on 2 November 2011
Been using Nikwax products for years to periodically top up waterproofing at the beginning of wet season on my waterproof gear. Also great for bags and anything else that could use help repelling water. Make sure you test the fabric first though!
on 5 July 2015
After reading some reviews regarding spray nozel I can confirm my 500ml came with nozel! Maybe this will help when choosing a size to order !
on 16 June 2014
First of all I must mention that if you are ordering this from Amazon beware the small print in the Amazon Product Description. I quote:
"Note:The Nikwax Tx. Direct Spray On May come With or Without the Nozzle based on the quantity ."
I ordered the 1 ltr size recently and the picture (at the time) clearly showed a bottle with a nozzle, but it came without one. It would be vastly more helpful if the description stated which quantities were provided with a spray nozzle and which were not. Either that or have two separate product items: one with a spray nozzle and another one clearly described as a refill.

Having said that, the product has worked well for me on both walking and skiing clothing, though it is a messy business applying it and I generally do it outside on a calm day and lay the garment on a plastic garden table. The job cannot be done in a hurry as it really takes time and effort to carefully spread the sprayed on liquid evenly over the whole garment, as it obviously initially runs off the peaks and pools in crevices. It you miss any patches or coat them insufficiently then the rain will always find them. Also it must be allowed to dry thoroughly before use. Don't try doing this just before you go out for a walk in the rain!
on 28 December 2009
excellent product! thought i had ruined my new coat by scrubbing a stain out. a spray with nikwax soon repaired the waterproofing of my coat, and it's like new again.
on 22 May 2014
I have used this waterproofer many times and have always followed the instructions printed on the bottle.
Never had a problem and have always been satisfied with the results.
Highly recommended.
on 11 December 2014
Never used a waterproofer before but had heard of this one so hence my choice. Sprayed 2 jackets, one of which was leaking badly on sleeves, also sprayed fabric boots: results perfect. Quick drying, easy application with no unpleasant odour Cannot fault this product.
on 26 January 2015
Great stuff but buyer beware of delivery costs - I only needed one and bought with one click ordering, only realised it nearly doubled the price when I got the statement....could have just about had two for that price as free over a tenner! Feeling cheated ;-(
on 30 March 2009
Had washed my skiing kit in normal washing powder in error before reading that this was a surefire way of losing the waterproofing. Washed the suit again in NikWax Tech Wash, and then sprayed it with this TX Direct, and it was as good as new. Went skiing and had more snow than ever before, but everything remained completely waterproof and dry. Would definitely recommend it. Had read that it was messy to apply, but I laid the kit out on a couple of towels on the kitchen floor to spray it, and didn't find it a problem at all.
11 comment|56 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 17 March 2013
Looks a bit runny, in fact, but when dry restores the waterproofness of the outer layers of gore-tex jackets. Just be sure to spray it outside, or you'll have your eyes sort of sticky when you finish...
on 9 October 2015
It really works. I was dubious about this product at first but now all my raincoats are waterproof I can highly recommend it. Just follow the instructions and you will be ok. I applied this on a mega hot day and it just dried instantly outside. The next day I showered my coat and the water beaded nicely. I am now confident of going out in the rain again.