4.0 out of 5 stars You Gotta Love Les..., 17 April 2009
Og Oggilby "Og Oggilby" (North London) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
This review is from: Of Fungi And Foe (Audio CD)
Les (Claypool) is definitely more. The man is a genius, the true inheritor of the Frank Zappa mantle, a Grade A quality musician (just ask Tom Waits), and, although he ain't to everyone's taste, in these days of manufactured pop trash, X Factor Acquired No Talent Syndrome and general torpor, Les stands as a beacon of honest to goodness barminess that is a tonic for the times. Buy this record so Les can go off an do more fly-fishing. A gent.

5.0 out of 5 stars love les, 11 April 2014
This review is from: Of Fungi And Foe (Audio CD)
Well if you are a fan there is no point in decribing Les. Another original score. Long delivery ( cd comes from states) with perfect condition. I recommend

5.0 out of 5 stars Daring to be different., 6 July 2013
This review is from: Of Fungi And Foe (Audio CD)
I loved this album after the 1st hearing. After that I just loved it more & more. Sharp & caustic at times ( listen to Red State girl for proof of this), evocative & thoughtful with the amazing Booneville Stomp. I could say more but there's no need. If you like Les Claypool this album is essential. He is a true MUSICIAN who refuses to go mainstream & THAT IS WHY he is so unique. Of Fungi & Foe is a true reflection of Claypool's mind & I think it's possibly the finest album I've ever heard in terms of diversity & bizarre intensity. Get it !!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Les Claypool is 1 Fantastic Musician!, 14 Jan 2012
Mr. M. RALPH "ralph_109" (U.K - KENT) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Fungi And Foe (Audio CD)
More People should really know about and listen to ANY of Les Claypools work. Its bonkers in every way possible - I love it!

The track 'Mushroom Men' is out of this would in terms of weirdness.

buy any albums you can get your hands on with les in (especially all Primus)! - You wont regret it!

4.0 out of 5 stars A nightmare in music form, 13 Mar 2011
Mr. L. W. Maile "korn" (U.K) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Of Fungi And Foe (Audio CD)
How do you begin to describe Les Claypools musical style? I haven't listened to anything remotely similar to this(obiously apart from Primus)and I listen to alot of music. Everytime I listen to this I think of some scary off set world and it freaks me out. Just look at the cover and that somes up what weird and strange music Mr Pool drums up. This music is grabbing the insane and I love it. Nothing touches this man.

Of Fungi And Foe
Of Fungi And Foe by Les Claypool (Audio CD - 2010)