5.0 out of 5 stars Good control for a wandering dog
One of our spaniels has taken to long distance exploring when off the lead and is sometimes reluctant to return to the whistle. The 5 metre tape length gives her a (limited) licence to roam but remaining under control. I suspect that she will quickly learn that reacting to the whistle is better than having her operating radius limited.
Published 14 months ago by Mr Jan Benfield

1.0 out of 5 stars RUBBISH THING - NEARLY LOST MY DOG
I had this only 3 weeks when my dog (who is well within the weight limit stated) ran to a cat and the thing just flew off....

I nearly lost my dog the metal clip was still attached to her harness but the extendable bit just wheeled back in like a tape measure .. I had to run after her and thank god shes ok
Published 22 months ago by holly martin

5.0 out of 5 stars Good control for a wandering dog, 10 May 2014
This review is from: Flexi Compact Black Medium (Misc.)

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Quality Flexi Lead (German designed) RECOMMENDED, 20 Jan. 2015
Peter Millard (Stroud, Gloucestershire, UK.) - See all my reviews
Excellent quality Flexi Lead. I've purchased these before for previous dogs and they have easily lasted the lifetime of each dog (14-15 years each). What I like about the Flexi lead is that living in the countryside with no pavements, you can wander along country lanes allowing your dog to wander, stop, sniff, speed up, slow down ~ all without you having to stop for each and every sniff, it all seems so more relaxed, so much more fluid progress. Of course if you live in a more residential area, you will need to have a bit more control with your Flexi lead, but the brake button on the handle will help take care of that.

One warning ~ if you have a bitey puppy dog, make sure they don't get the opportunity to chew through the nylon tape lead when you're not watching ~ they're a lot more expensive to replace than a cheap old standard fixed lead.

Personally I believe the tape style is much safer than the cable type ~ because anyone with a crazy dash-about dog will find if you get tied up in knots, or any small children get in the way, you could get a very nasty burn from the cable type, whereas the tape style is much more forgiving.

My hands are not particularly large, but I find that in the depths of winter when wearing thick ski gloves, the Medium size hand grip is certainly not over-large. On the other hand, the larger lead is more expensive, has a wider tape and is also heavier ~ your choice. (For your information, our dog is a very active 8 month old Cocker Spaniel puppy).

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 9 May 2011
I had always scoffed at extending leads but have a new Jack Russell puppy and live in the middle of sheep country so was bored of having her on a short lead all the time. I borrowed the tape version of the lead to try and it has been a godsend. It works easily and she has soon adapted to realising when she is on the lead sheep are out of reach and walks are much more relaxing and enjoyable for both of us! I got the slightly heavier duty one than I needed so that I felt I had a robust product, which I have. It is also comfortable to carry when the dog is off the lead. I would find it hard to go back to a normal lead.

5.0 out of 5 stars Purchased to stop me running off, has worked...so far, 12 Mar. 2014
After my latest disappearing act the people got one of these sent to the house. It arrived far too quickly for my liking, putting paid to my adventures. Despite my best attempts to chew through, the tape it remains intact. Similarly my regular attempts at running as fast as possible to the end of the line to snap it have also been in vain. I think the people must be satisfied with this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Flexi dog lead, 21 May 2014
This review is from: Flexi Compact Black Medium (Misc.)
Excellent extendable dog lead and very strong. This was the 3rd extendable lead i had bouught the 1st and 2nd one snapped when my dog pulled tho it WAS NOT A FLEXI LEAD it was a cheaper version. Flexi is the best dont waste money trying cheaper ones they do not work and if your waiting to cross a road you can rely on flexi not to snap and ensuring the safety of your dog. a cheaper one will snap letting your dog run onto road. BE SAFE BUY A FLEXI TAPE LEAD. personally i will never buy any other lead now i have a flexi lead they work 100 %. one happy safe dog and owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product - Recommended, 14 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Flexi Compact 3 Tape Black (Misc.)
I choose this particular retractable TAPE lead as oppose to the one with a cord as having a big dog, 62kg Great Dane, who bites the lead when excited, I needed to feel confident it wouldn't break, as have others I've had. I'm delighted with it, it's very strong and holds her with no worries of it fraying or snapping.

I would thoroughly recommend this FLEXI COMPACT 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars new lead for alsation dog, 9 Oct. 2011
Mr. G. Hall "Popeye1" (Notts England) - See all my reviews
Purchased this flexi lead after looking at quite a number of other products in this class (already have a Ancol Flexi one for our smaller dog). We have not been dissapointed by this lead it is every bit as reliable as you could ask for in a product.It is a little on the large size but if you do not wish to carry it in your hand if you let your dog of the lead like we do then I use the safety strap to fasten the lead to and put it over my shoulder.Our dog is a large alsation she weighs approx 50kg and is only 14 months old (still growing)but the lead can cope when she does pull it does not slip in dry or wet conditions a first class product + a very good price I would reccomend this lead (Ancol Flexi medium 60kg)to any dog owner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good quality dog lead, 14 Mar. 2014
Very good German quality lead - the retractable mechanism is very smooth and the actual unit is made of good quality materials. Its a quality product at a good price. The tape is very tough and much better than the corded leads which tend to stick when releasing or retracting. This product comes highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars for a small dog, 28 Nov. 2012
We purchased this for puppy West Highland terrier that is four-month-old. So far, this item is perfect and being a 5m tape and not the string type of extending lead it feels secure.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great!, 25 May 2014
One very bouncy Labradoodle securely held :)
Previous one broke - this one feels very solid and has coped very well when my Labradoodle sees someone/another dog and thinks 'playtime!'

Flexi Compact Black Medium