5.0 out of 5 stars Impressive little camcorder but you may want a bigger battery, 18 May 2009
Kevin Canetti "KCBlades" (Rotherham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sony - Handycam DCR-SR37E - Camcorder - Widescreen Video Capture - 800 Kpix - optical zoom: 60 x - HDD : 60 GB - flash card (Electronics)
I bought this for use with a Swimming club I help out at, along with the bundled case and a Sony tripod. It's an excellent camcorder and I was amazed how small and light it was. It's easy to use, even for the technically challenged coaches in our club, has an impressive display and a superb zoom. I loaned it to my boss at work for his daughter to do a school project, a week later he asked me to order him one for home!

The two observations I would make are that the battery supplied is good for may be an hour or so (suggests 90 mins when charged but we all know they never give you all the time they suggest, especially with start and stop) so, as we film sessions for 2 hours plus, I ordered the extended battery through amazon - it's a much chunkier battery so sticks out more and adds to the weight but gives us up to 600 mins and has a separate wallcharger so you can use the supplied one with the camcorder as a backup. There are batteries that are physically smaller than the one I got but with less hours so you may want to compromise with this, I'm using a tripod so size and weight is no issue.

Second point is that the recommended case in the bundle, whilst very nice, is way to big for the camcorder alone. It worked well for me as I keep the charger etc all in the case but if you are looking for something just for the camcorder I'd buy the camcorder and go to a shop to get a suitable sized case.

Basic Sony tripod was also excellent - great quality, light, and well worth the money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful pocket camcorder - unbelievable space and zoom, 30 Nov. 2011
My first camcorder, have had it for some time now. Completely infallible - have filmed countless family occasions with it with huge success. The 60GB hard drive is brilliant - I have never been forced to delete videos because the drive is becoming too full. Quality is very good indeed, and the controls are simple but very effective.

Probably the best feature of all is the incredible 60x optical zoom, which is almost certainly the highest of any camcorder I have seen. The camcorder is small and light enough (but not so light that it feels cheap) with a good grip. The touch screen control is fairly responsive, and the zoom mic works very well - great sound quality, and it does indeed zoom in with the camera.

Finally, the tripod mount is a good feature to have, as a steady position is needed for the very far end of the 60x zoom, and this fits just about any tripod solidly.

Pros:
-Huge storage space
-Great quality video
-Good control
-Epic zoom
-Sound quality/zoom
-Tripod dock

Cons: -Nil-

This camcorder has served me very well so far, with no faults, and I highly recommend it.

5.0 out of 5 stars easy to use and brilliant results, 15 May 2011
K. Johnson (england) - See all my reviews
since owning this camcorder (1.5yrs) have used it countless times and the results have been excellent. an additional wide angle lens meant we could just leave it running over christmas present unwrapping fixed to a tripod. it is easy to use, light and compact. about to buy 2nd battery as have been asked to do a wedding video, the first was a huge success. totally recommend.