4.0 out of 5 stars excellent keyboard for less than 20 quid
having only ever used laptop keyboards and cheap and cheerful keyboards that come bundled with desktops, i have to say that this is a drastic improvement on those, the keys are nicely responsive and have a pleasant feel to them, as in they have just the right amount of resistance without feeling too stiff.

it doesn't require installation of separate software,...
Published on 12 April 2010 by Paul

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent basic keyboard
There's not all that much to say really. It doesn't do anything special, but there's nothing really bad about it really.

Published on 26 Jan 2011 by Rusty M

4.0 out of 5 stars excellent keyboard for less than 20 quid, 12 April 2010
Paul (Sheffield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Microsoft Wired Keyboard 600 Black (Retail Packaging) (Accessory)

it doesn't require installation of separate software, just plug in and the drivers are installed automatically. the media keys are a nice touch, saving me having to flit between windows all the time, as is the inclusion of a numeric keypad (my laptop doesn't have one, making it a pain if i need to use the calculator, another useful feature is the inclusion of a calculator button which opens up the windows calculator)

the only real negative aspect of this board is the clack the keys make, not a big problem in itself, but does lend a certain cheap feel to it, but if you take your time typing and use a firm touch it does go away, but who want's to type slowly just to keep noise levels down?

i can't really comment on the waterproofing of this product as i don't tend to go around spilling fluids on electronics :D but its a nice idea and one that gives me the added security of knowing that if i do spill anything on it, it'll survive without any damage.

it has a really handsome finish and although it is utilitarian in its style, it will compliment any computer that it will be paired with.

the delivery was pretty good, not brilliant, but that was Royal snails (sorry, Royal Mails) fault as they didn't arrive at our house while 2:45pm, 3 days after the date upon which it was supposed to arrive, it came reasonably well packaged, not the best, but certainly not the worst (that award goes to certain sellers of hard drives)

if you want a decent quality keyboard for under 20 quid, you won't go far wrong with this one. i highly recommend this to anyone looking for a low cost yet good quality keyboard.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must buy, 29 Sep 2010
Very cheap and super quality and simple to set up...just put it in the usb slot and away you go. Very light and very easy to type plus its easy to clean.

4.0 out of 5 stars Recommended, 13 May 2012
Angus Silvie (London, England) - See all my reviews
I type all day at work and as a result suffer from a degree of RSI, so I decided to replace my home PC standard Dell keyboard which came with the computer when I got it some years ago. This Microsoft keyboard is a whole lot better. The keys are soft-touch and far nicer to to use. The F keys are a little small but I can live with that - the main thng is that my fingers don't hurt any more when I am typing!

3.0 out of 5 stars Decent basic keyboard, 26 Jan 2011

The keys are low profile and aren't hugely elevated from the keyboard. I'd suggest everyone looks at the picture closely and notes the size of the "esc" key and the "F1-F12" keys. they are much smaller than the other keys. This could be a bother to some, but fortunately, they aren't rubbery or made of any different material to the rest of the keys.

One real positive about this keyboard is that I find it to be very quiet. It comes with the full set of keys, including both left and right windows buttons, where a lot of keyboards only have the left windows button. Nice and easy to install, just plug&play.

5.0 out of 5 stars I wanted a quieter keyboard, 12 Sep 2010
I needed a quieter keyboard for 2 reasons, my typing would wake my husband and whenever I was chatting through any audio function people complained that my keyboard was loud. Over the past 2 years I have purchased 5 keyboards looking for one that would meet that specific need. My complaint against the silicon keyboards is they required too much pressure per key which might be fine for a person who is not a touch-typist but since I am a touch typist they are entirely unacceptable. I had just about given up when I thought to try this one. After all, I have a microsoft wireless mouse that I just love. This keyboard meets my expectations and demands and even goes beyond that in that it drains any spill out through the channels at the lower edge of the keyboard frame. The only improvement I could request is that the spacebar key be made a little less flush with the frame so that it sets up a little higher. My husband has also used my keyboard and had the same complaint about the spacebar. Although I wasn't searching for any additional benefits I find I really do like the ability to manipulate my media player without opening and closing windows. The calculator button allows me to do the same. These are both handy when I am in a social situation but even more so when I am programming and coding.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for what I needed., 8 Feb 2011
I was just looking for a general cheap keyboard for my laptop to play games. I find it easier to play games on a seperate keyboard then the one on my laptop. This was perfect for me. Arrived very fast. The keys work great. Don't have to press to hard to get a reaction out of them. Overall very satisfied with the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 6 Dec 2010
Good design and feels good. Great for gaming as there are no extra gizmos on it. Comfy to type with and quickly installed some drivers automatically (although it is plug & play?). Just what I wanted! Even works with my Mac which is a bonus.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best value for money, 23 Nov 2010
Erdgas "Bob" (Hampshire,United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Does the job. Keys operate perfectly well and the layout is efficient but not fancy. As an average user I can't see that a more expensive keyboard could be that much better.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simple keyboard, 23 Sep 2010
A. McKenzie (London) - See all my reviews
A nice and simple keyboard with the essential hot-keys. Nothing else to say. No problems with it yet.

5.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 25 Jan 2010
A. Malone (Berkshire) - See all my reviews
No need for a driver, just plug it into a USB port and it works straight away. I was very relieved that it worked, as I'd split water over my laptop and half the keys had stopped working... This makes a great replacement.