on 18 April 2013
Used to buy Diorshow ans other premium brands until I became a student and made cuts to my spending......in doing so , I discovered this stuff, and I have to say....it's better than any I've used ! I have really short , rubbishy eyelashes and this really does give them some ooomph ! I'll still be buying this when I'm flush again !!
on 13 January 2016
Would not recommend. Mascara wasn't sealed. Put on first coat and seemed OK.Applied a second coat and my eyes became so sore and red and felt like there was something in them for the rest of the day.Have never reacted to any make up ever but I would be very cautious buying this.
on 5 May 2016
I've used this for over six years now and realised as of lately the bottle label has changed so I done my research - its a new design since last year (check out the Max Factor website).. However the label looks slightly different with a slightly faded foil label and 'procter & gamble' printed on it - never noticed before..

However, it works its magic as normal and it never fails to lengthen and volumise my lashes at the same time.. I use it nearly everyday and a bottle will last around two months..

I missed out an extra star as it never arrives sealed lately (as others have said) and you don't know where its been..
on 22 November 2012
I used an entire tube of this mascara, so I gave it a fair chance. It's really not a bad product, but there are a few things to say about it:

PROS:
- Fairly cheap
- Gives a very black result
- Very little clumping
- Great seperation, no "spider legs" or other grossness common to the cheaper brands

CONS:
- Does run and flake by the end of the day. Not the worst, but definitely noticable and not pleasant.
- No volume enhancement and very little lengthening, definitely not a "false lash" look!

The brush is easy to use and the formula is quite dry, not necessarily a bad thing as it means it won't easily transfer in the few seconds after you've done your eyes. My lashes are reasonably full and dark but by no means did this enhance their volume in any way, which was the big disappointment.

Considering this mascara costs about £8 (or about £11 in likes of Boots or Superdrug), at the £15-ish mark you can get a higher end brand with a REALLY noticable quality difference. Even for those of us without a lot of cash to throw about (lord knows I don't!) it can be better to spend a little extra on a product that really does the job and doesn't have you worrying about whether you have smeary makeup all over your face. There ARE some great budget makeup products out there - but I can't help but feel that products like this one are pretty much false economy, and that's why I won't be repurchasing this.
on 1 December 2009
THIS IS A VERY GOOD MASCARA, EASY TO APPLY,GOOD BRUSH, DOESNT CLOG LIKE SOME DO,
JUST WISH IT WAS A BIT CHEAPER..?
on 10 April 2016
I have previously tried as many mascaras from various high class brands, but never expected that a cheaper product can beat every other mascara I own.
It makes your eyelashes standout, and since using it, I have been told many complements about my eyes, although I never wear an eyeliner or eyeshadow. Plain mascara, specifically this one from Max Factor, will make your eyes appear large and gives you a unique look.
on 7 May 2016
I recently started wearing mascara. This works wonderfully. It thickens and lengthens the appearance of my lashes without getting clumpy. It doesn't tend to smear or run easily but washes off with micellar water at the end of the day. The black-brown colour works with my complexion really well. Very black mascara tends to look a bit over the top with my lighter coloured lashes and eye brows.
on 30 December 2015
By FAR my favourite mascara! I have tried God knows how many mascaras over the years, from cheap ones to high end ones. I got a couple of free ones with giveaways over Christmas from Revlon and No7 and neither of them are a patch on this for me personally! So many seem too wet, so when you apply more layers they clump or crumble, others have brushes that just don't seem to do what my lashes need them to. But this just works so well for me, the brush gives great cover and I can reapply without my lashes clumping!
on 6 July 2016
One of my favourite mascara! I have bought it few times now and still planning to buy when current one will be finished. This mascara is miles cheaper than a designer brand but delivers the results you'd expect from a high end mascara. The brush is perfect and easily reaches the lashes at the very corner of your eyes to ensure an even spread of mascara. After just one application I find my eyelashes look longer and much more defined - each lash seems to stand out. It definitely accentuates the eye area without looking fake.

One of the most impressive things about this mascara is that it seems virtually smudge proof. All other mascaras I've tried have smudged on my under-eye skin if I blink too soon after applying, but this doesn't happen at all with 2000 Calorie. It seems to dry almost immediately. Rain and perspiration doesn't budge it, but it comes off easily enough when you wash your face.
on 15 March 2016
I have very thin eyelashes and these work wonders for me. The mascara works great and adds volume without clumping my eyelashes together. Tip: make sure to curl your eyelashes before you use this mascara