5.0 out of 5 stars love it
I really like 90210 and it had been a while since I'd watched them all. Once the 4th series had ended I decided to buy all the boxsets, used, and watch them all again, along with my flatmate who had never seen them. It is, by far, my favourite programme EVER!
Published 11 months ago by Nicola

3.0 out of 5 stars Uneven but Completely Addicting
Published on 11 Aug 2009 by Mark Baker

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

3.0 out of 5 stars Uneven but Completely Addicting, 11 Aug 2009
Mark Baker (Santa Clarita, CA United States) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: 90210: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
The Wilson family has moved from Kansas to Beverly Hills. Father Harry (Rob Estes) has taken the job of principal at West Beverly High. His wife Debbie (Lori Loughlin) is a photographer. And his kids are now students at his high school. Annie (Shenae Grimes) is thrilled about the transition since she wants to be an actress. Dixon (Tristan Wilds) is a little less excited, mainly because he doesn't want to deal with explaining the obvious adoption all over again.

The kids quickly make new friends. There's fellow actress Adrianna (Jessica Lowndes), popular girl Naomi (AnnaLynne McCord), jock Ethan (Dustin Milligan), quiet Navid (Michael Steger), and semi-Goth Silver (Jessica Stroup). Together these friends will face questions of sex, drugs, pregnancy, and interpersonal trials. Will they still be speaking tomorrow?

This season was very uneven. Some of that was due to actors and writers finding the characters and feel of the show. I was actually hooked quite quickly, partially thanks to the appearances of original series cast members Jennie Garth and Shannen Doherty. In fact, Kelley's storyline is the main reason I tune in week after week. See, as the story progressed, it became obvious the story was the most important thing. Stuff that could have unfolded over several episodes was crammed into one. Character still takes a back seat to story. Part way through the season, it really lost its way. But it did recover for the final few episodes, leading up to the best two hours of the series so far in the final episodes of the 24 episode season.

Be aware this show is very modern in its topics. It is attempting to push the envelope even more than the original show did. The show is designed for older teens and adults.

I must admit I will be tuning in when season two debuts, if only to find out how they resolve the cliffhanger. I hope it does improve the storytelling and characters, however, or I may tire of it quickly.

5.0 out of 5 stars love it, 11 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this can't stop watching it, 14 April 2010
J. Buchanan "Dragon King" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 90210: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Amazing . Didn't think i would like it . But best show in age's . Better than The O.C and Gossip . Came in c=good condition . Really happy with it :) . Buy BUY BUY NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!!. No i mean it ul love it .

5.0 out of 5 stars The new 90210, 18 Dec 2010
This review is from: 90210: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I think the first season of 90210 is really good. We get well introduced to the new crew of friends, and I really like that there are some of them we already know, like Kelly and Silver (Erin). Some of the drama like, stealing other girls boyfriends, is drama you can relate to in some way. I really like it, and it made me wanna see the second season.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best show in ages!, 17 Aug 2009
This review is from: 90210: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I love 90210...yes the kids are mostly rich but to be honest what the difference with other shows is that they are not spoiled...but thats not got much to do with it. I just think the storylines are really original and I love the characters. I can't even wait for the new season! If you love the show you have to get the box set. The special features aren't bad either!

5.0 out of 5 stars Makes me want to live in 90210, 29 May 2010
Ms. T. Stanger (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 90210: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I loved watching 90210, it makes me want to live there and go to their high school, despite all of the drama and goes off. This is perfect for girl teenagers, they'll love it without a doubt if they love, LA, hot clothes, hot guys, friendships, drama and etc. I can't wait for season 2 to come out so I can complete my collection.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fun series, DVDs in good condition, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: 90210: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
I bought this as a gift for a friend who was moving to another country where she doesn't speak the language and wanted to watch something light and fun in the evenings. She really likes it and wants the rest of the series so I guess it's good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Love this series!, 5 Dec 2013
This review is from: 90210: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
Never actually seen this series before I bought it, but I really really enjoyed it! Definitely going to buy the next few too.

5.0 out of 5 stars Not as great as the original but it still stays true to the style, 10 Oct 2013
Karin Schill (Sweden) - See all my reviews
This review is from: 90210: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
This Beverly Hills 90210 spin-off kicks off 8 years after the original show ended. It revolves around Kelly and David's little sister Erin Silver and her friends as they go to High School. The show is a must see for any original Beverly Hills fan as fan favorite Brenda Walsh returns for a couple of episodes. You also find out what happened to Kelly as she has a recurring role this season and is in most of the episodes. :)

Other original characters that also make an appearance is Donna and Nat. There is a scene with Kelly, Brenda and Donna that's pure nostalgia. :)

The new group kids are also surprisingly likable. The characters have depth and they will grow on you. So yes I can recommend you to return to West Beverly High!

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent buy, 18 Sep 2013
This review is from: 90210: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] (DVD)
THIS WAS A GREAT BUY, VERY ENTERTAINING AND WORTH THE WAIT OF IT COMING OUT ON DVD! I WOULD REC THIS TO ANYONE WHO LIKES 90210.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

90210: Season 1 [DVD]  [2008]
90210: Season 1 [DVD] [2008] by Shenae Grimes (DVD - 2009)
46.99