Shop now Shop now Shop now Shop All Amazon Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

on 23 September 2010
Great set of additional tips for use in the car - we power and use these for most of our devices - have a 6 yr old with a Nintendo DS , wife's phone etc - so handy and never run out of power either during the journey or for when we arrive at our destination. If there is one you want and its not in the pack - we rang them up (old Nokia phone ) and they (Power Monkey)sent it next day. Also bought the Solar Power Travel Monkey which these also fit.
on 1 October 2010
I could not heap enough praise for this box of tricks. It has already been put to good use. So many uses and options to add on. Well done , a must have in the car/van etc.
on 24 January 2009
superb piece of equipment, I've been waiting for months for this and it's so neat. Saves all the different cables being carried around and I can charge all the childrens gadgets and ear pieces. Only improvement would be a metal tin rather than cardboard which is bound to disintegrate eventually
Received my Motormonkey today, very impressed by packaging which also serves as a useful storage box. The box has holes cut to the correct shape for the supplied tips and I can use the tips purchased for my Power Monkey for those not supplied. The charger is very small and would fit into the cigarette lighter socket flush. The instructions advise that the unit may be left in the socket and there is no current drain when not charging. I prefer to use an extension lead just in case I was unable to remove the device from the socket, I would also prefer to use the leads supplied with the IPOD etc as they are more substantial. Good unit and highly recommended.Power Traveller Power Monkey - Universal Charger for all Mobile, PDA & iPod
on 9 April 2010
I've got two Maplin equivalent units which fit both my cars but feel a bit plasticky and aren't very confidence inspiring, so when one of these came with a Power Chimp I thought I'd replace the one in my old Lotus Elise with the Motormonkey, however it only goes in a short distance and won't make contact, it seems the rounded plastic end is catching on something in the cigarette lighter socket and stopping it from going further. There's scratch marks all over the rounded plastic end. It does go into my other car, a Land Rover Defender, but the socket on there is a third-party multi-socket so not sure if it's compatible with the standard Defender socket.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 11 October 2010
We each have a variety of devices that need charging on the move these days - phones, smartphones, GPS units, cameras, iPODs and portable games consoles to name but a few. Using a seperate 12v charging cable with each of these is a royal pain, especially with their rather chunky 12v connectors on the end. Fortunately the PowerMonkey pretty much solves this.

The main part is the 12v USB socket which fits perfectly in your cars 12v socket (a VW in my case), hardly protruding at all, which means you can leave it there the whole time and it won't get in your way. This USB socket can be used with ANY USB charging lead, whether it comes with the PowerMonkey or not. Importantly, in my case, it works with a regular iPhone USB charging cable. When charging, there's a red indicator light so you know its working.

Apart from this main socket, the kit comes with a rather clever retractable USB lead which can take a number of included attachments which are mainly for mobile phones and regular USB type devices (a 'mini-B' for example). Unfortunately for me, it includes neither a Nintendo DS Lite or iPhone attachment, so i'm still having to carry around those cables, albeit much slimmer USB versions. You can buy these types of connection for the PowerMonkey direct from their website though.

It all fits in a nice moulded case (albeit cardboard) which is only about 6" across and can be easily tucked away in the glove box etc.

An elegant solution to USB charging in the car.
on 16 March 2011
Functional, Compact, Stylish, Flexible.

Functional:
Does exactly what it says it does - allows you to charge a multiple of products by using your car power socket (formerly known as the Cigarette Lighter socket)

Compact:
A small power unit which has a USB slot, an auto-retract extension cord plugs into this by means of a standard USB plug and finally a selection of 7 connectors.

Stylish:
Small yet solid. The Stainless Steel-cased power unit feels solid and looks good.

Flexible:
As you get a variety of connectors and a USB cable it means it can be used for other devices not just what is provided in the kit. (Extra connectors can be ordered directly from the makers - Power Traveller)

This excellent product has allowed me to get rid of three car chargers so far (when I say get rid of, I mean put into my 'spares' drawer!).
The compact design means that I can keep it in the glovebox so it is always handy. It is especially useful as I can use it as a USB charger also.

I only have a couple of reservations: One is that it doesn't come with an iPod connetor, however I ordered one from the PowerTraveller website for a couple of quid - bargain!
The second is that it doesn't come with any sort of case, even a drawstring bag would be useful, in fact that is exactly what I use.

Overall, it's perfect as a 'Universal' charger.
on 11 August 2009
i bought this little gem for my husband thinking ( its not costing the earth so will try it ) he is delighted with it, as we tour a lot, with mobiles, sat nav, etc, and had a large shoe box full of chargers, all managing to get themselves tangled up. this little box manages to cover all our needs,it can charge from the cigarette lighter while driving, or into the electrics when on site. so yippee i now have an empty shoe box to fill.
on 6 September 2009
I bought Motormonkey so the family can all charge their mobiles in the car, as we all have different makes and are always changing our phones you don't need to all buy different in car chargers you just need this one. If it doesn't come with your attachment you can always purchase the attachment for a small cost.
This has to be the best mobile in car charger about, it looks smart, its small and compact.
on 9 July 2009
Attracted by the idea of having 1 charger for all gadgets used on a motorbike camping trip in France, I thought it was worth 20 quid to give the Motormonkey a try. 1 (smaller than most) charger unit and lead plus a few small adaptor plugs to charge I-pod, phone, gps and camera, replacing 4 separate chargers. Result!!! Seems crazy not to include an I-pod plug as standard, but I took the original I-pod lead with me so no probs. If it had this one in the kit it would be perfect. Maybe a licensing issue?