Size: 80mm|Colour: Chrome|Change

on 24 December 2011
I loathe the pathetic bells that they insist is put on every new bike. I read somewhere that our European cousins have imposed a humungous fine and even a jail sentence on anyone riding a bike without a bell.
I could be said to be over-reacting by putting this monster on my handlebars but it certainly attracts attention with its sonorous, mellow, double note.
It must be the biggest bike bell in production. So make your day!
on 18 December 2012
The two tone noise of the bell is lovely, but this is not a Widek brand bell as described, it is a copy. It arrived in bubble wrap with no attached branding. I ordered two, and with one of them the black thumb lever fell off on the first bike journey without me noticing. On opening it up by simply unscrewing the top half, I found it rusty inside. The mechanism is very loose and on the other bell the lever spring came off inside the bell a few times. Like another reviewer, I found that the bell just rattled more or less permanently as I rode along. I applied for a refund because the product was not Widek as described and was not fit for purpose. However, the seller instead sent me two replacement bells, this time branded as Vavert. They are fantastic and much more solidly constructed. The top half does not unscrew, meaning the gap between the two halves, each with their own tone providing the ding dong, are solid and kept apart. The thumb lever is strong and returns to the start position reliably unlike the cheap copies I was sent where it would get stuck half way on the ding, and would come off if I pulled it back. It does not rattle at all, even on a cobbled road. Why was I not sent Widek initially? [...]
TOP 100 REVIEWERon 26 September 2012
THE VERY BEST BELL
==================
I had been looking for the best big bell for some time.

This is ideal. Loud. But not brash.

DING
====
It has a simply two tone.

Pull-and you get a DING!

Let go and you get the very satisfying DONG!

A very satisfying tone.

DONG
====
I also think it has a rather polite tone. On a mixed use cycle path, Ding from 200-300 metres away and any wandering pedestrians know that you are approaching and are able to get out of the way.

If the DING DONG bell could speak- it would say, "excuse me, I'm awfully sorry, would you be kind enough to move out of the way."

Other bells would say, "MOVE! NOW!"

I would rather have the polite one.
on 16 June 2012
I love this bell. The sound is amazing and people get out of the way really quickly! But unfortunately, it makes noises as you go over every bump, speedhump, pothole and sometimes even randomly. I sound like an approaching ice cream van! I've had to take it off but if anyone has any suggestions as to how I can resolve this, please reply
on 14 December 2012
I love this bell. Beautiful chrome finish. Melodious tone. It is an an attention getter, without being aggressive. Indeed the sound makes people smile.
on 20 April 2013
Excellent! This is the second bell I have purchased, but this one is for me! Would recommend as it is loud.
on 26 October 2014
Amazing sound, very clear, two tone so even seems to alert vehicles, but, and this is why it gets a one star, you just can't have it on the bike, on a flat road it constantly makes noise clanging with every tiny bump in the road. So while a great sound it's a worthless bicycle bell
on 29 July 2013
upgraded my singlespeed kona with white industries ss cranks, hubs but widek ding dong ultimate accessory for a classic look and sound. loud, clear, cheerful gong. tinkles in between, when going over bumps, which annoy some at races when i pass them. he he he.
on 2 October 2014
Great bell, does it's job & looks cool