4.0 out of 5 stars LED Bike Light (Rear)
I bought this Rear LED Bike Light around a month ago and so far, so good. It's quite basic but at the end of the day it just needs to beam out a good strong light and it does fine.

Published on 4 Jan 2010 by Mr. J. Macleod

1.0 out of 5 stars Product not what I wanted
Published on 22 Nov 2012 by ClareBear

1.0 out of 5 stars Product not what I wanted, 22 Nov 2012
This review is from: Raleigh LAA841 Rear Light Carrier Fitting - Red (Sports)
After extensive research on Amazon I bought this product as I wanted to secure it onto the back of my pannier rack. When the product arrived I was disappointed to see that this light fitting is not suitable to be screwed onto the pannier rack despite giving the impression that it was. It is fine to be attached to the seat post and from the frame near the back wheel. I already have a seat post bike light and as I have panniers I cannot have a light at the back wheel. I needed the light to go on the back of the pannier rack so that when I had extra baggage on the rack a bike light is showing as my seat post light is blocked by the extra baggage.

However, although the product was not to my satisfaction, when I emailed Amazon and their supplier, the supplier got in touch with me straight away and credited the money back to my account. I did mail back and ask how I returned the item but was advised that the cost of postage was too high to return (it came from Hong Kong) and that I could retain the item. I therefore thought the customer services from the supplier was extremely good.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not by Raleigh and doesn't fit onto pannier bracket, 6 Nov 2012
This review is from: Raleigh LAA841 Rear Light Carrier Fitting - Red (Sports)
The description says that this light is "by Raleigh". It is NOT "by Raleigh". It is made by Shun Feng product code SF-288. I could have bought a non branded one from Amazon, despatched quickly by Amazon for £3.43 including shipping. Instead I waiting a two weeks to receive a rear light by Shun Feng!
I'm not sure if the plastic clip, included with the light is a "pannier rack mount" but the light won't slide down on to it, anyway. It slides halfway down and then will slide no further. I'd guess that this clip should be for another product. Perhaps the supplier realises that they are pushing the truth with this product because they did include a free "fireflys" light up device with the cycle light. Thank you ... but I would rather have received a "Raleigh Carrier / Pannier Rack Mount Rear 5 LED Light by Raleigh"

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth it!, 2 Oct 2012
This review is from: Raleigh LAA841 Rear Light Carrier Fitting - Red (Sports)
I bought this product which was a bit more expensive than the other ones on offer.
Firstly the connection onto the back of the bike, no matter how tight at the start, becomes loose and the light slumps to point at the floor.
I also had a problem that whenever I hit a bump it turned itself off. This was fixed by shoving paper in with the batteries which wasn't great! Now whenever rain gets on it it gets stuck on! Actually Raging

4.0 out of 5 stars LED Bike Light (Rear), 4 Jan 2010
This review is from: Raleigh LAA841 Rear Light Carrier Fitting - Red (Sports)

One thing I would say about this kind of LED light, is that (in general) they can at certain angles be less visible to other people. However as this is something that can effect all LED lights you can't knock this one for being any worse.

Cheap and cheerful and does the job.. I'm happy!

5.0 out of 5 stars good good good!!!, 27 Mar 2009
This review is from: Raleigh LAA841 Rear Light Carrier Fitting - Red (Sports)
nice item, bit of a cycle buff and this does the job well, i wanted different attachments so i could attach it to back of my rack, it comes with rack attachment and two other stem like attachments one big one small, plenty to put the light where ever you want it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant backlight!, 4 Oct 2009
Malte (London (UK)) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raleigh LAA841 Rear Light Carrier Fitting - Red (Sports)
Great back light. Works very well and comes with both pannier and seat post mounting options.

2.0 out of 5 stars Bright enough - but flimsy clip holder, 15 Sep 2012
This review is from: Raleigh LAA841 Rear Light Carrier Fitting - Red (Sports)
Light is good and bright, but unfortunately the seat post clip did not hold the light firmly enough - off it flew, never to work again after a stationary landing from pannier height. So one week's use was all I got from this light. Will be looking for something more robust next time!

5.0 out of 5 stars Bike Light 2, 6 Mar 2012
SE (Australia) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Raleigh LAA841 Rear Light Carrier Fitting - Red (Sports)
Practical product and does what it says it does. Easy to fit and is bright. Useful product and I think will work with most bikes.

5.0 out of 5 stars Rear Light, 11 Dec 2011
This review is from: Raleigh LAA841 Rear Light Carrier Fitting - Red (Sports)
Excellent light for the money. I use the flashing mode for most effective visibility but am considering purchasing another to use in constant mode for maximum safety as I commute home along a main trunk unlit road. Excellent quality and value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars light, 7 Dec 2011
This review is from: Raleigh LAA841 Rear Light Carrier Fitting - Red (Sports)
Really good, pleased with purchase and amazon. Bright and probably best light I have bought whilst being good value for money,