Size: Small|Change

on 29 November 2014
I have been having great difficulty finding a warm coat to fit my little chihuaua cross dog, as, at 13 inches, she is a little longer than the average chihuahua. She is also 'whippet-shaped', in that she's very slim with a slightly barrel chest.

After much deliberation, I found this little coat. I thought it might be a little short, but the body size appeared to be fine, so I ordered it.
The coat arrived quickly and excellently wrapped. It is beautifully-made and would be (I would say) medium-warm - quite warm enough for anything but a really hard winter. I doesn't have a hole for a harness, but I usually make a hole for this in most dog coats I buy anyway.

The only thing was.....although it fits my skinny chi perfectly in the body, it is much too short - at least 2-3 inches too short if not more.
However, because this is such a nice coat and it fits so well everywhere else, I am keeping it. I'm going to buy some waterproof material (possibly gaberdine) and put a 'hem' on the bottom of the coat. A fair bit of work, but problem solved!

So overall, this really is a 'small' coat, in all ways.
on 9 May 2013
This is a really smart little dog coat. It fits my miniature schnauzer perfectly and she seems to find it comfortable. In fact, she almost prances around in a look-at-me style when wearing it! Good stuff! Happy, dry and warm days :-)
on 15 May 2011
lovely coat but be aware, the medium size would only fit a small dog round the stomach area...
had to sell on and buy a large size for my staff terrier.
on 22 February 2015
Gorgeous, smart, elegant and an absolute bargain! My puppy loves it so much that he has even fallen at sleep whist wearing it. Thoroughly recommended.
review image
on 9 May 2013
It arrived in good condition and on time, I liked the quality and the style was exactly what I wanted, the only thing that stopped it being five stars is that there was no hole to connect your lead worn with a harness underneath.
on 28 November 2015
Large was the perfect fit for my 20kg, 12 year old springer spaniel. Very lightweight and kept her creaky joints toasty warm during our walk. Harness fitted easily over the jacket without any adjustment. Very happy, would recommend
review image
on 13 February 2012
I brought this coat for my pug for the recent cold weather he loves its a perfect fit. Very pleased with product.Arrived very quickly too.
on 8 January 2012
Nice and cosy, has a 2 velcro fixings 1 at the chest and 1 underneath which goes around the stomach as well as 2 elastic fixings 1 each for the back legs in which the strap goes under the leg and has a dome popper which is reattached round at the back of the dog. The first time I walked her the elactic straps did bother her but she has had numerous walks since and she has obviously got used to it as they dont bother her anymore. I have a female Lhasa and I ordered a Medium which is a perfect fit. Great product at a great price
on 21 October 2012
Excellent quality. Excellent value. Very quick delivery. My greyhound and I love it - back fasteners stop it blowing forward in the wind. Really recommend the product and the supplier.
on 28 January 2015
Smashing little dog coat, my Schnauzer loves to roll in the grass, coat or no coat, but this coat comes up lovely and clean with just a wipe of a damp cloth. I have washed this in the washing machine as well and it comes out like new. The tummy strap is a little long for a perfect fit on her, but hey, all dogs are different in tummy size (as are we owners).
This coat stays in the right place across the back even after a roll in the grass, I would definitely purchase this again, it is a trouble free dog coat which also looks very smart.