5.0 out of 5 stars best jeans
i love them they are very comfy and im not into skin jeans so very ideal for me.
specially if you have big legs
Published 10 months ago by B AKUMA

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!!!
BE CAREFUL, IT IS A FAKE!

Published 11 months ago by honest

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!!!, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Levi's Men's 501 Original Fit Jeans (Apparel)
BE CAREFUL, IT IS A FAKE!

I just received it. I checked the pants and I think it's not my expected. I bought this here because the low price attracts me as most of you. But I think the item I received is not a genuine product of Levi's. I have several pants of Levi's and by my intuition, I think it is a fake. To confirm, I checked the topic about how to distinguish the stuff of Levi's on the web and then I went to a Levi's store around my home with the item I received and compared it with the same mode sold there with the help of staff there, then my conclusion is the item I received is a fake.

Exactly, the sides of the pockets of the genuine Levi's jeans are double sewed, and this pants are single-sewed. This is very important to distinguish the genuine and the fake.Obviously, counterfeiters always want to save costs.

Then, the leather label on the right butt pocket is different. On the genuine,I can clearly see the horse's mane, But on this one, I can see nothing. Besides that, the red tag on the right butt pocket is also different. In genuine, the two sides(top and bottom) of the red tag are sewed, and the mark R (registered mark) is on the middle of the fold of the tag, but this product is not.

There are also many other characteristics can be used to distinguish. I don't want to list them one by one. For example, some fasteners like plastic raher than copper.

BE CAREFUL!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Dec 2012
D. THOMPSON (Sussex) - See all my reviews
These are not the quality I have been used to in my 501s. Thinner denim, smaller hems. I thought they were fake at first but it seems you can get genuine poor quality levis! Where are Amazon getting them from? Made in Bangla Desh on labels.

1.0 out of 5 stars New style low rise hipsters not for me., 26 Dec 2013
I've long since lost track of the number of black 'Original fit' 501's I have bought. Got a pair from Santa/Amazon this year only to find the recent style adjustment, a more modern look, which reduces the rise by a good inch and a half in the front, an inch in the back effectively lowering the waist line to below my hips. These jeans are useless with a belt and will just fall down.
Sadly these will be returned. There are a confusing number of differently styled Original 501s now being sold. I will only buy now if they can be measured and tried on first.

5.0 out of 5 stars best jeans, 10 Oct 2013
specially if you have big legs

5.0 out of 5 stars The only Jeans to wear, 5 Oct 2012
alfie pearce (Southend on Sea) - See all my reviews
Tried to buy shrink to fits from the US, but because of contracts with Mexico, where the jeans are made, they are not allowed to sell them outside the US. I've been wearing the Marlon Levis for a few years now and find that they are a good alternative to the shrink to fits, colouring is similar and the cut of the jeans is pretty good, wider in the leg than other versions. If you like your jeans baggier/looser I would suggect buying one size up as i've found they still shrink over time after washing, though not a huge amount. Buying a larger size also gives a longer leg for a decent sized turn up. Wash them inside out so that they retain a darker colour for longer.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not as advertised. Look fake. Need them now, so will keep., 27 May 2013
Different than advertised. Look fake. Probably are. Not as advertised picture. Either Levis have changed product, or are not convincing copies.

2.0 out of 5 stars crap levis, 25 Nov 2012
made in bangladesh, if this is the future for 501s then im buying no more ,a generation of jeans have been destroyed by this inferior product.

1.0 out of 5 stars Levi 501, 6 Dec 2012
The product arrived with labels indicating that it was the size ordered but when compared against another pair of Levis of the same is it clearly wasn't. I also doubt that the product was genuine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality denim and not as per picture., 11 Dec 2012
I bought exactly the same item ('onewash' 501's) 8 months ago from Amazon using the same webpage.

However the 501's that arrived this time round are made from a much thinner denim and are of inferior quality to my earlier purchase.

They're also made using two contrasting colours of thread for the stitching.

This is most noticeable across the back pockets, where whiteish yellow thread is used for the Levis 'v' motif, clashing with the traditional orange thread that the pocket is actually stitched on with.

However you wouldn't know this before buying as Amazon is still using a photo that doesn't actually match the product they are selling.

Cheap(ish) for a reason......Avoid!

1.0 out of 5 stars Be warned - sizing, 24 Aug 2012
The jeans seem absolutely fine, however be warned - there is a problem with the sizing on this page. What you select for size on the main page, doesn't match what appears on the confirmation/order page. I've sent back one pair for being the wrong size, showing that what I wanted matched what was written on my order confirmation, and have been sent another pair that are the wrong size.

Hassle I really could do without!