5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results

Published 1 month ago by Chris

5.0 out of 5 stars Amazing results, 30 Oct 2013
Janey "Janey" (Nottingham) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Alpecin Caffeine After Shampoo Liquid 200 ml (Personal Care)
This after shampoo liquid is amazing. I started using Alpecin Caffeine Shampoo first. And was so pleased with the results. Thicker feeling and looking hair and new hair growing where it had receded, that I decided to purchase this liquid to use on the days that I don't shampoo my hair. The hair has continued to grow and look and feel thicker. I am absolutely delighted. It has definitely worked for me.

4.0 out of 5 stars Suprised.. :), 2 Dec 2013
I don't know why I didn't expect it to be so liquid-y.. but it's a good thing it is.. coz it penetrates the scalp amazingly and I saw significant hair growth from using it. It also meant that my hair wasn't feeling dirty from oil! Perfect. The only bad thing I have to say is that it gave me a migraine so bad, I passed out (but that may be because I'm sensitive to caffeine). So if caffeine gives you negative health side effects.. Use with caution or avoid. But it works :)

1.0 out of 5 stars Even regaine and propecia are only proven to regrow 10 - 15 percent and that's best case scenario, 19 Nov 2014
Chris "L" (Middlesbrough) - See all my reviews
I've been using this for six months long enough to post a fair review I feel. To be fair the manufacturer doesn't make grand claims only that it helps reduce hair loss and it costs a lot less than a lot other snake oil products on the market. So does it work. In a nutshell no but I don't believe anything out there does. Even regaine and propecia are only proven to regrow 10 - 15 percent and that's best case scenario. For me the potentially dangerous side effects of those two products are too great. I tried alpecin in desperation, gave it a fair shot but will now change to a natural, mild shampoo. Try it if you think it may work for you, it's not going to break the bank but my experience is, it doesn't work/ Save your money and save up for a transplant

4.0 out of 5 stars Like it., 4 July 2014
Ok, first review on Amazon so going to look dubious!

I started using this product over 3 years ago. I've got diffuse thinning blond hair, thinning very gradually and I'm in my 40's. I've tried most products except propecia, with no visible results. Minoxidil made my eyes puffy in 2 weeks very scary, but I've heard thats the one to use with propecia.....puffy eyes and no sex drive, think I'll pass!
So over the 3 years I've used this product I've stopped and started tried other things etc, but always come back to it, because I personally think theres something in it.
Is it going to give you a mane of hair, no, does it grow hair, I don't think so, does it make your hair feel better, yes it does!
I thought it was a cosmetic thing with thickeners at first, maybe the oils and alcohol do something, so purely as a tonic it's nice enough (smells a bit cheap). But if you stop using after a while, the effects seem to linger for a few weeks and then you start thinking "my hairs feeling crap" and wonder why.
So I'm left wondering, no miracle, but hey nice enough to use and cheapish !

Just to add I use a ketazone shampoo twice a week and beleive this to help too!

3.0 out of 5 stars sceptical, 4 Jan 2013
i have been using alpecin shampoo now for two months,it's still a bit early to tell if it is working or not,so i bought the liquid too,to help the cause.If anything my hair has more volume,if it takes a baby a year to grow hair i,ll be looking at that ammount of time for any new growth if any at all keep my fingers crossed.

4.0 out of 5 stars give it a go, 18 Nov 2014
OK like the shampoo this stuff takes time. I'll even say a year or so if Ur not patient then don't waste Ur cash. Noticed thicker hair but like I said a gradual process. Wash my hair every other day using the shampoo but every day with the liquid. I will add I only use both products for the top of my head where its thinner. If u use both all over Ul not see any benefit. Only use where its thinning. Hope it works for u

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Product, 13 Feb 2014
I've used this product many times and it really works, provided you use the shampoo and you use it regularly.

5.0 out of 5 stars Help with hair loss, 24 Aug 2011
This product is easy to use, I use a plastic syringe (from the chemist) and drop 1ml on the top of my head each day. Any help with thinning hair is welcome, I have yet to see long terms results, I also use the alpecin shampoo, which is good. I have read in clinical trials that caffeine protects the hair follicles from DHT, but getting it into the scalp is the important thing, so it reaches the roots. I am happy to keep on with this, the liquid is none greasy and does not affect styling your hair.

2.0 out of 5 stars The jury's out but about to return..., 13 Jan 2012
Well presented product and marketing good. But does it do what it claims? I've been using it in accordance with instructions for about six months. No positive change. Hair loss continues. Hmmm.

1.0 out of 5 stars INCREASES HAIR LOSS!!, 23 Feb 2014
MOST OF THE REVIEWS HERE ARE OBVIOUSLY FAKE AS NEARLY ALL THE GOOD REVIEWS NAME THE PRODUCT IN THE REVIEW AND PLUG THE SHAMPOO AT THE SAME TIME.
I'VE USED THIS EVERYDAY FOR 2 MONTHS AND HAVE ONLY SEEN SIGNIFICANT INCREASED HAIR LOSS.
AVOID THIS PRODUCT!!