on 22 March 2014
I used to swear by the Head Microgel racquets but was finding they were lacking touch and was starting to loose my confidence at playing drops. I had seen others using this Dunlop Aerogel 4D and they were happy with it. After a particularly bad loss one night I decided to buy one myself. After a couple of games getting used to it I found my confidence in dropping returning, with it's large head and close string pattern it is very easy to pull off accurate drop shots and being head light is quick to cut out fast moving shots and pull off deceptive changes in direction with a flick on the wrist. The frame does look and feel thinner and flimsier than previous racquets and I am more wary at play shots that are hugging the wall but I have owned it three weeks and no damage as yet. There is a lack of power but it more than makes up for it with the other shots and I have found my drives now have a better length where I used to over hit them a bit. The power may improve when I get round to putting some decent string in. A good quality grip is provided but it is too thin for my liking and if shots are hit a bit off centre it can twist the raquet in your hands. Overall I am very happy with my Dunlop Aerogel 4D.
on 20 January 2011
It took me a while to get used to the lack of power, however being head light compensates in many ways.A little hint of vibration also took me a while to get used to but I hardly notice it now,probably used to it. When needed, it is easy to flick the ball from behind you, it also makes volleys easier to play at the flick of the wrist (literally). Touch and feel is superb,takes the pace off the ball wonderfully. If hit well with technique does provide enough power,but I would not recommend this for the power hitters. Dunlop is more a racquet for touch or technical players. Jonathan Power,Amr Shabana,Lee Beachill,Gregory Gaultier (actually uses this racquet) and I think more recently Ramy Ashour. Playing a straight drive, I regularly achieve tight shots in a game which are sometimes impossible to pick off the wall even at medium pace. Drop shots and counter drops couldnt be tighter as the racquet takes the pace off the ball a great deal. I cant say enough about this racquet, I give this 5/5 because I think it has everything you need to be a top player,I dont think it is possible to have power and touch in the same racquet so I think this racquest does well at what it is meant to do. If you need more power, go to the gym :-)
on 30 July 2015
Love this racket it was amazing value.Fells so light in the hand and is unbelievably smooth when volleying. A great design give you a desirables large sweet spot. Just make sure you get it strung to your taste as personally the strings are substandard but this is made up for by the supreme quality of the racket!
on 17 August 2011
Another good quality racket from Dunlop. This is a good all round racket with good feel & touch, probably not for anyone looking for a power hitting racket. Expensive but worth it for the ambitious improving player.
on 7 June 2014
I love the great balance of power and control I get out of this racket. It's opened up a few shots I would be weak at with other rackets. I can't say anything bad about the racket actually. My only problem is the high delivery cost to Ireland. The price seems great at first, but with delivery costs of £17, it becomes expensive again.
on 16 September 2013
This racquet has great feel and is well suited for intermediate/advanced players not needing a racquet to provide the power. I've previously played with the Aerogel Ultimate and find this racquet not only lighter and more agile but it also has a lot more control with drops and lobs coming off the strings exactly the way you intend. If you need a racquet to provide a lot of power this is not the one for you, you'll need to have your own steam engine on-board when smashing it into oblivion. This suits my game really well and I'm sure with the flexible range in the racquet will be great for most players
on 1 May 2015
I bought this for my Dad, when we played I had a quick go which in retrospect was probably a mistake as now I have racquet envy over this, despite my primary racquet costing twice as much (Also a Dunlop). It pulls off that elusive trick of being lightweight but also feeling really solid. The balance is nice, a touch head heavy compared to what I consider to be average but really you cannot fault it.

Obviously I cannot comment on longevity but it seems sturdy enough and the old man hasn't broken it yet
on 28 June 2014
Firm, but lacks control and power in my opinion.
Outstanding stick: centered balanced, light, very good control but powerfull.
For experienced players, it'perfect for long matches due to its equilibrium between power and weight.
on 18 March 2016
Arrived in good condition. Present for partner. Although after few months the strings broke but my partner tells me this is quite usual for squash rackets! Seems a bit odd to me

See one answered question