5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent upgrade... after this only an SSD comes close.
I upgraded my aluminium macbook late 2008 with this RAM. Passed from 4 to 8GB. And for the ones who had any doubt... yes, it works, and the performance boost is amazing, especially using lots of heavy apps.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2,4...
Published on 2 Jun 2011 by mfonseca

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work!
Didn't work on my Mac Book Pro, Mid 2009 - not sure why, but decided to stick with a more well known brand which worked first time.

I'm not saying it wont work for you, just didn't work for me!
Published 20 months ago by Mr. R. Brauer

5.0 out of 5 stars Great memory-- needs only a screwdriver to install, 23 Jun 2012
This review is from: Kingston Technology 8GB DDR3 1066MHz Apple Compatible Memory (for iMac units from 2009) (Personal Computers)
Memtest gave 100% and the RAM has been functioning fine for about a week now. Super easy to install. I had bought the screwdriver set Amazon recommended but that isn't actually necessary! Just a small philips screwdriver + look up instructions online.

Computer is much, much snappier now. I do a lot of memory-intensive tasks and like to keep lots of programs running so I was expecting a big change and got it.

4.0 out of 5 stars work like a charm, 20 Oct 2011
It looks different from the picture.

No any problem with the 2009 mid macbook pro plus lion sys.

Anyhow, it works perfect.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 10 Nov 2014
did the job

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 3 Nov 2014
perfect!

4.0 out of 5 stars perfet for aplle, 4 Oct 2011
They fit perfectly in my macbook pro i7
Really easy to mount
the mac recognized them immediately
Only problem is that for almost the same amount of money....i could have bought the 1333mhz

4.0 out of 5 stars 2 Stories here..., 17 May 2011
Mr. M. Mcfarland (UK) - See all my reviews
As far as the product goes, it works, easy to install, my Mac had no problems seeing the new memory, Logic Pro 9 works a treat now, even with many plug-ins attached, so the memory is well worth it.
I suspect the seller did not have this item in stock, or they were waiting for new stock which never came, it has taken nearly 2 months for me to get this memory, I could be wrong of course, the lost in the post reason may be true, who knows.
At the end of the day I got what I purchased eventually!
Great product, the seller came good in the end, worth buying for sure, I now have 12G memory!

4.0 out of 5 stars All good!, 12 May 2011
Just installed the ram into my macbook pro, seems all good to me. Haven't seen the benefits of upgrading yet but im sure i will.
Make sure you have proper screwdrivers before opening your mac, mine was a pain to get open.
Delivery was ok, would have liked it sooner though !

5.0 out of 5 stars Great upgrade, 23 Nov 2011
M. Camilleri - See all my reviews
Just installed this on a 2.4GHz MacBook 13" aluminium late 2008 as an upgrade from 2GB. Easy to install, works fine and the performance improvement is amazing.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not for Macbook mid 2009, 20 Oct 2012
The star rating does not really mean anything relating to product. Kingston is a well know memory supplier.
However when I opened my Macbook mid 2009, I realized the memory modules are different. The notch on my Machbook's memory module is more near to side than the one I was sent. I will contact the supplier, to return and hopefully get the proper one. This is for those who may have the same Macbook as I have.