set. 4 episodes on each dvd plus some extras and the
"minder" films. "minder" fans should love it. for those who are not sure what the series was about (where were you all those years ago!)
the relationship between dodgy car deal arthur and terry, his minder is so well acted and written.
the characters are great. well produced and gives a great memory of london 30 years ago.
superb box set... love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful series set, 14 July 2010
Mr. D. J. Linnell "francophile" (Northampton, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I was always a fan of this series and it wasn't until I started watching this boxed set that I realised how many episodes that I had missed. The series is so well acted by George Cole and Denis Waterman and a whole host of past and present TV actors that you realise the reason for its longevity was it was just so well crafted. I am still wading through this set and although the later ones sans Denis Waterman are still good they really don't stand up to the original duo.

5.0 out of 5 stars a masterpiece, 13 Jun 2010
Mr. David Sheridan "d , sheridan" (birmingham ,england) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
watching my recent purchase of minder brought back great memeories of a first class drama.watching arthur conning terry again inmany epsiodes had me in tears .i always looked forward to watching minder and even though its dated it still pulls it of beating most of the dramas you watch today .i would recomend minder to any one because it is brillant .

5.0 out of 5 stars Minder boxset review, 2 Aug 2009
Edward Gray "Hitman" (Bray. Ireland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Minder is the archetypical show that brought pleasure to so many all those years ago. George Cole was perfection as the lovable rogue Arthur with excellent support from Waterman, the policemen and of course behind the bar, Dave. The show still makes me laugh even after all this time. Even though the series lost a bit of it's lustre due to cutting down on the fights and sex it still kept going strong. Gary Webster more than held his own, though it has to be admitted that the scripts weren't in the same class as the Waterman years. Great value on this box set I promise. Almost as if Arthur had sold it himself! So let's all raise a large VAT to 1 of the best series ever created. The best episodes to go to first are Series 4- a well fashioned fit-up, Get Daley!, A number of old wives' tales from season 5, what makes Shamy run?, The balance of power(season 5 also). But they're only some of the wonderful episodes. Really it's hard to pick out one outstanding one- they all are. There's not really 1 that fails to delight in some way. The dialogue is less sharp as the Gary Webster years(1991-94) come into play, but the final season of Dennis Waterman had noticably lost some, if not all of it's usual spark. That's not a slight against Webster either I might add. Really if you watch any episode in the first 6 seasons you can't go far wrong. The best Gary Webster one is probably the 1st one of his- season 8,disc 1. Chisholm and Rycott appear sporadically in the Waterman years, with wonderful comic effect. Glynn Edwards as Dave was a joy to behold. THere were wonderful guest appearances over the years-but too many to mention here. Buy it now and keep reading my reviews!

5.0 out of 5 stars Arthur Daley, 12 May 2010
Mr. J. W. Feehan "jonny2010" (Berkshire.UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
Hi There, The complete Minder series I just purchased from Amazon Classic Minder: The Complete Series [DVD]
must be the most played DVD,s I have George Cole is superb he does,nt even have to speak just one raise of the
eyebrows is enough more subtle than Delboy . At this price it was well worth the money even though I already
had half of the series anyway they must be nearly worn out already. What surprised me how many very funny episodes
were made even after Terry left.I originally come from West London and can say the casting is absolutely spot on
the accents all genuine and Dave behind the bar well,,,,,,, what more can I say MAGIC
Thanks Amazon John Feehan

5.0 out of 5 stars Definately worth the money, 31 Jan 2010
Mr. P. Boocock "Englishman" (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
If you're a fan of the show you'll love this. I never liked the last 2 series so won't watch them but the other 8 will get plenty of play.

5.0 out of 5 stars "My WORD IS MY BOND STAND ON ME" :)), 4 July 2013
This review is from: Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] (DVD)
I took delivery of this at Christmas I'm probabley 1 of the youngest people to own this boxset as I'm only 26 but this boxset is more than value its classic comedy & is well worth it's money it even contains all the specials some of which I didn't even know about as I used to have series 1-10 as indivdual sets but I bought this complete collection because I wanted them all to be together in one big collection & I'm so glad they are & did because even tho I'm only 26 years old I could watch Minder all day everyday just as I can with The Sweeney (The Original just thought I'd make that clear LOL) & Only Fools & Horses too they NEVER get old I blame my dad when I was growing up LOL all fans of Minder should have this collection & I agree that the Terry Years are the best :)) Thanks for reading hope this helps

‹ Previous | 1 2 39 | Next ›

Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD]
Minder: The Complete Collection [DVD] by George Cole (DVD - 2009)
38.75