on 15 May 2009
This is a generic 4 in 1 camera remote control, with buttons for Pentax, Nikon and Canon. I bought it for my Pentax DSLR, which means that only one button - S for Shutter Release - works. For Pentax compact digital cameras, there's a second T/W - telephoto/wideangle - button.

Nikon users get just one button - a different S for Shutter Release - whereas Canon DSLR users get two buttons - S and 2S for immediate and 2-second delayed shutter release. Canon Powershot users get S T and W buttons plus others for use during replay.

With 5 different "S" buttons, it is not intuitive to use, though the tiny manual explains all. It would have been nicer if this remote had a little recessed switch to specify Pentax, Nikon, Canon 1 or Canon 2 rather than cluttering the face with unusable buttons for everyone, but at a tiny fraction of the cost of the manufacturers' own remote controls, I'm not complaining. It does what is required of it, which is essentially very simple!
on 17 May 2010
Purchased this remote as it claimed to work with a Pentax K10D camera. When I recieved the remote I was surprised that it only had a shutter release function available for the Pentax. OK thats all I really needed so I gave it a try. Read the instructions, inserted battery and set up the camera. On clicking on the shutter release button nothing happend except the TV turned on. Turned off TV and tried again - same results. No shutter release and it does not even turn the TV back off.
on 22 November 2010
It does what it should: triggering the shutter.
I would have liked a few more options with my Pentax (like 3 functions: no delay, 3 secs delay, 10 secs delay) and the fact of having 13 buttons can be a bit confusing as only one or two will actually work with your camera.
Range is good with my K10D and the battery will last quite long provided that you put a piece of plastic between the battery and the contacts when not in use (I can vouch for this because this is my second one and the first lasted 3+ years before the battery died).

It comes with a little pouch, which the first one I got did not have, nice :)
on 19 March 2010
As the listing has now been corrected to reflect the fact that this is not a Pentax remote, but a third-party alternative, I can say this item represents good value (at least for the Pentax functionality - I can't check for the other brands it supports). Though with so many buttons, I did hit the wrong one the first time I used it and missed a potentially good shot of a Jay!

(edited by J.H.)
on 28 July 2013
The seller has been so nice to send me a second remote after the first one was proven to not work. Unluckily and unless I am still doing something wrong, this remote does not work with pentax camera. I own a K30, k-5 and Q as well.
on 26 December 2012
I'm so glad I bought this remote control.
I thought it might have been toy-like but, although it's small, the buttons are positive in use and it does its job.
Buy it!!
on 5 October 2011
This remote control does not work properly at all....for my pentax I can use just two buttons no more, so I would not buy it
22 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse