Format: DVD|Change

on 4 December 2013
I thoroughly enjoy this series of programmes - not just for the 'who done it'? storylines but also to see all the actors and actresses that we used to see on TV years ago. It always amuses me to see an actor appearing in several episodes but taking the part of different characters - Bradford Dillman being one of them - one of my favourite actors - sometimes playing a baddie and other times not!!

I also love to see Angela Lansbury's wardrobe - she wore some lovely clothes - ones which I would be very happy to wear - even now. Not sure what that says about my fashion sense in this day and age!
on 13 May 2013
Murder She Wrote is one of my favourite series ..... I love them all ...from season 1 onwards . At a time when violence,sex and bad language often seem to be the order of the day it's pleasant to be able to sit back and enjoy a good "whodunnit" where none of these are featured.
on 4 October 2014
Me and my brother bought all of murder she wrote for our mother who liked the show and Angela Landsbury. She was watch it on one the channels on tv but they were all over the place so I said that me and my brother would get them for her birthday Christmas and mothers day.
on 9 December 2014
You just can't beat Jessica Fletcher....another season of the classic murder mystery amateur sleuth as she is, as always, followed by murder wherever she goes, and yet again she shows the law up time and time again by solving each and every case! What a woman!!! :)
OK, so it is unlucky for anyone counting themselves as a friend of Mrs Fletcher, but if all you want to do is relax with a cuppa and enjoy an afternoon of back-to-back episodes, you can't go wrong.
The formidable Dame Angela Lansbury is as wonderful as ever...
on 13 July 2013
the wife loves the show and watches the dvd nearly everyday from one episode to another. it is an outlet in a cruel word. good bit of escapism
on 10 June 2010
It is really good i like murder she wrote, i ave to but number 11 now and then i am up together with it all. I think Angela Lansbury is a good actor and i like it how she solves crime and murders and how she gets people off that she knows didnt do the crime. I could watch for hours on end, i did start to watch murder she wrote on tv and i liked it so i started to but the dvd of murder she wrote.
on 28 December 2009
I have the dvd's for all the seasons of this show...up to what is currently available. I enjoy it very much and I run a marathon of the series from season 1 through the last one I have, every summer. I never get tired of Angela Lansbury's antics.
on 2 February 2009
Thank Heavens ! Another series of this first-rate detective drama is to be out on general release ! I know that the plots might feel like a modernized variation on what Dame Agatha Christie had written so superbly for so long but even so the acting is fine. If you take elements of Miss Marple and of Mrs Oliver and fuse them together and slap on an American accent then you have Jessica Fletcher. The whole idea of Jessica Fletcher is a posthumous endorsement of Agatha Christie and proves how the Americans love the twee English drawing room type mystery. There are some very enjoyable episodes in this series - I know that many fans will have seen them umpteen times but this is a great DVD set to buy ! A wet afternoon will fly by by taking a trip down this vintage road of TV nostalgia. The casting decisions are broadly spot on - seeing a few familiar faces is always nice. Angela Lansbury can be very happy I think to be remembered as Mrs Fletcher - just as David Suchet will be remembered as Hercule Poirot. Amazon are offering this at a great price and such a purchase will not disgrace any detective fiction collection. So don't delay buy this gem from Amazon today !

I have not gone into too much detail about individual episodes as I did not want to ruin things for people who either had not seen them before or who had not remembered what had happened. A modicum of suspense can make this sort of TV show more fun to watch and I would not want to deprive anyone of that.
on 29 December 2013
The item is brilliant it was delivered early I was very pleased with it. This is why I gave it five stars. it was totally worth the money and would consider buying more.
on 17 July 2014
I love the series of Murder She wrote - Angela Lansbury is a joy to watch and even when the story is a bit slow she makes it watchable. Love this series !