5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff!
Published on 30 Mar 2009 by Hilary Skarratt

1.0 out of 5 stars no spray head provided!
This product is advertised as spray on waterproofer yet comes with no spray head attachment. The product arrives in a normal bottle with a screw cap different to the one in the picture. This is deceptive and amazon have not corrected this product image despite earlier similar complaints.
Published 3 months ago by redkite

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Stuff!, 30 Mar 2009
Hilary Skarratt "Hilary J" (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Had washed my skiing kit in normal washing powder in error before reading that this was a surefire way of losing the waterproofing. Washed the suit again in NikWax Tech Wash, and then sprayed it with this TX Direct, and it was as good as new. Went skiing and had more snow than ever before, but everything remained completely waterproof and dry. Would definitely recommend it. Had read that it was messy to apply, but I laid the kit out on a couple of towels on the kitchen floor to spray it, and didn't find it a problem at all.

5.0 out of 5 stars Trust NikWax!, 2 Nov 2011
Been using Nikwax products for years to periodically top up waterproofing at the beginning of wet season on my waterproof gear. Also great for bags and anything else that could use help repelling water. Make sure you test the fabric first though!

5.0 out of 5 stars nikwax tx, 28 Dec 2009
M. S. Collins (uk) - See all my reviews
excellent product! thought i had ruined my new coat by scrubbing a stain out. a spray with nikwax soon repaired the waterproofing of my coat, and it's like new again.

1.0 out of 5 stars no spray head provided!, 27 Mar 2014

1.0 out of 5 stars ABSOLUTELY USELESS WITHOUT A SPRAY NOZZLE, 6 Mar 2014
This review is from: Nikwax Tx. Direct Spray On Spray On Waterproofer (Sports)
The absence of a spray head makes the product unfit for purpose and fact that this is not indicated in your advertisement makes the advertisement very close to being in breach of the Trades Descriptions Act.

5.0 out of 5 stars Repel, 4 May 2010
Mr. B. Scott "Blade" (Shropshire) - See all my reviews
Does exactly what it says on the tin.
I reproofed my fishing jacket after washing, and once dried it could take a hose without passing, so I did my ski jacket as well.

4.0 out of 5 stars Beware! Read the small print, 16 Jun 2014
This review is from: Nikwax Tx. Direct Spray On Spray On Waterproofer (Sports)
First of all I must mention that if you are ordering this from Amazon beware the small print in the Amazon Product Description. I quote:
"Note:The Nikwax Tx. Direct Spray On May come With or Without the Nozzle based on the quantity ."
I ordered the 1 ltr size recently and the picture (at the time) clearly showed a bottle with a nozzle, but it came without one. It would be vastly more helpful if the description stated which quantities were provided with a spray nozzle and which were not. Either that or have two separate product items: one with a spray nozzle and another one clearly described as a refill.

Having said that, the product has worked well for me on both walking and skiing clothing, though it is a messy business applying it and I generally do it outside on a calm day and lay the garment on a plastic garden table. The job cannot be done in a hurry as it really takes time and effort to carefully spread the sprayed on liquid evenly over the whole garment, as it obviously initially runs off the peaks and pools in crevices. It you miss any patches or coat them insufficiently then the rain will always find them. Also it must be allowed to dry thoroughly before use. Don't try doing this just before you go out for a walk in the rain!

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work - Total waste of money, 10 Jun 2014
OK, here we go......
Let me get this out of the way first. I followed the instructions to the letter.
I purchased the 5ltr container because I wanted to "waterproof" 1 tent, two textile motorcycle jackets, two motorcycle textile trousers, and two pairs of motorcycle textile gloves.
All items were practically soaked with the product, and left to air dry.
When completely dry, I tested all items with the "pour water from a jug" test. The water beaded off. I thought money well spent.
This afternoon we had a fantastic thunder storm with downpour to match.
Quickly nipped upstairs, put on my bike kit - complete with helmet, boots and gloves.
I'm going to give this a proper test - well a walk to the bottom of the garden and back (around 120' all in all).
Results?
OK, here we go.
Head - dry!
Feet - dry!
The rest - only dry because of the waterproof lining already built into my kit.
This product did nothing at all to repel water. Looks like it can cope with a trickle from a jug, but a good 'ol walk in the rain knocked it for six.
I'm posting this hopefully to help other bikers from falling foul to this as I did.
I read all the positive reviews - but wasted 40 in the end.
Perhaps I'm in the minority, perhaps I expected too much?
Nope - I expected my kit to be waterproof. It wasn't.
Bikers out there, seriously consider buying a rain over suit instead.
Shiny side up guys.................

2.0 out of 5 stars Nikwax treatment review, 26 April 2014
My Goretex fabric coat did NOT become water resistant after the treatment. I followed the instructions carefully, but during a recent rain shower the water just seemed to seep straight into the fabric and did not run off the fabric as it used to. I also found the trigger action dispenser rather tiring on the wrist after a while. I will use an aerosol treatment the next time I attempt to reproof

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for re-water-proofing - smell strong, 14 Mar 2014
I use this in conjunction with the tech wash on kids coats and also a pair of trousers my husband uses for rugby training. Great, easy to use. Smell is very strong though and quite industrial/chemical smell.