on 2 November 2011
The watch arrived this morning when Amazon said it would. Beautiful watch, very solid and in my opinion is exactly like a G-Shock except it has a stainless steel casing and bracelet. Have owned quite a few Casio watches including G-Shocks and this is by far the best. I had it on my wrist with links removed and calibrated within 10 minutes. No instructions on how to remove the links but just search its name in Youtube and there's plenty of easy to follow tutorials, simples! I have a small wrist and had to remove four links so I was worried if the watch would look huge on me but I'm glad to say it is perfect, not too big and not too small. Like all Casio watches everything is easy to set and intuitive enough, I only had to read the instructions on how to calibrate it and after a couple of minutes I had it done no problem. All in all I'm extremely happy with my choice; great price, great functionality with its three line digital display, extreme accuracy and most of all it looks brilliant.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 1 February 2012
This watch is a replacement for one which I had had for many years. The first impression, on opening the box, was 'Wow - chunky!!'. It is bigger and heavier than I expected from the illustration. But, having worn it for a while, I'm getting used to it, and now it seems 'normal'.

The instructions for utilising the radio-control time-setting are pernickety, to say the least. I tried following them a few nights, and then experimented with just leaving the watch on my bedside table at night. Guess what? The time-setting works fine that way, too.

Time keeping is perfect - to the second.

The timer/stopwatch etc. functions work well, as I would expect from Casio.

I found the various setting functions easier and more logical than my previous watch.

One criticism - the instructions are silent on adjusting the wrist-band. It took some searching the net before I found some illustrated guidance on adjusting another type of band - which have me enough help to manage it. But, unless you are reasonably DIY-adept, and have suitable tools (miniature screwdriver/dental probe or similar) you may have difficulty - and need to get a jeweller/watch repairer to do this for you (presumably at a cost!).

One final point re the instructions - they came in the form of a small booklet, which I carried around with me for the first few days - then lost! However, a little web-searching located a printable version online, which I downloaded.
on 16 June 2011
It tells me the time, the day and the date. If I need to know the time elsewhere it tells me that as well. Its waterproof to a depth that if I'm there I will have drowned and it's a solid lump of a thing that will take reasonable knocks. It is all I wanted.
on 23 March 2011
The watch is packed with features including World time, stop watch, timer and alarm, not to mention automatic time-keeping - you never need to worry about having the correct time again.

The watch also looks great!!

At first, the braclet looked as if it would be tricky to adjust. In fact I couldn't figure it out, but a quick search on Google produced clear instructions with lots of pictures. After that, it was easy.

I would recommend this to anyone.
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 14 January 2012
Just received this watch yesterday. It has a solid feel to it, its easy to set up the time, alarms etc without reading the mini instructions book that comes with it. Adjusting the straps was easy enough to do once I had worked out what I had to do really no need to pay jewellers to do it. How to - You will need a small flat screw driver(like what you would use to tighten glasses)and a pair of needle nose pliers. All you have to do is put the screw driver by the arrow in the middle catching the flat clip and push once the clip slides out a bit use the pliers to pull clip out all the way.
Remove as may links as you need to once to right size place a clip back to reassemble gently use pliers to push the clip all the way back in. If anyone needs further instructions or pics on how to just leave a comment.
on 9 February 2010
My old Casio - some 30 years old and still going strong, until last week that is, finally turned its toes up after a short 'illness'. It became gradually a bit like me - some of its buttons wouldn't work very well and its time-keeping deteriorated a bit more - so I bit the bullet and bought this one after much deliberation. It's quite a difference from my old one slim-line, relatively light model and for the first few days, it felt like I had a rock tied to my wrist. However, that soon passed and I have to say I'm delighted with it. The readout is clearer and a bit bigger than my old one and its very easy to use. This is fortunate as the book that comes with it is smaller than the watch and not very well written. Luckily, the controls etc are pretty intuitive and a few minutes fiddling soon had everything sorted. In fact, the only really hard bit was the adjustment of the stainless steel strap - for which there are NO INSTRUCTIONS!!!! . . . why Casio? If it wasn't for the detailed help given in the review of a similar model - I would have really struggled much more. The watch has a re-assuring heavy chunkiness to it, the controls are easy to operate and the backlight really does light the face well. I don't know yet how good the wireless time-keeping will work but the watch came already with London set as the 'home' city. I fully expect this watch to last just as long as the last one.
on 18 September 2011
great watch,great value,very quick delivery,clear display,doe all I want it to do and comfortable on the wrist and would recommend to anyone who wants a smart go anywhere ad rugged work watch all in one.
on 26 June 2013
[[ASIN:B001QV5070 Casio Wave Ceptor WV-200DE-1AVER Men's Radio Controlled Digital Quartz Multifunction Watch with Steel Bracelet] My wife bought me this watch as a birthday present whilst we were in the UK. For most of the time we live in Tunisia, so I was concerned as to whether the watch would be able to receive a signal here, no problem though - I put it overnight on a table in front of a north-facing window and it works like magic!
The light is good, but I can't hear the alarm unless I am holding the watch to my ear! Not much use as an alarm clock though!
The watch looks exactly as in the pictures and it seems to be crafted out of a chunk of black plastic/resin material. there is a stainless plate screwed on the back and a stainless steel surround screwed on the front. The stainless steel strap is attached to the black plastic body (not as strong or durable as I would have expected, if the plastic breaks - the watch falls off and is lost...) The Amazon specification clearly states that the body material is Stainless Steel could you please clarify this point.
Generally the watch is excellent, it is relatively easy to use, the time keeping is beyond reproach. The alarm functions are next to useless (but I haven't used those on my previous watch anyway) But, the case material - is it really stainless steel or do you have to take the watch apart to find out?
on 22 November 2014
I bought this watch in February 2014.

The Good
• The watch looks nice, has a clear screen and is just the right weight.
• Set-up is pretty easy and I only needed to look at the instructions a couple of times before I mastered the functions. Once the home city is set the watch automatically updates via radio every night with the tower and corrects the time if it needs to. It is easy to check that this has happened as it records when the update occurred.
• I really like the fact that you can have the day of the week on the screen as well as change around the MM/DD/YYYY to DD/MM/YYYY. This means it suits european needs as well as American.
• The watch also has various timer, alarm and stopwatch functions, but as I don't use them often did test them much. The timer I did use and although it's a bit awkward to set the time you require, once set works as it should.
• Another nifty feature is the ability to set another world time that can be accessed by pressing one button.
• Finlly, the watch is water resistant to 200m so can be worn in the shower and when swimming.

The Bad
• Depending on how tight you wear your wristwatch I found the a number of times while doing manual work that the "Mode" button was accidentally pressed, changing what was displayed. This does not happen often, but enough times to be a little annoying.
• The main negative feature about this watch is the Indiglo feature. If you don't require the time in the dark (or at night), then you can skip this section of my review. The indiglo feature worked well for 6 months and then failed. Refusing to come on when the button was pressed or flickering on and then not coming on again. I received an exchange watch in June and as of this writing (November), the second watch is now having the same problem. This would lead me to believe it is a manufacturer flaw.

Why 2 Stars?
I purchased the watch because I do require it to work at night. Because the watch failed on this issue for which I bought it I have to rate it so low.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on 30 May 2013
For years I have owned a Casio G-Shock watch and been very pleased with it, so when it finally broke on me I decided to replace it with the Casio Wave Ceptor. I've only had the watch for a few days, but so far am a happy customer. Yes, the strap is of a lower quality compared to the G-Shock strap, but then this watch is a lot cheaper. However, despite this, I can't see that it will let me down (hopefully this isn't tempting fate!).

As for the actual watch, the display is clear and easy to read and the backlight illuminates the display evenly. As has already been mentioned, it is great that the date can be set to UK format. Setting up and using the watch is very simple, and the fact that I will never have to readjust the time again is a big plus. I also like the fact that the 'glass' is recessed so shouldn't scratch as easy as if it was flush.

There have been a few comments about the strap and how impossible it is to adjust. I didn't look at any YouTube videos or any other instructions. I simply looked at the strap, and saw that each link had a small slit at the side with an arrow pointing out. Using a small screwdriver, I just inserted it in the 'slit' and pushed outwards in the direction of the arrow. This removed the holding pin. Just do this for as many links you want to remove, then reassemble the links and push the holding pins back in. I was able to adjust it in less than 10 minutes!

The instruction manual, whilst being very small in size, is well produced with very sharp print. I'm not a youngster with good eyesight but had no trouble reading the manual.

So, all in all, a very nice watch.