5.0 out of 5 stars excellent coverage that stays put
Published on 10 Dec 2008 by Louie

1.0 out of 5 stars Awful!
I bought this foundation in 'natural bronze' as I wanted to try a new foundation and saw that this had had quite good reviews.
I applied it first thing in the morning before work and it looked great! My skin looked flawless and coverage was really good!
I went to the toilet in my break and looked in the mirror to see patches and streaks all over my face! Not...
Published 16 months ago by Clakin

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent coverage that stays put, 10 Dec 2008
a little goes a very long way with this product, supplied in a handy squeezy bottle which is perfect for on the go, the bottle is fairly flat at only about 1" at the bottom and tapers up, the front as shown on the photo is wide deep. the application is easy and smooths in very well without being greasy, the result given is a flawless finish, it is touchproof so stays put for the day. I have true combination skin and find I dont get that 'shiny' look I get with some products. definate make up bag essential

4.0 out of 5 stars A good foundation, but doesn't last as long as I'd like, 19 Nov 2009
This review is from: Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation (Personal Care)
The skin around my nose is quite red, and my quest to find a foundation or concealer that will satisfactorily cover the redness and stay put is unending.

Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation is a silky liquid foundation which comes in a squeeze bottle. It blends very well and is neither too oily nor too dry with quite a matte finish. The coverage, however, leaves a little to be desired. The formula is quite thin and it seems that how ever many layers you apply you can't completely conceal the blemish or red patch. I use Max Factor Facefinity Foundation Compact - 1 Porcelain over the top, which helps a little, but even so the redness is not entirely masked. I'd recommend this for dark under eye circles rather than redness, as it gives skin a bright, luminous glow and conceals the darkness well.

The major qualm I have with this foundation is that despite it being "long lasting" it simply doesn't stay put, at least not for me. I don't have particularly oily skin at all, but after a few hours, even using Smashbox Photo Finish Primer, this foundation starts to fade and appear blotchy.

I'm yet to find a foundation which is any better, however, so despite these issues Max Factor Lasting Finish gets 4 stars. It covers redness adequately, and a little goes a very long way. I've had mine for months and there's still plenty left. If you're looking for a foundation to conceal dark circles and just finish off your complexion, I'd recommend this. If you suffer from rosacea or are covered with spots, this product probably won't do you much good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely Perfect, 20 Aug 2009
Ms. P. Main "Pamela" (Aberdeen, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation (Personal Care)
I wore this on my wedding day... I wanted something that would last all day and this was perfect... You dont need much just work it in and blend. I did spend more time on my make-up than I would normally!! I had looksed at all the other more expensive ranges around as I thought I would treat myself to new makeup for my big day - and after trekking from dept store to dept store, I gave up with all their sales talk, and went into my local Boots chemist... the girl understood exactly what I wanted... and I came away with everything I needed for less than half the price of the others... I will stick with Max Factor forever...

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for fair skin, 27 May 2012
I bought this based on the reviews here on Amazon. I had been looking for ages for a foundation that not only suited my pale skin but was long lasting, gave good coverage and looked natural!! A big ask...I used this yesterday for a family event and it ticked all boxes. Very, very happy with this foundation. Highly recommended. If you have pale skin and have been searching for a good foundation this is def worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!, 26 May 2013
I bought this from boots in 001 fair but I wish I had bought it off line now!! because its so much cheaper!! >:/ it was £10 in boots and only £4-75 on line! grrr >:/
gives a even coverage and lasts for ages!

5.0 out of 5 stars AMAZING!, 20 Feb 2011
This review is from: Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation (Personal Care)
I've been struggling to find a foundation to match my pale complexion - they all seemed too orange for me. But this is PERFECT.
The first time I used it I was outside for the day in the wind and the rain for a good majority of the day and it stayed on :) Only had to touch up at the end.

4.0 out of 5 stars Max factor lasting performance, 26 Mar 2011
This review is from: Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation (Personal Care)
I don't have the best skin so I tried this product because it had hight coveredge and it hid my spots quite well. I still need to use concealor but I was happy with this product. I would suggest testing this product in a shop first to find your shade but I think this i's definatley worth a try.

5.0 out of 5 stars foundation, 24 Jan 2011
leaves a nice base and not patchy finish. blends well and suits my complexion i am fair skinned and works well

4.0 out of 5 stars Best foundation.. but a bit orangey..., 30 Nov 2012
I choose the 100 Fair colour, since despite not being ginger, im often as pale, or paler than most red heads- im quite proud of this too, i dont use fake tan or bronzer, so even though the shade was only slightly too dark, to me it seems quite obviously the wrong colour, and compared to my neck, seemed quite orange.. :/ I also ordered Max Factor compact powder in Truly Fair (slightly lighter i believe)so hopefully when i use that on top, it will match my skin colour better. I SHALL be buying again, trying to find the right shade (maybe IvoryBeige?)because the actual foundation is so amazing. The coverage isn't the best though with a little concealer on the areas i want covered would fix that, but the texture is amazing! Its feels so soft and silky on my face, i simply used my fingers to apply it, and that worked fine. It looks really smooth on too, my face looks so smooth and flawless! The bottle IS tiny, but should hopefully last over a month despite its tiny stature- i will upload a picture of it in my hand so you can understand the size. When i try some lighter shades i think i'll do a more indepth review x)

5.0 out of 5 stars amazing, 10 April 2013
this is now officially my favorite foundation
it stays on for ages and gives you a full coverage effect
its smaller than i thought but still last along time as a little dab will do ya
i also brought the darker shade and it works soooo well as a bronzer i love it if your thinking about buying it than do it and i can promise youl love it to:)<3 <3 <3

Max Factor Lasting Performance Foundation