on 13 November 2010
I recently bought two pairs of these cables for a 40" Samsung 3D TV and Blu-Ray player and Sky HD. The cables were great value, and look very solidly made. They dont have much flex on them, but you can tell they will last. I will be looking another one to link up my Xbox 360 with the telly. You wont be disappointed, and i highyl recommend these cables as a good solution
on 16 December 2010
Does what is says, nice qualty cable and fine 3d pictures, the only -ve is that the cable is not that flexible particularly comming out of the plug so several inches clearance are needed from the socket to e,h a wall.
on 20 July 2010
I have no idea how these cables with the quality of construction they possess can be sold at these prices. They're unfeasibly good value for money.

I bought two, one to connect a Humax FoxSat HDR box and one to connect a Blu-ray player to my new 42" Panasonic TX-P42S20B.

The differences between standard BBC and ITV and their HD variants are now 'night and day' on the Freesat box. 1080p pictures from the new Alice in Wonderland Blu-ray are jaw dropping.

I have spent an awful lot of money on cables in the past (e.g. Townshend Isolda speaker cables in my audio system) and I couldn't help but be drawn to looking at higher cost HDMI cables.

These HDMI cables are so good and so cheap though that it really is a no-brainer. Buy them!
on 12 August 2011
My Sony TV and DVD player were supplied by a local retailer who also supplied an HDMI cable to connect them. He said that it was a good quality cable. I soon found that if the cable was moved when playing a DVD the TV screen went blank. The connection could be restored usually by moving about the cable. It seemed to me that the problem could be the cable or either of the HDMI sockets. The retailer replaced the cable with an identical one, but the problem remained. This suggested to me that the problem was with the cable. I decided to purchase this XO platinum HDMI cable which has solved the problem. The picture is excellent, and what good value.
on 29 September 2010
A really well made product. Looks the business as it has gold connectors and graphite finished braided cable.
However all that would count for nothing if the product did not work...
Needless to say I just plugged it in to Mac and Monitor and worked first time. Delivers a stable image and no problems.

Purchased to connect Apple MacBook Pro to new LG Monitor. I was worried as I was using a 3rd party "dongle" or convertor. Into this I plugged this HDMI cable.

End result is that with this cable + "Dongle" I get a stable and crisp image on my new LG monitor + Sound.

Overall I am v.pleased with it. And the fact that it looks very decent as well helps!
on 13 May 2011
I don't know what it was but I went for full refurbishment, I threw out my old snaggy cables, that I had collected in the few years big brand names like QED, Monster and Belkin. They were HDMI 1.2 and HDMI 1.3, I had paid 10 times what I paid for these HDMI 1.4 Cables. In all in good choice, they are all gold plated and heavy gauge cables.
on 22 April 2011
I bought a bunch of these HDMI cables, I was having an issue with my HDMI equipment after a quick call to HDCentral they informed me how to resolve the issue. (As promised leaving review for all cables i bought of them.)

The cables are HDMI 1.4 spec, fully gold plated and nylon braided. I can tell you after replacing with the bog standard HDMI cable i could see more colour gamut.
on 3 September 2010
A great price for a cable of this length. Well constructed with a hard wearing fabric cover excellent value
on 15 May 2011
We had to come back for more, after purchasing our first hdmi cable from this seller, we have upgraded our house since with a PS3 and a new Samsung LED LCD in the Living room. My hubby remembered this seller and we went for the same series.
The cable is quite solid and is gold plated, connector seems robust.
All in all product and seller get 5*****
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 26 January 2012
I have always been told that when buying cables you should always buy the best available; that, in some establishments, means spending huge amounts of money on the pretext that this will ensure quality. Not true. If you are buying cables for a 3D TV then just about any 1.4a compliant HDMI cable will provide very good audio and sound. These cables are excellent value for money. I use them between a Panasonic 3D BluRay player, a Panasonic 42 GT 3D TV, soundbar and a SKY+ HD box. There is a definite improvement in quality over the 1.3v HDMI cables I was using previously. Don't spend a fortune on the mistaken belief that a £50 cable will give you better quality, I've been down that path and they don't.

Update (August 2012): Since I posted this review in January 2012 the cables have gone up in price significantly (nearly 10 fold). Thought I'd better add this comment otherwise some of the review will read a little strange - i.e. this is now a nearly £50 cable, it wasn't when I bought it.

Update (December 2012): Since I posted my last update the cables have now come back down in price, so obviously they weren't selling at the near £50 mark they'd been increased in price to. At current price of £12 they are still 3x more expensive than I paid but they are a good cable. Probably £6-£8 would be a fair price, however, at £12 they represent reasonable value for money.

Update (February 2013): since last update price appears to have moved upwards again.