5.0 out of 5 stars Useful/interesting
Nice product and well thought out. Quite a lot of options so worth
reading the manual. The memory function is very useful and puts
well ahead of other devices that do the same thing for the same price.

I notice comments on accuracy and precision of this device. This
device measures total load which will be higher than the house meter...
Published on 23 Jun 2008 by Tom

2.0 out of 5 stars Take readings with a bucket of salt
I got a couple of these devices, one for work, and one for home.

At work, it was reading 1.3kW. I have a plug-in power meter (which measures amps AND volts, unlike the Efergy which just measures amps) in our server room which was measuring 670W or 780VA. This feeds into a UPS which was reading a load of 3A (so about 750VA - similar to the plugin-in meter). When...
Published on 24 Nov 2009 by P. D. Smith

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product. Strangely Addictive ..., 14 Aug 2013
Some people have commented that the readings from this meter are accurate in comparison to their property meter and others not so. Frankly I don't have the time or inclination to delve into the deep dark depths of my understairs cupboard with a pen and paper every day just to compare if the house meter is saying it's used exactly the same amount of units as the smart meter. All i know is that this little gadget has significantly reduced my monthly electricity payments since i purchased it and that surely is the whole crux of the matter.
It takes 6 batteries but I haven't had to replace them since i purchased it 6 months ago. It's compact and stylish (well as stylish as a smart meter can be) and as another reviewer commented, it's strangely addictive which again is indirectly the point. I know my average k/w per day can go as low as 59 but averages at around 85 so once it rises over 100 I find myself searching the house to hunt down the 'culprit' (I need to get a life I know)
No more for me the washing machine left on an hour after it's finished it's cycle or the hall light burning all night. In fact if I carry on I'll be huddled round a candle in the dark wearing clothes I haven't washed for a year...
Highly recommended

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Comparison of energy use, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: Efergy Technologies ELITE CLASSIC 3.0 In-Home Energy Monitor (DIY & Tools)
because I can check my general usage and compare the solar supply from my roof. I bought a 2nd sensor to go with the unit

1.0 out of 5 stars Rubbish, 15 July 2013
Stopped working within a day
Would not re sync !!!!!!
Tried new batteries and re syncing within inches of the transmitter

One very expensive paper weight ,don't buy one save your money
Will be returned today

4.0 out of 5 stars BRILLIANT, 2 July 2013
BRILLIANT BRILLIANT BRILLIANT THIS PRODUCT DOES EXACTLY AS IT SAYS - NO PROBLEMS WHAT SO EVER - IM HAPPY WITH IT - NO PROBS

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Useful product, 2 May 2013
Great product. By using this product i have managed to educate certain members of the household to not leave their appliances on when they are not being used.

2.0 out of 5 stars Batteries not mains, 7 Jan 2013
This has just arrived and after trying to work out how it all works......connecting a wireless transmitter to the electricity meter cable did not seem like a job for a novice, however I did it BUT could not get the main unit screen to work. Plus its battery operated, 3 AA for the main unit and 3 for the wireless unit. (supposed to save me energy but the battery bill will go up?) So I have requested a return and will not be asking for another one. Shame because it looks and feels nice, just didn't work and was over complicated.

4.0 out of 5 stars I had to replace my old monitor as it was no longer working, 28 Dec 2012
It is a good meter, but a little on the dark side. I had to place it closer to the electricity meter box other wise it would loose signal.It is now working fine.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't buy this if you have photovoltaic panels - not compatible, 24 Aug 2011
If you have photovoltaic panels, don't buy this energy monitor. It can't distinguish between energy that you are generating and feeding into the grid, and energy that you are consuming via your electrical equipment. During the day, when your pv panels are generating, the monitor will read up to 3kw-hours in excess of the correct reading. I contacted the manufacturer, who told me: "a little research and an enquiry with a qualified electrician would have highlighted the limitations of any energy monitor before purchase." Well thanks, guys, that's really helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great unit, will help me save a packet, 14 Oct 2013
With energy costs rising, this unit will really help cut down your spend. The killer in my house is halogen lighting - the amount that costs to run is scary. With this, you get a true indication of your energy use and costs updated every few seconds.

A great purchase and a good gift idea for older people to get a real handle on where their money goes.

Only very minor niggle is the "link" indicator to pair the unit with the transmitter isn't very obvious, but press the link button on the unit, same on the transmitter, and job done - just remember to set your tariff costs BEFORE you link or you'll only see "--" on the display!

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't waste your Money, 30 April 2008
A. Horabin "tiny69" (uk) - See all my reviews
I bought one of these units and am completely disappointed with it. I decided to find out how acturate the unit was by comparing its reading with what my actual electricity meter was reading each day. Over a period of two weeks the unit said I had used 101kwh. My electricity meter showed I had used only 31kwh for the same period.

‹ Previous | 16 7 8 9 | Next ›