5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - as you'd expect!
Published on 18 May 2010 by Amazon Customer

2.0 out of 5 stars Haydn string Quartets Amadeus
I was disappointed in this recording. The playing is excellent but the recording was terrible I expected better from DG. I have since bought the Naxos Hagen recordings from you which are excellent. Can I return the Amadeus ones? Michael Adams
Published 9 months ago by Michael Adams

5.0 out of 5 stars Superb - as you'd expect!, 18 May 2010
Amazon Customer (Stone, Staffordshire United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Haydn, J.: 27 String Quartets (Audio CD)
The Amadeus playing Haydn... well you'd expect it to be good stuff and it is. The playing is precise and captures the style perfectly (the sound is perhaps a bit old-fashioned for some purists, but fine for a normal music-lover!). My only slight quibble is with Windows Media Player on my computer - it seems to think that every disc of the ten (yes, 10 CDs - a real bargain!) has exactly the same content, so I've ended up having to index them all manually.
I'd been looking for a complete Haydn quartets box set to replace my cassette collection from the 1980s, but this box has all my favourites and quite a few of the lesser known ones as well, so I don't really feel that I've missed out. The quality makes up for the missing ones anyway.

2.0 out of 5 stars Haydn string Quartets Amadeus, 17 Sep 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars Big Disapointment a real Bait and Switch, 17 Feb 2013
Avishai Shalev (Tel Aviv, IL) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Haydn, J.: 27 String Quartets (Audio CD)
The 10 CDs album contain only ONE by Amadeus quartet. All the rest are a collection of different performers. A real copyright issue were the original performers are not mentioned at all! The performers are OK but the overall attitude of the DG company is not honest to say the least.I did not get what I paid for.

Haydn, J.: 27 String Quartets
Haydn, J.: 27 String Quartets by Amadeus Quartet (Audio CD - 2009)