5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative for tummy time
Published on 9 Jun 2010 by RB

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally useless!
Published on 27 Dec 2010 by M&M

1.0 out of 5 stars Totally useless!, 27 Dec 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym (Baby Product)
My daughter hated it from the first day. She would start crying the second I put her on the board even if she would accept a bit of a tummy time as a very young infant. I kept on trying it regularly, even when she loved playing on her tummy, I got the same answer, cried to put her down. The mat is very colorful, but has little toys to play with, so she would scratch it for a minute or two then look for something else. With the baby's weight on it is too difficult to spin for an infant, so I would have to spin her slowly, still she hated it.
Do not buy it! It's a total waste of money and space to put it away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great alternative for tummy time, 9 Jun 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym (Baby Product)
We first tried this at a baby class and I bought one because my baby enjoyed it so much. It makes a nice difference not having him face planted in the rug for his tummy time, I only wish I'd discovered this sooner as he is now 4.5 months. Still he's been using it quite happily for the last couple of weeks and spins himself around on it. I also like that it has loops around the mat for you to attach your own toys. He isn't rolling over really yet, it will be interesting to see if he is as happy lying on this when he is.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fab and different, 15 Sep 2010
G. Bodill "Gemma" (Nottingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym (Baby Product)
Great alternative way for babes to play- bright and colourful with lots for baby to look at and feel. Also looked at garden gym and feel this one is much nicer. Product says 0-6 months would say not for any younger than 4 months unless just using the mat without the centre piece - but will also go on for further than 6 moths old. Great gift or treat for your little one

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing idea, age 1-4 months, 30 May 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym (Baby Product)
Amazing idea for tummy time with many activities, really nice colours. I liked the fish prints. Very high quality. It's suitable until baby is strong enough to fall down on forehead (around 4 months)

4.0 out of 5 stars Colourful and useful, 21 Jun 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym (Baby Product)
I found this Lamaze tummy-time gym rather nice. Comparing to the older model (with garden bugs, which I checked out in a shop) the Sea version is more colorful and I personally like it better with a round matt rather than flower-shaped. I have bought this item when my little girl was 4 months old and I wish I had it even earlier. She usually does not like to spend time on her tummy, but she manages to play on her tummy on this gym much longer than on a blanket or sofa. Of course it takes a few tries to get a baby hooked on a new thing like this, but if you do not give up and try placing your baby on it a number of times I am sure your kid will love it.
ADVANTAGES: great colours, made of good quality materials with a good finish, nice built-in toys (a rattle, squeeky ball, peek-a-boo etc.), the spinning platform fits baby comfortably, and the matt can be used alone later on. Actually, one can also use the spinning platform alone, with some favourite toys of your little one at hand for him/her. WHAT COULD HAVE BEEN BETTER: the radius of the matt could be a bit bigger, and the matt could perhaps be a bit stiffer or have a more rigid rim to keep it spread (my daughter likes to grab it and pull it towards her, so that all the fabric ends up piled around the spinning platform rather than flat on the floor). Also, if your baby is big, the spinning platform might last until he/she is some 5 months of age at most. However, same critique applies to the older model of Lamaze spinning gym and of these two I would recomend the newer, Sea gym.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing, 22 Nov 2009
This review is from: Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym (Baby Product)
This product was a little disappointing. My son when first put on this was about 6 weeks, it says suitable from birth, he simply lay on it and sucked the edge then cried. He has been relucatant to use it since. It is very colourful and can be put away easily, unlike some other play mats/gyms etc. I have rarely used the board, however the play mat is lovely and we usually use it with other toys as a mat. I'm sure I could have bought a play mat a lot cheaper tho.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant idea, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym (Baby Product)
Brilliant toy and high quality,gave my little boy a change of scenery and he enjoyed the different textures and sounds of material. Brilliant for tummy time. Amazon price was the lowest I found and item arrived quickly. Hours of fun were had playing :)

1.0 out of 5 stars not a product i would recomend, 9 Jan 2013
This review is from: Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym (Baby Product)
my daughter finds it hard to lay on it as it hurts her arms shes four months and she find the mat not interesting enough for her.

2.0 out of 5 stars Don't expect miracles!, 13 Dec 2010
Phil (Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym (Baby Product)
My 4 month old hates tummy time and so after seeing the positive reviews I thought this might do the trick. No such luck, he hates being on the surfboard even more than lying on his playmat. The playmat that comes with this is colourful and has a few little toys to play with but having already bought a playmat I didn't need another one. Delivery from Amazon was excellent as ever. Instructions don't make it immediately obvious which way baby's head is supposed to be (high or low end of surfboard?) but we tried both and he hated both. A friend tried the surfboard with their 5 month old baby boy and he also hated it despite generally enjoying tummy time! A reasonable product for the price but don't expect miracles if your baby isn't a fan of tummy time.

3.0 out of 5 stars its a bit floppy, 22 Nov 2010
This review is from: Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym (Baby Product)
this is a lovely bright play mat, the spinning disc is a great idea, and easy for little ones to use, but i found the base matt was too floppy and my son found it more intresting just lifting up the mat as it was not rigid in any way, it could do with being made more solid like other mats on the market.

Lamaze Spin & Explore the Sea Gym