5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Piece of Home Exercise Equipment for the Upper Body
There are some advantages and disadvantages to this product that buyers need to be aware of before purchasing:

-this is a great in-home piece of equipment to primarily exercise the chest (pecs), front shoulder (anterior deltoids), and back of the arms (triceps)

Published on 14 Dec 2010 by positive thinker

3.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant, not rubbish
I've been using these for 2 1/2 months now, and I eased myself into using them by doing the 'lady' pushups before moving on to a full push up. Whilst doing the lady pushups, I thought they were perfect, and enabled me to build up strength to move onto a full pushup.

Published on 11 Aug 2011 by John Gator

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Piece of Home Exercise Equipment for the Upper Body, 14 Dec 2010
This review is from: PUSH UP PRO BODY WORKOUT ABS CHEST FITNESS KIT GRIPS (Misc.)

-once you can do 20 reps in a row with this item, you will not get these muscles any stronger using this piece of equipment. The srength training literature is quite clear (ex. Fleck and Kramer) that anything OVER 20 reps of an exercise will build primarily muscle ENDURANCE and NOT strength. Thus, you can strengthen the above named muscles only to a certain extent- since this exercise equipment is unable to provide progressive resistance (unlike a weight machine or dumbbell where you can keep adding a little more weight now and then which challenges the muscle and makes it grow bigger and stronger). Having said that, it is a great tool to use for moderate strengthening and to maintain a certain level of fitness. Just know it won't turn you into Hercules...

-this is an especially good piece of equipment to use if you have wrist problems since it can rotate and let your wrists do what they do naturally with you do this pressing type motion- unlike other exercise equipment where your hand is fixed on a bar.

-using this piece of equipment is vastly superior to regular floor push-ups as it allows the torso to "sink down" to the floor more which increases the range of motion for you to exercise in. Thus, the muscles are exercised more thoroughly thru a greater range.

When all is said and done: Its a good product for someone looking for a moderate upper body workout and wants to "stay in shape". Also recommend Treat Your Own Rotator Cuff if you have a shoulder problem that interferes with your workout.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not brilliant, not rubbish, 11 Aug 2011

The problem with the full pushup is there's now too much weight pushing onto them. I'm *only* 15 stone, and my grip and weight mean the handles push inward slightly creating a slight gap. My skin goes into that gap, gets pinched, and leaves me with tender palms.

If you're not heavy, these are fine, if you are, the cheap construction might be a problem. Saying that, you get what you pay for.

5.0 out of 5 stars Decent piece of kit for the price, 17 Aug 2011
I do quite a lot of exercise and have done since I was a kid so I've always been fairly toned. Part of my training has always been a lot of press ups. I'm a slightly built female and have always done press ups off the knees, it's better for me and I continued to do it with these handles. If I'm honest I wasn't expecting to see much of a difference or be particularly tested using them. First session ended with my arms absolutely aching along the tricep which is somewhere I've never felt it sore before when exercising. After a few months I'm actually surprised at how much definition my tricep now has. I had worried I was getting bingo wings but it's firmed right up.

The handles themselves are much more comfortable than the usual press up position. As I've gotten older I feel pain in my wrist doing "normal" position press ups. These handles make sense, it can't be normal for your wrist to support your body weight at such an awkward angle. They rotate nicely as you lower your body without any of the discomfort associated with press ups off the hand.

My husband is also using these to tone up and I'm noticing results across his chest, arms and shoulders. One thing I have noticed is that they do tend to sound like they're cracking if he does press ups in the feet position rather than knees position. He is quite a big guy and the rotation of the handles also seems to grind and stick a bit when he uses them. I might invest in ones that are slightly sturdier for him.

All in all, I do love this piece of kit. They sit in the corner of the livingroom so can be used whenever the urge takes. Plus, with them sitting out it reminds me to do some press ups!

I'm impressed with the results. Don't expect to be a tank or super fit athlete overnight....that won't work with anyone, but do expect to see some changes in definition and feel a bit sore the first few times!

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good for the price, 19 Feb 2012
Great little bit of kit for the price, works very well but does feel a bit cheap and maybe doesn't rotate as smooth as product with a much higher price tag.

5.0 out of 5 stars Push Up Pro Does the job!, 4 Mar 2010
Been using Push Up Pro for a couple of weeks now and I can really feel the difference. Having dislocated my shoulder a few years ago I have always had problems with building the strength up without putting too much strain on it. The Push Up Pro also take the strain off your wrists. The box comes with a few simple excercises but I found some great exercises on Youtube, the power pushup is a really good one.

This is a good product and good value.

4.0 out of 5 stars Simple, to the point, good for the price, 31 Dec 2011
I've only used them a few times so far, but these arrived very promptly and seem to do the trick. They're certainly nothing fancy and they are 'unbranded' despite the box cover nor is there an instruction booklet which seems to be suggested to be included on the box. Having said that, it's pretty obvious as to how to use them. Can't fault them for the price.

1.0 out of 5 stars Poor, 22 Aug 2011
very poor product, will not turn smoothly when pushing up and clicks like its going to break, better buying the more expensive ones

1.0 out of 5 stars Total crock of s***, 29 Nov 2013
Yes, they do make the press-up harder but only because you must apply energy in your forearms and wrists to twist this thing as its not smooth turning. You can get a good rhythm going but it's exacting your energy non-beneficially. Much better to use fixed press-up handles that allow a greater depth of push-up, and that you can orientate to suit your wrists. This is a commercial gimmick, a novelty, it's been passed from friend-to-friend over the years - No one wants it. It's that crap.

5.0 out of 5 stars good little things, 16 Oct 2011
really like them its good how you can make press ups a little bit better easy or hard. i did think my weight was going to break them but they haveproved me wrong and i overall happy

5.0 out of 5 stars 100% value and functionality, 14 Aug 2011
Noticed some product criticisms before purchasing, however, I found product exactly as describd and can only surmise that product has been upgraded or prototype was initially marketed. The product works smoothly, looks good and has no rough edges, all in all thoroughly professionaly presented. Push up bars are definitely beneficial whether the inbuilt twist capability is a marketing gimmick or worth having Im not really qualified to say, as I am not a "high volume user", though I think it adds to fuctionality and would always now prefer those with this facility. Highly recommended.

PUSH UP PRO BODY WORKOUT ABS CHEST FITNESS KIT GRIPS