4.0 out of 5 stars 502 and a half?
Published 6 months ago by the new strummer

2.0 out of 5 stars not as well fitting as my old pairs
had lots of these in the past, and these simply don't fit anywhere near the same....they now just reside in my draw waiting to be let out
Published 11 months ago by muddy9mtb

2.0 out of 5 stars not as well fitting as my old pairs, 22 Aug 2013
muddy9mtb "J" (South Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews

1.0 out of 5 stars Shrank so I now have half-mast jeans, 22 Nov 2013
I thought buying a pair of 501s from here would be a good idea; I thought wrong. As many others have said, after a couple of washes they shrank to the point the hem of the legs are now above my shoes, so they're pretty useless unless I take the scissors out, chop the legs below the knee and make them into shorts. However, this isn't 1988 so I won't be doing that. Binned. Avoid!

1.0 out of 5 stars DO NOT BUY IT!!!!!!!!, 6 Sep 2013
This review is from: Levi's Straight Fit-501 Men's Jeans (Apparel)
BE CAREFUL, IT IS A FAKE!

I just received it. I checked the pants and I think it's not my expected. I bought this here because the low price attracts me as most of you. But I think the item I received is not a genuine product of Levi's. I have several pants of Levi's and by my intuition, I think it is a fake. To confirm, I checked the topic about how to distinguish the stuff of Levi's on the web and then I went to a Levi's store around my home with the item I received and compared it with the same mode sold there with the help of staff there, then my conclusion is the item I received is a fake.

Exactly, the sides of the pockets of the genuine Levi's jeans are double sewed, and this pants are single-sewed. This is very important to distinguish the genuine and the fake.Obviously, counterfeiters always want to save costs.

Then, the leather label on the right butt pocket is different. On the genuine,I can clearly see the horse's mane, But on this one, I can see nothing. Besides that, the red tag on the right butt pocket is also different. In genuine, the two sides(top and bottom) of the red tag are sewed, and the mark R (registered mark) is on the middle of the fold of the tag, but this product is not.

There are also many other characteristics can be used to distinguish. I don't want to list them one by one. For example, some fasteners like plastic raher than copper.

BE CAREFUL!!!

2.0 out of 5 stars crap levis, 25 Nov 2012
made in bangladesh, if this is the future for 501s then im buying no more ,a generation of jeans have been destroyed by this inferior product.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 31 Dec 2012
D. THOMPSON (Sussex) - See all my reviews
These are not the quality I have been used to in my 501s. Thinner denim, smaller hems. I thought they were fake at first but it seems you can get genuine poor quality levis! Where are Amazon getting them from? Made in Bangla Desh on labels.

4.0 out of 5 stars 502 and a half?, 30 Dec 2013
I haven't worn 501s for years but had fond recollections of them as being fairly snug without cutting off the blood supply and letting me put things in the pockets. I bought two pairs, one pair at a very keen price coloured "hard ground" leg length 32" so I could turn them up and this pair of blacks, keenly priced, with a 30" leg length, both 36" waist. The cut of the two is vastly different. The waist of the hard ground measures 36" but those of the black measure 38". Needless to say the hard ground are rock star snug whereas the black are M&S style loose and indifferent, like a trouser but styled as a jean. I don't understand why they are different. They are both described as 501 original whatever that is. The black are made in Pakistan, the hard ground in Turkey. They all have authentic looking tabs and labels aplenty. Thought it best to draw this to the attention of discerning Amazonians in search of a bargain.

1.0 out of 5 stars Levi's 501 jeans, 6 Feb 2014
These jeans are never 501s in their life got last ones from slater's and they are proper Levi's better fit and quality

1.0 out of 5 stars not what we were used to, 2 July 2013
Ghio (london, UK) - See all my reviews
The point of levis sizes and cuts was that providing you know your size you could buy from anywhere because levis used to keep to their standards. Well not anymore. They changed the fabric, cut and sizes. I have all my old jeans that still fit me great, while the ones i bought from here are simply awfull. My new 3030 (my usual size) now makes me look like male prostitute while a size bigger has got such a big waist it looks like im hidding a kalashnikow im my boxers. Levis get your S*** together.

2.0 out of 5 stars Are these really Levis?, 21 Dec 2012
The Jeans are a pretty poor product, probably factory seconds at best.

The stitching is of a variety of colours and the hems are all wrong.

While I'm not certain they are fake, they are not of a quality one would expect from Levis..

Very disappointed!!!

1.0 out of 5 stars New style low rise hipsters not for me., 26 Dec 2013
I've long since lost track of the number of black 'Original fit' 501's I have bought. Got a pair from Santa/Amazon this year only to find the recent style adjustment, a more modern look, which reduces the rise by a good inch and a half in the front, an inch in the back effectively lowering the waist line to below my hips. These jeans are useless with a belt and will just fall down.
Sadly these will be returned. There are a confusing number of differently styled Original 501s now being sold. I will only buy now if they can be measured and tried on first.