5.0 out of 5 stars Home grown Brit blues, 9 July 2002
By A Customer
There seems to be a crop of young blues players about at the moment, on both sides of the Atlantic. This first studio release by Danny Bryant's Redeye Band should, on talent alone if not on marketing hype, put him at the top of the tree. I have been listening to blues since before this guy was born and this is the first album in a long while which has made the hair on the back of my neck stand up.
This isn't Musicians' Institute blues, this is blues wrung out of a life on the road, and it shows. All the tracks are penned by Danny himself, there are no covers. The playing is assured, confident and melodic, covering a pleasing mixture of styles, from hard-edged SRV through acoustic, slide and searing Strat in a kind of Clapton-collides-with-Walter-Trout feel. In short, this is a player who has found his own voice. And speaking of voice, it's hard to square the emotion that comes out in his singing with his youth: he really means it.
I couldn't find a bad track on this album, nor was it ever repetitious. If you like classic blues played like it ought to be, it's worth checking this one out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 2 Dec 2009
David Wixey "Blues Badger" (Gloucestershire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watching You (Audio CD)
Wow, what an awsome piece of work by Danny Bryant.
This is Danny's first album and I think a re-release.
The guitar work is brilliant and Danny's smokey vocals really
make this album.
Watching You, the title track,is one of the best Blues songs I have heard for sometime,and Heartbreaker is an outstanding track as well,all songs are written by Danny and his Band.
If you are a Blues fan or a Blues Rock fan then you need to add
this to your collection, and try some of Danny's other albums too this
young British Blues Guitarist can be up there with the likes of Joe Bonamassa,and SRV.

4.0 out of 5 stars A chance encounter, 23 May 2014
This review is from: Watching You (Audio CD)
I was looking for something else and came across Danny Bryant and came one of the CDs a listen via the samples - and liked what I heard. Mostly his style of blues is what I like and now I have a couple of CDs with more in the Wish List for another time. He doesn't blow me away like, say, Ian Siegal, but he has a strong line of guitar playing.

5.0 out of 5 stars very good, 20 Nov 2013
Gerald Crook (south wales) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watching You (Audio CD)
one of the top blues guitarist to come out of the black country for some time as I side before I must go see this guy
Gerald

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 3 Sep 2013
This is the first cd i have bought of Dannys but it wont be the last he is a brilliant guitarist.

5.0 out of 5 stars YET AGAIN ANOTHER FAB ALBUM, 24 May 2010
FastHand (Harefield, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Watching You (Audio CD)
I first listened to Danny Bryant's "Just As I Am" album and have been hooked ever since. I have purchased all of Danny's Album and have not been disappointed. If you like your blues full on with good loud guitar playing then his albums are a must, you will not be disappointed. Start with one album and then I'm sure you'll continue adding to them. Remember play them loud.

Watching You
Watching You by Danny Bryant's RedEyeBand (Audio CD - 2009)