5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent upgrade... after this only an SSD comes close.
I upgraded my aluminium macbook late 2008 with this RAM. Passed from 4 to 8GB. And for the ones who had any doubt... yes, it works, and the performance boost is amazing, especially using lots of heavy apps.

Hardware Overview:

Model Name: MacBook
Model Identifier: MacBook5,1
Processor Name: Intel Core 2 Duo
Processor Speed: 2,4...
Published on 2 Jun. 2011 by mfonseca

3.0 out of 5 stars Didn't work!
Didn't work on my Mac Book Pro, Mid 2009 - not sure why, but decided to stick with a more well known brand which worked first time.

I'm not saying it wont work for you, just didn't work for me!
Published on 18 April 2013 by Mr. R. Brauer

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent upgrade... after this only an SSD comes close., 2 Jun. 2011
This review is from: Kingston Technology 8GB DDR3 1066MHz Apple Compatible Memory (for iMac units from 2009) (Personal Computers)

Hardware Overview:

Manufacturer: 0x0198
Part Number: 0x393930353432382D3030352E4130304C4620
Serial Number: ++++++

5.0 out of 5 stars works as advertised, 20 Feb. 2011
Used the iFixit guide for MacBook Pro, installed as directed, everything works as advertised -- no glitches, no problems with 'non-Apple' memory. Good service, shipping as promised and on time. Recommend dealer.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works nicely with my Macbook Pro 13 (Mid 2010), 25 Oct. 2011
Rui (EDINBURGH, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
Was looking to upgrade my Macbook Pro 13 (Mid 2010) from 4gb to 8gb. First, I ordered a cheaper 8GB kit from a different brand. At first seemed ok. But running prime95 (ram/cpu stress application) would detect errors after only a few seconds.
I've returned that kit, and ordered this one, which seems fine so far. I left prime95 running for 2 hours, and no problem so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 30 July 2011
Bought the kingston kit looking for a cheaper deal than others on the market. Arrived in excellent condition and very quickly, along with the precision screwdriver kit also ordered. Installation was quick and simple, and despite warnings that the kit may not be compatible, it works perfectly, and is running as I type this. Packaging was excellent and looked fairly secure, also came with brief installation guide, with further links.
Small changes in performance so far, however, have yet to install heavier music applications (Logic, Sibelius etc) to see any big advantages.

Would definitely recommend the product, but as with any memory installation, requires patience and a precision screwdriver set.

[EDIT] On further testing and software installation I was very impressed at how smooth the above applications worked running next to each other and am glad I bought the upgraded RAM. Would've definitely expected much slower performance without it. [/EDIT]

-----------------------------

Installed on: 13" Macbook Pro (early 2011)

5.0 out of 5 stars Macbook Unibody late 2009, 1 Feb. 2012
lemm123 (Hertfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
I was unsure whether to buy this or not for my late 2009 unibody Macbook as many of the reviews said that they use a macbook pro, and the 'maximum' ram for my macbook is 4GB. However it worked just fine and my macbook is running much smoother now :) So if you have a late 2009 Macbook. IT WILL WORK. Although be careful when removing the base of the laptop as I almost ripped off the rubber sealing and I spent ages fixing it afterwards.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great value for an excelent upgrade, 14 July 2011
Upgraded my macbook alu (late 2008) from 2GB of RAM, and everything went fine. Just 15 min for opening, removing the old modules, and plugin the new ones. Just make sure you read some instructions of how to do it, if you have never done it before.
The performance boost was incredible, at least for a user like me that abuses of multitasking.
Overall, it was the best electronic purchase I did in the last 2 years. Highly recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Late-2008 Mabook Pro, 26 Aug. 2011
This works fine on my 15" late 2008 Core2Duo Macbook Pro, the one that was supposed to be limited to 4GB of RAM. I bought this kit because I didn't want have to deal with incompatibilities on what is an unsupported setup. Note that if you have a similar laptop you may need to install the most recent EFI update to enable 8 GB.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Perfectly, 9 Sept. 2011
When I bought my MacBook in early 2009 (late 2008 model - first aluminium unibody version) the maximum amount of RAM it could support was 4GB which was what I ordered it with, however when Apple upgraded the designation of the 13" Aluminium MacBook to MacBook pro status, they also quietly released a firmware update which enabled existing ones to be able to use 8GB. This Kingston kit works perfectly in my MacBook. I can now run my Adobe CS4 apps & parallels concurrently without getting the incessant spinning beachball.

5.0 out of 5 stars An absolute no-brainer, 16 Oct. 2011
I don't normally bother with reviews, but have just upgraded my 2009 Macbook Pro 13" from 4-8gb and then plucked up the courage to install OSX Lion. No problems at all with Lion (I had read the bad reviews) and I am liking the new features.

As a heavy Aperture 3 user I was also frustrated with performance, especially using brushes adjustments. Not any more.

Installed in 10 minutes, no problems. Highly recommended and great value, or you could go to Apple and pay £320!

5.0 out of 5 stars impecable, 5 Aug. 2011
package arrived 3 days after purchase and memory modules where really easy to install. perfect upgrade for a macbook pro late 2008 with Mac os lion. huge difference in performance from 2gb of ram to 8gb.