Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£3.49

on 1 December 2007
Carla Thomas's solo career was always slightly overshaddowed by the success of her brilliant work with Otos Redding on "King & Queen" (which I saved up for weeks to buy in 67 when I was 15!!)but she is a real star in her own right. However some of her albums didn't do her justice. This collection pulls together lots of her best work from the 60s that still sound good today. the obvious hits are here - "No time to lose" "Comfort me" and the immaculate "Baby" are real gems. But there's lots of other great stuff with dirfferent styles. I love "Stop, look what youre doing" & a "Womans love". Not really a weak track in sight. If I was being picky I would have put on "New years resolution" from King & Queen , rather than "Lovey Dovey" but thats missing the point.

This is top class southern soul at a real bargain price -get someone to buy you it as a cheap but quality present!
on 24 March 2013
A much under-rated R & B artist. Of course, her best known mainstream hit B.A.B.Y. is here, as well as the earlier Gee Wizz (Look At His Eyes) which got to no 10 in the US general pop charts. A couple of her hit duets with the legendry Otis Reading are also included (Tramp and Lovey Dovey). Better known to lovers of R & B than the general pop market, Give it a try, I love it.
on 18 January 2015
LIKED THIS ALBUMN A LOT AND HAVE HAS A LOT OF HOURS OF GOOD MUSIC.